The official English translation for the first two installments in the v2.x series. Patches FX v2.0 & v2.1 to the English version. Installation instructions...
- Added a new profile header (official banner for the FX 2.x series, now officially known as "FX Commander II: Empire Rise".) The full version is accessible @Images.
- The Chinese FX community is currently participating in a beta test for a new expansion for FX 2.1. This DLC unlocks a new, third gameplay mode ("Survival Mode").
Only the Turanic Raiders and Taiidan are playable in it for the moment.
This file is in the beta version and is in Chinese, and thus will not be officially uploaded here. However, if you guys want to try it out write so in the comments below -- if there is enough interest I'll look into uploading it.
FX: Commander, commonly abbreviated as 'FX', is a modification project for Sierra's Homeworld 2 developed by 9CCN, a group of Chinese modders renowned for their work on the outstanding Gundam SEED modification.
The goal of the FX mod is to bring Homeworld2 to a brand new level. So far this has been done by including the races from Homeworld1 along with new units, abilities, textures, maps, fx, player modes, icons, blueprints etc. Even with the current amount of changes that have been included so far there are still many, many more things that are yet to come and/or improved. Some of the upcoming content cannot be found in any of the other current mods.
The current playable races are the Hiigaran, Vaygr, Taiidan, Kadeshi, Progenitors and Turanic Raiders, each with their own advantages, technology tree and units. The Bentusi are currently being developed and are said to be 'three races in one'. Can you utilize the power of your race the best?
Even with the amount of awesome changes that have been made so far the creators say the entire FX concept is only halfway done. Many people have already marked this mod as their favourite Homeworld2 modification after the release of v1.72, and it will only get better. The mod is ranked within the top 100 mods on ModDB with over 300k visits and more than 45k downloads. Come and try out the mod that many have dubbed as "Homeworld 3" already.
Latest Version: FX v2.1 (CN)
Released on: June, 2nd 2014.
Patch Notes: In the download file.
- Custom Opening Cinematic.
- Custom Main Menu.
- 6 playable races! Play as the Hiigaran or Vaygr with new units and weaponry, reclaim past glory as the Progenitors, or bring back one of the many 'classics' from Homeworld 1 such as the Kadeshi, Taiidan, Turanic Raiders; each fully playable with their own models, effects, technology trees, playing styles etc.
- New U.I. (User Interface) for all races.
- New units for all races
- New sound fx
- New effects
- New unit abilities
- New maps
- HW2 In-Game Music Player: The mod will randomly select tracks from the Homeworld 1 & Homeworld 2 OST and play those during your game. Higher chance for Battle tracks when enemy units near. Let yourself be surprised or adjust it to your liking with a few clicks.
- Coating Feature: Customize your badges and color-schemes while in-game with a single click.
- LAN and Multiplayer supported (v1.1 patch required).
- RPG Mode: A unique single-player campaign unlike anything you have ever seen before.
- New playable race: Bentusi
- New / retextured ship models for all races.
- New icons (EMP, Defence field etc.) instead of the regular ones.
- For feedback, technical issues, bug reports, meeting people to play online with or just showing your appreciation for the mod -- feel free to use the "Forum" tab.
A few days ago, liuruoyang1995 became the latest addition to 9CCN, the team behind the FX mod. As a new member to the communications department, his presence will allow us to further close the gap between the English and Chinese communities of the FX mod. To commemorate, we decided to organize a Q&A Session with none other than the team themselves.
Write any questions that you have about the FX mod(s) and would like to have answered by the team in the comments to this entry below. liuruoyang1995 will then forward them to the team, and once we have the answers we'll put them up for all to see.
[ ! ] Please bear in mind that the team selects both the amount and which question(s) they want to answer.
Q: Is there any news on the English translation?
Q: Are there any plans to resume development on FX: Empires?
Q: How are the new releases of the Homeworld games affecting your plans, if at all?
Q: What is the command structure of the mod team?
Q: How does one apply to be a part of the team?
Q: What is your ultimate goal? And what are members of the team currently working on?
We are currently working on FX v2.2 \ v2.3. The Hiigarans and Vaygr will return soon.
As for ships, there are no plans for any new vessels on the short term. On the long run we have plans for a Taiidan battleship and a Kadeshi capital ship called the "Beetle". Also planned are the RPG mode for FX and another Gundam SEED mod.
Q: RPG Mode?
More in the next entry.