Homeworld fan. Trying to connect all three games in one. :)
Telling of "this is alternate history" doesn't solve anything, as there should be starting point of it, and there must reason for alternate events.
Eastern part of map could've been result of Russia's being weak enough to divide. And this has happened in the Time of Troubles of 1612, in the Revolution of 1917, and in USSR falldown of 1991.
* If this have happened in 1612, then there were no Russia, as Poland was at the peak of it's strength that time. So, there would be the dream of modern polish nationalists - Great Polska from Gdansk to Tobolsk. There might be some more events in 400 years of this, maybe,Poland instead of Russia would have become the "horror" of all Europe (and Revolution of 1917 would have happened in Warsaw), maybe, not all the russian culture would be consumed, as Poland would be opened to european invasion (unlike Russia which is kinda protected by Poland)... Anyway, there would be completely different Russia, completely different Poland and as a result - different map. For example, most probably, northern part of Russia would become part of Scandinavian Empire (Dutch, Norway, Finland, Sweden and northern part of Livonia).
* If this would have in 1917... Well, civil war happening in Russia would have made a lot of thing shown here possible. There were finnish-russian war in 1920, as Finland were claiming Karelia is theirs, Poland has run over Belorus, Lithuania and Ukraine - also it have taken part of Czech just before WW2 while Munich pact of 1938. Also Soviet army had problems in Caucasus, where it had to use strength to calm down and disarm local radicals. So, if Red Army and White Army would weaken themselves, that noone would win, so they could not resist finnish invasion, caucasian rebellions and polish invasion, then it would lead to this situation, and even worth - Russia would have become smaller, and, probably, there were several "russian" republics - socialistic, capitalistic, monarchic etc. Also, in the end of Civil War (1921) Czech voluntary forces with stolen gold of admiral Kolchak, strong enough so that Soviet government had just let them go home, were returning home, so Poland would have quite much problems with them. Also, european countries, including USA, weren't happy about Polish enlargement - if it would have gone too far, there would be no supply for Polish army anymore. Also, particulary, Latvia would be smaller, if Poland would claim for Latgalia, or larger, if Poland would stop on the borders, and Russia would have no forces to resist latvian invasion (which resulted in occupying important railway center of Pytalovo, and which is now claimed back latvian nationalists).If this situation is gone to modern days, that means that there were no WW2, thus, Prussia still exists, and it is not Kaliningrad, but Konigsberg. Also, without bombing Japan with nuclear weapon what look would our world have?Also, talking of nationalistic movement - in the beginning of 20th century nationalistic movement was largely supported by interested countries: this way was broken Austrian-Hungary Empire and Russian Empire. Also Ottoman Empire has turned into Turkey...Also, if there were no WW2, then USA wouldn't have so much as it has now: no european gold to store, no dollar as a world currency, no exit of Great Depression with selling USA products for WW2 purposes, and post-war recreation, no carriers patrouling whole world, no Japan to train with nuclear bombs, no Vietnam, no Lybia, no Syria etc... No USA as we know it.
* If this would have happened in 1991... Well, I believe, that Russia, ruled by foreign advisors, had given everything she had. There were separatist movement in 1998, when there were money printed for Ural republic, also, Chechen war, supported by some countries, with arabian fighters teaching locals what's shariat, but that would mean russian division - well, 1917 scenario. Probably, Karelia, as finland claimed, would be parted also... But no big Russia anymore. But no big Poland either. Belorus and Ukraine are equal to Poland to be under its flag. Also strange that Romania has joined this Federation, as they very different from slavians. Then why Hungary didn't joined it also?..Also, strange that Cyprus is not divided into two parts: Greek and Turkey parts. Also, strange that there are no Abkhazia and South Osetia on a map. If we follow this logic, then it's strange that Kosovo isn't the part of Serbia...
So, main idea of this text is: when you're thinking of alternate history, you can't just paint the map as you like. For every event must be a reason, and reaction to it, like in physics laws.
While there cries on non-european country "regimes", EU prefers not to see obvious things under it's nose. And it's not about only Latvia, it's also about Estonia.
Latvia has one of the most unfair and divided societies in the European Union. As a result of unfair Latvian nationality laws, a total of 300,000 ethnic minority “non-citizens” are denied many of the basic rights enjoyed by citizens of other European Union member states.
“Non-citizens” cannot form political parties, run for political office or vote in national, local and European elections, and rights to free movement, employment and ownership of land are limited. Their right to use their own language in private and public, in education, business and the mass media is curtailed by law. More than 33 categories of employment are barred to non-citizens - including many public offices, the military and the police force.
The Non-Citizens’ Congress ask you to sign this petition in order to call on the Latvian Government to introduce an overhaul of citizenship laws to allow presently ‘stateless’ citizens to receive their full rights to participate in the democratic process like all citizens of European Union countries.
Ideological war continues.
European gamer asked to restrict historically authentical signs on tanks "For Stalin", "Stalin's one" (Za Stalina, Stalinets) etc.
Well, it reminds me of postsoviet thought being pushed in head of people, that WW2 was won by people despite the Stalin. Like he wasn't Generalissimus of Red Army, but simply grabbed people and pushed them to death, personally. For me it sounds like "bees against the honey". You can win few battles, but you would do nothing without logistics, without economics, without strategic planning.
There were time when all the borders fell down, and new information came in from the west - and many started to think of WW2 in manner of "Company of Heroes 2" has shown. But now this wave has fallen down, and russians do look more clearly at their own history, then anyone else. There are many debates, because it was really complicated time, with a lot of lies and propaganda. There are nazi lies, which cold war ideologists has taken in an account to make USSR look evil, there were Khrustchov's lies about his ex-boss...
Now looking back, I'd say that Stalin really was great: he was son of his time, and he did best of what he could. He got his full power only in 1939, when the ring of antagonist countries were pressing USSR already: Japan from the east, anti-soviet border with nationalist dictators (Finland-Estonia-Latvia-Lithuania-Poland), and 3rd Reich rising. After Hitler grabbed czech republic and poland with untold permission of western countries (in both cases USSR has sent proposals of military union against possible threats but they refused), it was clear that war is imminent. Non-agression contract (which is called "Molotov-Ribbentrop pact", but the fact is that Gemany had these "pacts" with a lot countries, including Poland and Latvia, and it was Germany which asked if USSR signs it in a time when all the plans of poland attack were already confirmed) has prolonged peace for USSR a little bit giving time to prepare for war, but still in the end, in the Stalingrad 2 mln non-german european collaborationists were fighting with Red Army. USSR was asking for the 2nd front since the beginning of the war, but it was opened only in 1944, when it appeared that Red Army is ready kick nazi asses by themselves, and Europe is going to be too Red for the british-american bankers in the end.
So, it was a harsh time, Stalin was good leader of postrevolution country, like a good doctor of a very bad looking patient. No one wants to be in the patient's place, but being him they want a good doctor be near.
Even America praised Roosevelt during Great Depression caused by bankers. Kurt Wonnegut (by the way liberated by Red Army from concentration camp) said that after G. Depression he doesn't find word "socialist" ridiculous. I bet, many old people during american crysis when they lost all their pensions, thought the same.
Philip K. Dick were telling of CIA witch hunt in 80's. And after Snowden, Menning, Wikileaks you still think that you're not brainwashed? In Soviet America...
P.S.: By the way, FYI Stalingrad was named so, because in 1918 Stalin has defended Tzaritsin city.
P.P.S.: Signs were return to the places where they belonged.
There was once good studio named Relic Entertainment, that made game I felt in love with. That was Homeworld.
Then there was "Sigma" project, Dawn of War 1, 2, Space Marine... (I haven't played CoH1) And these were good game also. Yeah, and Homeworld 2, of course.
But now they have released "Company of Heroes 2". And it appeared to be great historical falsification. I don't know why they made it, but it happened. Maybe, too much Cold War anti-soviet propaganda. Maybe, too much of Warhammer40K. Maybe, simply laziness.
Anyway, just watch it, and see why russians rant on Company of Heroes 2:
And don't buy this piece of lying shit.
In a way of Linus Torvalds quote: - Relic, fuck you.
Not yours anymore,
P.S.: Seriously, I'm glad that Homeworld now is in Gearbox property.
P.P.S: And vote here:
P.P.P.S.: Yeah, official distributor of CoH2 in Russia, 1C, has stopped selling game till unknown time. Probably, till SEGA makes Relic realize that they were wrong, and start doing something about it.
#Latvia #Riga #2015 #NoPrideAtAll
ES tolerance is going off the limits, starting to oppress usual people.Like Tolstoy had written in "Anna Karenina" - "Every happy family is happy one way, every unhappy family is unhappy in their own way", the same is about sexual life: men and women creating family - is normal; everything else - like pedophilia, zoophilia, homosexuality is not normal. We can accept that these people exist, that their sexual appetite is different, but in every other way they are "Good As You". But they must leave their sexual preference to themselves, not to go public. What if some heterosexual will go out and say "I like anal sex!" - SO FUCKING WHAT?! The same goes to these activists: don't fuck society with you're being different. Everyone is different in his/her own way. But some differences should not be taught as normal.
Read it here:
Found some old post
If you get into HW1 datas, you will find out that there are big problems with them: authors didn't catch all their glitches. HWC&HW2, IMHO, just tried to make it systematic. In HW3 we will see how successful )
One of the greatest story holes of HW1 is 3rd mission movie scene, where storyteller tells of 4k years agreement, which was violated by exiles. At the same time there were 3k years old Guidestone...
- Answer, bitch, why did you destroyed our planet!
- What agreement?!!
- Many thousand year ago signed!
- How much?!!
- Three.. Four... I don't remember!..
- So is it three or four?!!
- Four, four, please don't... !
Object did not survive interrogation
Yeah, and the greatest question - if hyperspace tech was forbidden, then how it came out that exiles made the path of 2500 light years on conventional drives in less then (3000 - 1215+) years?
The answer is - creators didn't think of it. They were creating fairytale of evil tyrants and good exiles, based on jew history.
So, I'm pointing that it's kinda strange for some to search for some structured canon in HW1 if there were no real universe, just very touching story of people which like phoenix has died and reborn again. But universe has started from HWC & HW2 (btw, HW2 events starts exactly 100 years after HWC events, which is quite remarkable).
HW1, Mission 11, "
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." (c)
It's very symbolical that this mission is named of the quote of "Bladerunner". Especially of the scenes happening there: Bentusi get killed.
And more symbolical is about person who speaks original phrase - it's an android, artificial human. And this is very interesting and fitting the line of Cataclysm, where we have found that the Bentusi is Unbound by the meaning of being one with their ship, and the line of HW2 where we have found that Bentusi are something like watchers of the Galactic races to prepare them for the treasures or damnation or both of Progenitors...
About that Kickstarter campaign of Homeworld Touch and HW3...
Well, I’ve got an impression that these guys want to byte a piece too big for them. Seriously, these guys came of nowhere telling that they’re fanboys willing to make HW3.
First, what are the chances they get the IP? Of course, Homeworld is not casual game, but it’s game known in the game industry.
Second, what is this team? Who are they? Do they have any projects else to show to compare with A-class game like HW? Only thing public seen is this HW Touch which itself is quite discussable thing - no video of gameplay with this thing, nothing.
Third, if they have no experience of creating such hilarious projects as Homeworld - with wonderful plot, brilliant direction, charming music, perfect ship design and involving gaming, then how are they going to make succesful ancestor to HW-HWC-HW2?
Forth, according to the paper, they have plans of Napoleon: side missions, playing with derelicts and starbases, colonizing planets... As I remember of HW/HWC/HW2 history, they all had problems with time and tech - HW had to have upgrades and few more missions; HWC had to have completely different enemy and be compatible with HW1; HW2 had to have much more things in plot and environment. And these guys are promising to bring everything fan-community wants. How long are they going to make this game? Another 10 years? With what budget?
Fifth, I really doubt that this team is capable of bringing in true the homeworld spirit. Homeworld is about single story - with large background - with little things that makes missions somewhat unlinear (like bentusi giving you tech according to what have you research so far, like beast carrier showing up or not depending of have you destroyed it or in previous mission, like your fleet saved in this mission is best present in next one). It’s not about side missions and Master of Orion - we already have Endless Space for this. Even more it’s not about colonizing planets - Haegemonia is in different direction. It’s not about resource gathering - it’s about battle, strategy, tactics, interesting story and everything else mentioned in p.3And little things about backer status - how the fuck were chosen these kiithids? Let me speak of HW geek - in what way the were divided? Well, these little things make me think that HW3 of their hands would be much more discussable then HW2.
Well, despite all that had been said here, I’d rather donate them, if they have set reasonable goals. Believable ones. Like “creating HW Touch and HW:Remastered”, but not HW3. Actually, it would be really nice to get good old Homeworld with improved interface, little bit cleaned up code, little bit better textures and models, with deep integration with Steam, GoG & Desura. Even if it would be at Unity engine, not old one.For this I’d definetely paid money.
And also I’d paid money just for clone of HW, like O.R.B., from these guys. That would have approved that they know what they are doing, not just big tasty promises. But now better candidate for my money is one guy who is already experimenting with HW.exe to make it work with win7 at modern resolutions.
Or completely different proposal: let’s make community HW? Let’s gather programmers to make some wizardy with some open-source engine like the same Unity, to create basic game logic to make it possible of playing multiplayer and skirmish, models and race we have enough (see HWU) and those who want to make single player - let them make it on their own (like HW@). What do you think of it? ))
There is a new wonderful game "Endless space" - the ancestor to "Master of Orion", "Imperium Galactica" etc.
It would be interesting to implement "Homeworld" races into this game. Of course, no 3D battles available, but still it's good chance to feel yourself as vaygr conqueror "Sajuuk-Khar" Makaan, taiidani emperor "Mad Clone" Riestiu, kushani hyperleader "Unbound" Karan Sjet or starving Beast.I don't know yet nothing of "Endless Space" modding, but I'd like to collect some ideas here.
First target will be to have races with HW ship models, but in other meanings being alike custom created races.It also would interesting if there were something like prescripted map of galaxy, with races put on their own places, different type of pirates in different parts of galaxy, traders. Also, as hyperspacing is huge part of HW, it would interesting to remake way of ship moving, with hyperspace inhibitors built for affecting hyperspace jump, not allowing to jump except through the armed outposts... But this, probably would too much to ask ))So, overall there are 10+ known races of Homeworld Universe plus various factions.
As ModDB bloggin suxx, read more here - Amddred.deviantart.com
It's great that such great game as Heroes is getting rennovated.
Of course, the case is not only about gameplay mechanics - HeroesV are modern enough and have very comparable gameplay to HeroesIII. It's also about nostalgy - that's why guys still playing old games, making patches and even remakes. The same I'm looking forward to see VCMI rise and shining.
And not only waste possibilities of gameplay bring a lot of game popularity, not only some special spirit and design, but also large modding possibilities, allowing to enchance original game this or that way:
sometimes it's adding new objects, sometimes it's changing game rules directly.
I've tried to read all the threads here at forum: to get the new ideas and to get reasonable arguments if there are any against them. So, here I'll try to get all my thoughts together and write down thing that good to be implemented in VCMI and why.
Warning: I'm not a big programmer, so everything read further is a product of my imagination, some modding experience of Homeworld2 and some other stuff and theoretical discussion of spherical horse in vacuum. You're the guys who made to 0.9, so you decide.
Read more here: Amddred.deviantart.com
P.S.: ModDB blogging really suxx.