The 1.2 version of Covenant at War (AKA the June patch). This release is SPACE SKIRMISH ONLY, you'll get all kinds of weird bugs if you try and play galactic...
United Nations Space Command PR-TRANSMISSION 44877I-09
Encryption Code: Green
Public Key: file /sierra-one-four-three/
Subject: STATUS REPORT
The June patch has been released, it doesn't require any previous CaW releases for it to work. This release is SPACE SKIRMISH ONLY, you'll get all kinds of weird bugs if you try and play galactic conquest.
1. If you have installed any previous versions of CaW, uninstall them (delete them from Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\mods).
2. Once downloaded, open the .zip archive CaW.zip (easily done with winrar: Rarlab.com )
3. In CaW.zip you will find a folder called CaW, extract this folder to your Forces of corruption mod folder, which should be something like this: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Mods
4. Download the EaW/FoC Mod Launcher, which you can find here: Empireatwar.filefront.com , run it, select CaW and hit start.
- New UNSC Charon and Paris Frigates
- New MAC projectile
- UNSC AI will now fire MAC cannons correctly
- UNSC SMAC Platform added
- UNSC Prowler space mines now explode like proximity mines (extremely hand against corvettes and fighters)
- Added more resource upgrades
- Added Covenant SDC Corvette
- New Covenant Light Cruiser
- New Covenant Destroyer
- New Covenant Assault Carrier
- Added upgradeable ship system
- Several performance optimizations, including:
* LoD models for a few ships and projectiles
* Most reworked models from the above lists are significantly lower poly
- Countless balancing tweaks, you'll find the game plays quite differently to the last version
That's right, several Covenant ships can now be upgraded on the go in skirmish simply by clicking the ship you want to upgrade and selecting the desired upgrade. At the moment the ships only have generic upgrades that improve/add more weapons, and boost shield strength, but over the course of the next few months we will be adding in many unique upgrade paths that will give you some serious fleet customization options.
The only ships currently using the system are:
- Picket ship
- SDV Corvette
- Light Cruiser
These are a game-changing addition in the UNSC's fight against the Covenant, SMAC platforms are long range turrets that can be built anywhere on the map. They can be used to take out large chunks of an oncoming fleet before it can get anywhere near you, but be careful of the Covenant's in-system slipspace ability, if you don't pay attention a whole fleet could easily slip straight into your SMAC cluster and take it down.
Highest Rated (8 agree) 8/10
Some things have been cleared up, but my score stays the same, great work so far and hope to see some updates because im having a blast with all my CCS cruisers xD. Just wish i could see it in all of its beauty without those bugs.
Dec 21 2012, 3:45am by IRisJesus
Lowest Rated (5 agree) 5/10
A 5 because the space part of the game is fantastic. However this mod is half done with still having star wars heroes and land forces.
Dec 21 2012, 4:35pm by The_M_Factor
Latest tweets from @apex_studios
Jun 27 2013, 11:21am
Sneak peak at one of our current projects: T.co
Jan 11 2013, 7:46am
Heads up, update coming to the moddb soon, it is however available on the forums now: T.co
Jul 9 2012, 7:33pm
The update will be up on ModDB soon, if you can't wait then check the forums: #pid1142">Halocaw.net
Dec 11 2010, 8:18pm
It's update time already? Weird... Moddb.com
Nov 29 2010, 7:57pm
UPDATE INCOMING! Moddb.com
Nov 21 2010, 11:13am