This mod wants to keep the original FoC experience, just with improved graphics, while adding a few units to keep it interesting.
This means new models and textures for almost all units. It also ramps up the difficulty so that the game remains challenging even after you've learned how to play it. All changes will only apply to space, ground is uneffected, as I'm not a big fan of ground combat.
What I'd like to do in the mod is make the higher tier units more dangerous, so that when you see a Star Destroyer it will be a larger threat than in the vanilla game. I do this not by giving the ship higher shield points, or add more hardpoints, but by making some of the hardpoints untargetable. This will ensure the ship is a threat right up untill it blows up, thus making larger ships with more health more dangerous for a longer time. Higher tier ships will also cost more.
The mod will also add one additional tier of battleship above the normal Star Destroyer, Mon Calamari Cruiser and Keldabe Battleship, though seeing one of these will be a special occasion and plenty of reason for panic.
This is my little love project, besides my main mod, Old Republic at War ( Moddb.com ) Sometimes I get a little sick of all the Old Republic era stuff and want to do something closer to the original game, in a different time line.
Constructive critisism is appreciated and taken into consideration, and occasionally I'll make a poll about something to get different opinions on the subject, though the final decision remains mine. No unit requests.I reserve the right to write back an angry response or flat out ignore you.
This is my interpertation of an updated FoC, I like to think I have high quality standards and I always try to improve the mod in all ways, graphical, gameplay related or otherwise.
I hope you enjoy your stay here and that you're as excited for the mod as I am!
If you enjoy what I'm creating and want to support me in making my mods, a great way to do so is to send me a tip! Tips help to keep me modding when otherwise I would have to spend my time working "real" jobs leaving me unable to do the work I love, which is modding. Paypal.com
I've been busy lately.
First: The Annihilator-class Super Star Destroyer Purifier
Here seen as it is about to be hit by the planetary ion cannon. I cri erytim.
Will probably do something about it completely draining even the largest of ships, since losing your 50000 starships firepower to something that cheap is...well, cheap.
Not entirely ready to show off the ship, but I will in due time. Haven't found a worthy enough enemy fleet yet. Safe to say it fires an impressive barrage.
Second: Replaced that god-aweful corruption particle
Now on to the big and not-so-flashy content. The actual, substantial part of the news post.
1. Starbases have seen a substantial upgrade. Longer range, heavier weapons. All starbases now boast four times their previous shield points. They are now capable of fighting off much stronger attacks. This ties into the next change.
2. All ships have their shield and hull points doubled. This includes all hardpoints for starbases (starbases have four times shields instead of two times as mentioned before), starships, and hero units. I wanted to make ships last a little longer. After some testing I think it gives a better feeling to not have ships take heavy damage to fast. Your ships can now be under attack without you having to worry straight away. Shields now feel like they give you some actual protection, and hardpoint armor feels like weapons have to chew through the hull of a starship instead of papermache.
3. All weapons, with the notable exception of missile and torpedo weaponary, have their damage slashed in half. In addition to this, laser and turbolaser weaponary has been slowed down considerably. The damage reduction was done after I concluded that my starships do not provide me with a sufficient lightshow. But I cannot change the starships to fire more without also reducing their inflicted damage. Hence the damage reduction. I was content with the missiles and torpedoes firerate, so I left their firerate and damage as it was. I'm currently going through all starships hardpoints to roughly double the ion, laser, and turbolaser firerate.
4. TIE Fighters are back! The Empires starships that spawned TIE Interceptors now spawn TIE Fighters instead. Higher tier ships spawn a small number of interceptors as well.
5. The ISD, Allegiance, and Bellator have had an addition increase in hardpoint health, since they didn't feel like the fortresses of metal that I wanted them to symbolize. Cost has been slightly increased to compensate.
Because people still seem to have some difficulties getting the mod to work, I'll keep this installation section here below for visibility.
Quite a few people have reported crashes. To fix said crashes use the GoG version of EAW, which has been altered by GoG to work on every system, alongside the 4 GB patch.
4 GB patch: Youtube.com
This SHOULD fix any crashes people have.
Special thanks to user 0il for pointing this out. You should check his other videos since he has smooth battles with 100 pop cap. Very cool to look at imo.
I recently bought GoGs Empire at war Gold pack. ( Gog.com ) It works on all versions of windows, including 10, which is what I now run on my new machine. GoG ensures that every game it has on its platform runs on almost any system. With this you no longer need to install any 64 bit patch, or crack, to get it to work. Just install and play. Then, after applying this crash fix to both the EAW executable as well as the FoC executable ( Youtube.com ) I can run the game at 50 pop cap without crashes, this even holds up in 2v2 skirmish vs hard AIs. Here is a video of me doing that: Youtube.com
1. Get GoG version of EAW.
2. Install GoG version of EAW.
3. Apply crash fix.
4. Install mod.
5. Play mod ---> no crashes.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (8 agree) 9/10
I'm really quite fond of this mod- particular highlights are your inclusion of some of my favorite Imperial ships, as well as the fact that you seem to admire the work of Ansel Hsiao as much as I do. I love all the completely new ships as well as the revamped models of the existing ones (more to come?), I love the accurately-sized fighters, I love the description of the Nimbus (though question your judgement of such a beautiful fighter). I especially enjoy that you've resized and renamed some of…
Jul 13 2015 by ArmchairAkula