Dark Interval is a restoration/revision mod that lets you play Half-Life 2 as it could have been: with custom maps, new voiced dialogue, new models and textures, all based on Valve's early concepts. The mod is released in episodes, the most recent being Dark Interval: Part I - an intro chapter to the bigger story.
Patch 1.1 brings numerous bug fixes, level improvemends, and is generally aimed to enhance player's experience with Dark Interval: Part I.
Once downloaded, use 7zip or Winrar to extract the archive 'patch_1_1' into your sourcemods folder (provided you have Dark Interval: Part I installed). When asked to overwrite files, press OK. Once all the files have been extracted, you're ready to go! You do not have to restart Steam for the patch to take effect.
Note that your old saved games will not be compatible with this update.
Also, you may have noticed that the main upload (Dark Interval: Part I) has been reuploaded with the patch. If this is your first time installing this mod, you can skip the rest of this article, and just go download that archive - it already has the patch in it.
- Lipsync added (huge thanks to ildarion for pointing us in the right direction)
- Critical crash scenarios eliminated (including crash when picking up a medkit, crash on physic prop breaking)
- Greatly reduced risk of key NPCs getting stuck in their script (please notify us if that still occurs to you)
- Odell is now invlunerable to player attacks
- City residents now properly respond to player interaction, and behave in a more natural way
- Manhack camera has been fixed, and no longer clips through walls inside simulation
- Radiostation level has been improved, to provide clearer player navigation
- Picked-up prop transparency improved, plastic crates no longer turn invisible
- Main menu music/new ambient tracks added (credits go to CW3D)
- On Terminal, fade-to-black cutaways have been replaced with continuous level design (i. e. actual passable tunnels, with no immersion breaking fade-aways)
- On Lab level, it is no longer possible to get stuck in the lift, or enter the shaft under it. Also, following the telepod malfunction, Barney & Kleiner are no longer speaking through the radio channel.
Overall, Patch 1.1 includes more than 65 changes/fixes. You can find full changelog here: Pastebin.com
Have a nice time. Please report any further issues to us!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
An extra quick hotfix for the English version. Fixes missing chapter title in the bonus chapter and missing dialogue captions in the Terminal.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (11 agree) 10/10
As of date, this is the most complete and well-done take on the old storyline. In addition, despite being the beginning of the game, there is plenty to offer in terms of gameplay. I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapters
Apr 22 2017 by TheZealot