Homeworld fan. Trying to connect all three games in one. :)
1. Easy: you carry all weapons, no reload, no limit on carried ammo, ammo count shown, running all the time, health autorestored, medpacks;
2. Moderate: you carry all weapons, reload with leftovers going into general count, ammo is limited, ammo count shown, running all the time, health autorestored, medpacks;
3. Hard: you carry 3 weapons, reload with leftover in clip thrown away, ammo count shown, ammo is limited, running is limited, medpacks;
4. Impossibru: you carry 1 weapon plus additional (with heavy weapon only in hands), reload, ammo is limited, ammo count not shown, running is limited to weight, medpacks just stop bleeding;
*Originally posted for Quake Live, but there is one game called Reflex, Q3 CPMA inspired, so, mb, NING would fit them also? Especially, as they have stake - allowing to make jumps of it...
Yes, we have already Nail Gun, but it's so... special... that usually there is no use of it. Classical shotgun makes more sense. But Nail itself is a symbol of a Quake! So I suppose the return of Nine Inch Nail Gun into the game.
What I want to suppose is to change it (Q4 inspired).
1. NG should fire single nails, not a burst of them;
2. Speed of nail should be enough to avoidable at far distances, hardly but avoidable at middle distances. Something like speed of PG ball;
3. Firerate should be slower then PG but faster then RL. Well, maybe at 400 ms, or BFG speed;
4. Damage - more then PG, less then RL and RG. So, probably, about 30-40.
5. Pushback - well, it's the nails! It would be fun if dead bodies would hang on walls like in F.E.A.R., but probably not with this engine;
6. Reflections - like GL; one reflection from wall would be totally enough. Maybe, just on certain degree to the plane;
7. Spinning - NG is capable of shooting instantly, but while hold attack, it can spin up to shoot faster, but not so precize. For close combat only.
Well, in this reincarnation, it would be unique weapon, without repeating of other gun functions, also taking place instead of old NG, CG and HMG.
I've played L4D2 quite much recently, so I had this idea born.
is a mod for Doom3, where you cooperate in group of 4 players to play
original campaign. It's realy cool, as Doom 1-2 had this option by
default. Also, Deathmatch for pretty single-playered game like Doom3 is
too traditional to get quite much players (unlike initially multiplayerd
Quake LIve or other examples). So I think that it would be pretty good
if single player experience would take its part in multiplayer.
it could be done? Well, pretty easily - there is already mod for zombie
waves, there is mod for Coop, and there are a lot of mappers, creating
their beutiful stuff. So, if we combine it, we can get multiplayer
surivival campaign for Doom3. There's even no need to get some extra
rules (like my idea of "Real Doom3" posted previosly) or making
possibility of playing with special demons (L4D style) or zombie
evolution (Natural Selection/Tremulous/AvP2 style) to get initial game
feeling (of course, extra stuff is welcome).
And you will get
into quite classical today cooperation gameplay (Dow2: Last Stand, L4D,
Payday, Portal2 etc), which I find very cool, and that fits Doom3
survival feeling very much, IMHO. Like the Q3Defrag, but with frags )))
There was a massacre at the Odessa: nazi, with support of police, have attacked pro-russian (ukrainians that are russian oriented) camp and literally slaughtered more then 100 people.
The beginning of the provocation:
The massacre at the end:
More here, but not in english:
- I've left the planet because I got tired. At some moment I've understood that there is too much wrong happening around - things that seemed to fade at Kharak and disappear in our crusade. Difficulties have hardened our life, death have risen the price of it. This forge have burned down husks of our souls. Weak went away - there were those who did it by himself, and there were those who became our guardian angels of fire and steel. And of this... Paradise... Home... We made Hell.
All this struggle, policy of conquering instincts, howling carelessness not even for the lives of hiigarian taiidans, but for kushan themselves. And for what? So that our society to break apart, crushing itself in intestine corporative kiith wars?.. Luxury of the palaces are so unlike breath of desert and humble kellia of spaceship... Sometimes I think, that Sajuuk have simply given us one more temptation, this time it was temptation of mercy. And now Jakuul is smiling in favour, looking at us...
- That's why You have chosen to leave to the space again?
- Yes. Life is simpler here: cold breath of Qwaar-Jet is hold by the mercy of Koshiir-Ra, men, that are clear of uncertainty of tomorrow to come, and that's why they are not playing intrigues. They love life in every its moment, they care of their brothers and comrades, and for me it is very important. I can't find it on Hiigara... At home...
- Every society builds its own rule of behaviour. Would You return back to Assam, few months later You find naive the crew of your ship. I, as officer, exist in the society of Sobani, and many think of us as too straight, as one-gyrus soldiers. But we are not, we learn, we fight ourselves to be better, every day. The understanding, that your comrades are the only men, that you must trust now, and only this can save your and not only your life; and only sometimes only Sajuuk believes that you and your men will return alive...
I know what You are talking about, Somtaaw-sa, and I feel what You're talking about. Souls are purified in sufferings, but what suffering have kiith-sid?.. Luckily, kiith Soban protects all the kushans, not the separate kiith doings - we are neutral. Unluckily, we still train mercenaries...
- Yes, and kiith Somtaaw use this privilege with pleasure.
- Forgive me Somtaaw-sa. I said something stupid.
- ...What we would do without Sjetti techologies, if medieval rules of hiding knowledge would still be in charge? Would Nabaali win in Heretical Wars if they didn't share techologies with allies?.. But You are right, we have spent too much memories for unpleasant societies, and they are pulling us back, leaving dirty traces in the shining of our minds. We must change the place. Would you like to see the ship?
- It will be an honor for me to be under you command for this time...
A little list of games I find great and interesting. To be enlarged. List does not show priority. Only games I've played and having some remarkable memories, and I'd find it still enjoyable to replay. Very IMHO.
Games can be bought at Steam, GoG.com or Desura. At least, some of them.
P.S.: Moddb text editor still suxx. Even in HTML mode. Can't it be wikia alike?..
Question for the "professional" multiplayer HW2 gamers:
Have you noticed any issues in HW2 balance, like prevail of Vaygr or Hiigara in certain situations?
Some very unused ships?
Only few strategy and tactics usage, leading to win in any cases?
For example, there is an issue found: vaygr gather less resources at about 30%, only because of slower animation. Personally for me, after playing few games, I'd input such game options:
* no ping;
* no battlecruiser;
No research - no easy life for hiigarians. )
Also there's a big question where to get new maps )))
Urban Terror (CS alike):
Xonotic (UT alike):
Cube (Serious Sam alike):
Tremulous (AvP alike):
AssaultCube (CS alike):
Alien Arena (Q2 alike):
Warsow (Q3 DeFrag alike):
OpenArena (Q3 alike):
Red Eclipse (Q3/UT alike):
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (BF1942 alike):
The Dark Mod (Thief alike - single player):
I was thinking of the Taiidani Project: well, because of the time absence can't get even to get existing ships from BloodFleet's mods to make some kind of "beta" version, but still I have this idea in my mind. Something like one of the things to do before I die )))
Main idea was to get some part of HW into HW2, balanced, looking natural and competitive to existing races. As the kushans had become hiigarians, and, actually, HW1 main races were actually the same, and we need some big fleet, then Taiidans were the only guys to choose.
Then they needed some feature, which was their research/building: Hiigarians build modules to get ships, Vaygr build modules and research to build ships, Taiidans will be researching only. Sounds okey.
Few days ago someone on FB had made beast-infected Kuun-Lan, then there was unannounced HW:Cataclysm HD (I still hope that it will happen, especially, as I believe, there were no big changes to original HW1 engine), then my colleague wanted to play some HW game... In short, I've remembered Cataclysm and it's multiplayer: actually, it was most original among 3 HW games, there even was a site with tactics described... So, I thought of Beast realisation, as different from others race - like Orkz or Eldar after SM/CSM races in W40K Dawn of War.
So, Beast was something like neuron net, it was using crew brains to operate ships and simulate a kind of reasonable behavior. But it's not able to create, make inventions etc. It can only use existing information. And salvage. So, actually Beast is like a pirate, similar to Turans. Or Kadeshi. Or _is_ Turan and Kadeshi if they are salvaged.
If we check HWC, Beast fleet consists of the ships taken from different races. So, actually, Beast should capture all these ones, to use them. But the beginning of the game, Beast should have some fleet, pirate one to begin with, to get their salvages. So, we need some unused one. And this would be Somtaaw one. This way we would "kill" two ducks with one shot: we will have Beast functionality and Somtaaw fleet. Somtaaw are good ones, but they don't have enough power to fight again H/V/T fleets, also they are part of Hiigara. So I believe, joining Somtaaw with Beast will be perfect solution.
Salvagers are big part of the Beast fleet )
Research is very straight: you build factory (analogue), get access to researches of ships (each research makes one ship) in price of it's original - in HWC you had to retire ship to get to production of it. When you salvage ship, you get research of it. When you capture carrier, you get access to the fighter/corvettes researches. Probably, nothing more the frigate can't be researched.
There is description on Beast ships that they are tougher but slower. I think, at first ships will be usual ones, but Beast will have upgrade on whole ship section that would increase class health and restoration rate, but decrease it speed (like Beast mass is feeding of energy from reactor). So user will have to think if he wants speed or toughness )
No beast signs (meat) will be onboard, so that we could use original models of the game w/o unnessecerely increasing mod's size.
P.S.: If cruise missile cannot be done in normal way, it could be made smaller and used as probe.
Or! There is model of bot, that was used for taiidani start mission in HW1, and as was decided that this is kushani guys who suffered, then this bot was used in Cataclysm opening scene. Probably, it could be used as probe, as well. Maybe, other type or something.
Or not. Beast is kinda human_brain_centric, so all these autobots are kinda out of date )
I believe that there hundred and thousands of kiith on Kharak, in type of mafia family or corporation - somebody gets uprised, somebody consumed. Like Liir, being part of Hraal in HW, become independent and in HW:C made Hraal part of itself. Or Nabaal that wished to consume Somtaaw.
But according to HW manuals there were biggest:
2. Siiddim (or Siid, or Siddim),
5. Nabaal (or Naabal, or Naabel)
6.Sjet (Super Jet),
11.Liir (LiirHra later),
14.Riif (there were admiral Riif-sa, that means, he's the head of Riif kiith)
If we count Kadesh as a kinda lost kiith (as it was formed outside Kharak), then, it's 15.
Also there were 4 more surnames (unknown of it beeing Kiith): Doine, Sagald, Jaraci and Magann.