This mod catapults Empire at War into 2020. It maintains the game's design philosophy, while adding new units, better graphics, and deeper gameplay.
This is the mods discord server, where people talk about the mod, star wars related matters and other random stuff, everyone is welcome!: Discordapp.com
Support my livestream, where we do a lot of modelling, texturing, and also modding, over at: Patreon.com !
Very special thanks to all contributors who over the years have allowed me to include their great work in the mod:
- EmperorNiko the Hand of the Dutchman for all of his amazing help over the years (code, text, ai, models, so much more) not just with the Remake mod, but with Old Republic at War back in the day,
- Megabalta with the mindblowing particles, textures, and projectile collaborations
- Enpremi the Hypeforger with the new and exciting ways to bend this engine into shapes it wasn't meant to,
- His brother, Seregruth, for equally amazing Vong unit models and textures,
- Farseer and Warb_Null for being ever kind and willing to share content (models, textures, shaders),
- Arvis for all our great collaborations on models and textures,
- the Awakening of the Rebellion team, Steiner & Co who always offer great talk, ideas, and content such as planet textures,
- Wolf 2.0 for his great model and texture work on the Sabaoth destroyer,
- Maxim and ThatOneBullet for all the sound advice on script related matters and otherwise,
- Elratie and Doci, for being perpetually awesome, the modelling and texturing excellence duo, creating content that makes me feel happy inside when looking at it, for all the great models and textures and sharing them with the mod with rebel units such as the Assault frigate MK II and textures on almost all Imperial ships,
- Beta520 with his amazing Mandator II (Bellator) model and texture, and many more textures such as the - - Nova cruiser and Torpedo sphere,
- .Pox and Kad Venku, for being always open to questions and requests for help, and your layer z script making ships spawn at multipe heights,
- EvilBobTheBob for the extensive new ground maps and amazing #BobShading shaders,
- Gaukler for his shader work,
- Corey and the Thrawn's Revenge team for putting up with so much shit while staying willing to share model and texture work,
- Maxloef for his great models and textures (MC 80)
- EvilleJedi for allowing Empire at War mods to use his free release ships from the very start of our community,
- CloneTrooper for all his great ground unit models, textures and animations, ported from various other SW games,
- Dolynick for his wonderful corellian unit skins and Viscount texture.
- Bobbtmann for his ridiculously high quality Home One model and textures,
- Garrus for his atmosphere effect ideas,
- Thomas for his redos of old models and textures,
- FractalSponge for inspiring so many great models,
And all the great people who have played the mod over the years.
The mega units (Viscount, Subjugator, Executor, Eclipse) were beginning to feel a bit lackluster compared to how epic they were meant to feel, so I set out to improve them.
Several ideas were discussed and eventually someone came up with the idea of boss battle style stages. Initially I discarded the idea thinking that's not possible in EAW, but after some workarounds it turns out it's totally possible, and I've been working on them besides the usual development of the mod.
The phases work like this:
Your dreadnought, fresh out of the shipyard, starts with all systems online. You do battle with phase one of the unit and if it is destroyed, phase two starts, with new weapons, new abilities, new targetable hardpoints, and a different garrison. If you now win, you go back to the GC map and you're stuck with phase two of the ship. While for a couple of phases this isn't that big of a problem, in later phases your ship is so heavily damaged it will eventually no longer have any weapons left to fight with. On the GC map you can repair your dreadnought at high level shipyards, which resets it back to phase one.
While this is highly recommended, later stages come with increasingly more destructive weapons, abilities and garrisons, until the very end where you have no more ship left and you have to bring in a support fleet (Later phases have reduced pop value for the dreadnoughts) to save your husk of a dreadnought. If you don't, it dies for good. So while repairing back to phase one is the safest option, you may want to try and risk all for those juicy weapons in stages two and three for the Executor, or Palpatine's OP as shit abilities on the Eclipse stages three and four. Unlimited Power.
The phases are quite fun and add a bit more dynamic to the mega units, which were fairly set-and-forget before this. Additional changes to the dreadnoughts include less exciting features such as passive repair, and less pop value on later stages so you can bring in reinforcements to save your ship. Eventually the phases may be added to other objects such as the starforge, galaxy gun, and some battlecruisers like the mandator, but these things take time.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The EAW Remake 3.1.5 Patch Fixes CTD issue from 3.1, improves performance, adds new VO and a new 146 planet GC map, and tweaks starting units and AI.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (19 agree) 9/10
I'm really quite fond of this mod- particular highlights are your inclusion of some of my favorite Imperial ships, as well as the fact that you seem to admire the work of Ansel Hsiao as much as I do. I love all the completely new ships as well as the revamped models of the existing ones (more to come?), I love the accurately-sized fighters, I love the description of the Nimbus (though question your judgement of such a beautiful fighter). I especially enjoy that you've resized and renamed some of…
Jul 13 2015 by ArmchairAkula