Contra is a freeware modification for Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour real-time strategy game. It's a big project started in 2004. It adds many new units as well as numerous new upgrades, new general's powers and buildings. It also adds new sounds, maps, bug fixes, enhanced graphics, and other effects, as well as three new generals.
009 BETA 2 - ModDB
009 BETA - ModDB
008 FINAL - ModDB
008 BETA 2 - ModDB
008 BETA - ModDB
007 - ModDB Revora
006 - ModDB FileFront
005 - ModDB FileFront
004 - ModDB FileFront
003 - ModDB FileFront
002 - ModDB FileFront
Air Force general depends on speed and precision. He requires skillful
control and is heavy on micro management. While being a powerful general
the skill and experience required makes him difficult for many
beginners to play.
Laser is a versatile general strong in call situations. He is flexible and has
units to fill every combat role. As a result he has no weaknesses other
than being a specialist at nothing.
Advantage of this general is easy micro and very simple strategy. Almost the same
vs all enemies - build up around enemy until he dies. However, you
should not ignore other abilities.
The generic feature of this general is his mobility, which allows to move
an entire army very fast and create numerical superiority at desired
areas of the battlefield. His basic strategy is unstoppable maneuvering
along enemy base perimeter. If he finds a weak point in defense, he
moves there instantly and destroys the most significant targets.
Nuke General must rely on aggression to defend his base. He has no defenses
to hide behind while you wait for your nukes to load. The absence of
defense structures forces the player to be more active and aggressive.
Use your units to carry out counterattacks for defense and support your
main attack with super weapons.
Infantry is a volatile general given to decisive victories or defeats in the
early game. As expected, he relies on masses of infantry in the early
game, later reinforced by more infantry. In the late game he gains
powerful artillery strikes supported by the same infantry.
His strategy is easy to understand, but not as easy to implement:
build more tanks and attack. But everything has its details.
He has the same strategy as tank general, but another means for its
implementation and another battle tactics. His vehicles are not as
armoured as tank general's ones, so he has to use artillery and
different tactics and tricks, instead of forcing his way through.
Toxin General specializes in area attacks and damage over time. He is
especially effective vs mobbed units and hordes. If well played, you
will find all of your positions unapproachable for the fields of acid
He is a versatile and powerful general with demanding micro management needs.
Since almost all units are disposable, you must use them with care,
directing almost all kamikazes manually. The more assiduously you play -
the more complex it becomes for enemy to defend from your endless flows
of kamikazes. If you play properly, you can defeat any other general.
While at a glance his units are weak and poorly suited of combat, Stealth
General is a deceptively powerful general using infiltration and
surprise to his advantage. He has long range sniper units capable of
attacking with impunity against units lacking stealth detection. He is a
challenging general to play, but has a strong reward for the effort given.
Assault is a flexible general with flexible units. He requires low micro
management and is well suited for most players. While having
no spectacular abilities he also has no weaknesses.
This time, we made a special treat for all of you. Before showing renders with descriptions as usual, we put a bit more effort and made little trailer video about this update.
Holding onto something while watching video is highly recommended, due to much awesomeness which causes your ass falling on the ground!
Now, let's explain what we saw.
- first, there is a new cool thing for Laser general. His Power Plant structures got unique upgrade, Laser Fences which can be upgraded from rank1. Laser fences will protect Power Plants from sabotage, and capturing by killing any infantry which comes very close. It also provides additional health to structure. But upgrade is not cheap, and drains one power point.
- defense cores are special vehicle units for Super Weapon general, which can be produced from Command Center. From left to the right, Patriot, Ion and Grendel. As we saw in video, they can be deployed in their respective defense structures. Their cost is equal to defense structure and half of the Dozer price. In balance order, they are vulnerable, and especially in deploying phase which takes around 7 seconds. Defense cores are great at reducing micro, and capturing more zones on map. Carrying them by Chinook and deploying multiple at the same time, is much easier than building each structure with one Dozer.
- Atlas defense structure is already shown:
And now you saw it in game, with new weapon projectiles.
- Weather manipulation device, is actually replacement for Blackout Missile System. More or less, it acts the same, but more visual effect is given, and will be even more. It also deals a bit more damage.
- Thing which is not shown in video, is Gatling addon for Patria
In order to balance Infantry vs. Airforce matchup, minigun upgrade for minigunners is moved to rank 3, while Gatling upgrade affects Machinegun Patria both visually and with firepower.
And last but not least, is visual improvement on all USA structures, thanks to PredatorBG who took some time and effort to improve them for all of us
We would also like to thank Hecthor Doomhammer who gave great review of Contra mod.
That's it for this update, see you soon!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.