Bugfix for v2.0. Adds the re-textured TAI Missile Destroyer & KPR "Demolisher" Frigate. Installation instructions below.
Second instalment in the 2.x series. This version addresses some of the bugs found in v2.0 and comes with some other changes.
- Resource Collectors can now dock properly with the Taiidan Research Station.
- The Turanic Raider Attack Carrier can now build Ion Array Frigates.
- The Kadeshi Nebula Guard (Destroyer) now properly deploys drones.
- Solved an issue which caused players to receive an out-of-sync error when playing with CPUs in Multiplayer.
- Added the re-textured Taiidan Missile Destroye.
- The Kadeshi Nebula Guard (Destroyer) received some new firing effects.
- Progenitors: Demolisher (Frigate). This anti-capital ship unit trades in durability for stronger firepower.
*Note: The installation is in Chinese.
- Download the file and run .exe found inside.
- Just keep on clicking the "next" (->) button, paying attention at the following:
- In the second window (this is where you will install FX to), select your \Homeworld2 folder (\Sierra\Homeworld2). This location may be selected by default.
- In the fourth window (this is the name of the FX shortcut & its settings), you may see 'FX 1.88' or similar in the text area by default. CHANGE this to:
Sierra\Homeworld2\FX MOD 2.1
(in a similar fashion as in the screenshot below)
- After the overview window, select 'next'.
- A driverconfig.lua error may pop during the installation. Just hit 'retry' if it does and the installation will continue.
Using Custom Parameters (Optional)
- Locate the FX MOD 2.1 shortcut in your Sierra\Homeworld2 directory.
- Drag/drop or copy/paste it to your desktop, if desired.
- Right-click > Properties
- Add any desired parameters (e.g. custom screen resolution, refresh rate) in the TARGET field. You can find the supported parameters for HW2 here: Hw2wiki.net
- Hit "apply" when done.
Example (TARGET field):
E:\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe -mod FX2.1.big -locale FXMODLANG -w 1920 -h 1080 -refresh <75>
This commandline runs FX 2.1 on a 1920x1080 screen resolution and sets an in-game refresh rate of 75 Hz.