Let's make Sony take half their Lemons back! The other half... make lemonade.
Look up "Unreal 227i"
I am not really a fan of the hands they used on the Pulse gun, in all honesty. Do you think you could replace them with the hands used on some of the other weapons, as a low-priority task?
I applaud you, sir.
Is there any way that this could be ported to Unreal 227? Meaning, is this all done in uScript, or did you need to negotiate with Epic to even get started on this?
I think he means idTech-style lightmaps or something along those lines.
Do you think you guys could implement the Stinger's behavior from the 0.83 Prototype?
Also, when do you guys predict you'll have a playable demo out?
Late to the party and all, but you could recode it so that the knockback is based on the weapon's damage in the event it doesn't already have a knockback value set for it.
Speaking of which, in the version I download from OldUnreal, DM-BCE_Bounce causes crashes whenever I step on a Jump Pad. You should probably send Smirftsch the updated version.
Nevermind. It turns out I was spawning the completely wrong Quad-Shot in the console.
You should patch your Quad-Shot to include a mutator to replace the one built-in to the game, as well as its ammo pickups.
OldSkool is the buggiest thing on the planet, I can't use that.
Thanks for the response though. Also, have you seen the UT99 DX10 renderer yet? It is amazing, but I am not entirely sure it'd be compatible with this. It seems to go really well with Nali Weapons 3 though.
Before I download the mod, I'd like to ask a few questions:
- Will this mod keep overwriting my UT99 config files like Thievery Gold and Unreal Fortress do, despite the two having their own?
- Do W and S cause to to Jump and Crouch, or do they allow you to strafe from side-to-side? The latter would probably break a few levels, but might be necessary for dodging some enemies. And as long as it doesn't modify my movement keys, I'll be fine.
- Have you heard of the map 2D-Deck16? It is a custom map for Unreal (a 2D recreation of Deck16), but it requires its own custom gamemode (which it comes with) that is 2D similar to this. However, there is no aiming system implemented (the mouse makes you run), you can't swim, and it is not compatible with Unreal Tournament.
Thanks in advance.
Is this compatible with the 227 patch for gold?
Okay, another question: Could you add a version that works for Unreal Tournament? I am making a mod that runs on Unreal Tournament's engine, and it uses the original Unreal's weapons. I tried using this for my mod, but it didn't work.
The Bio Rifle and the Eightball refused to fire and couldn't pick up ammo (even with the Allammo command)
Also, the Eightball kept immediately putting itself away whenever I pulled it out.
In the event anybody wants to make modified versions of the classic Unreal weapons that are compatible with the NW3 modifiers (and UT99 ammo pickups) and that are nowhere near as buggy as the OldSkool stuff, here is an addon for Unreal that I think you should look at:
Also, some requests I would like to make for anyone who wants to undertake this task:
- Make it so that picking up a second Dispersion Pistol counts as picking up an Upgrade
- Make it so that you can dual-wield Automags
- Change the Biorifle's functionality to that of the UT99 version
- When enabled, they should by default replace the old Unreal weapons (from the original game, not from OldSkool if possible)
- Include an option to make them replace the UT99 weapons (if you also have NW3, they'll function as additional NW3 weapons)
- Increase their damage output to match the UT99 and NW3 weapons
I would do this myself, but I have no modding experience.
olweapons.olsmmag (not sure what that one is)
EDIT: Okay, so there are two mutators, one for Post-227 and one for Pre-227. I guess that answ3ers my question.
Would either be compatible with this though?
You should probably have used Stargate music for this.
"O'Neill, what the hell are you doing?!"
"IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSTROKE?!"
If this is still going, you should add an Aschen level. I am tired of watching (and reading about) SG-1 kicking their ***** when I am the one who should be kicking their *****.
Wait, this /only/ works with 227? I can't use it on other Unreal Engine 1 games?
Who said you needed a high-polygon model?
A very literal take on an Arms Race :D
Is it bad if I can actually feel sparks hitting my face when you fly the camera into them?
I also would like to see a return of Dark Match, and maybe a set of weapon skins that serve as a compormise between the UT99 and Unreal Gold weapons. For example, I love the ASMD from Unreal Gold, but I like the projectiles launched from UT99's shock rifle (as well as the glowing bits on it.)
I also think that it is a downer how they got rid of the Toxin Suits on the maps that did make it into UT99.
...and besides, a multiplayer option that gave you a Dispersion Pistol even wtih Unreal Gold weapons disabled wouldn't hurt. If anything, it would only enhance the experience with the whole "Moar Guns!" approach.
When you have the opportunity, could you work on combining Unreal Gold and Unreal Tournament? I'm trying to do the same thing myself, but it is not going so well.
I want to be able to play the Unreal Gold campaigns with UT99 weapons while still having it singleplayer and still having my Dispersion Pistol, I want to be able to play UT99 maps with Unreal Gold weapons (as a mutator), and more importantly I want to be able to play the multiplayer maps from Unreal Gold that didn't make it into UT99 (fortunately, I already got that mostly taken care of.)
Most of all though, it would just be so awesome (and so practical) to have the two as one game.
Is this mod still alive?
I placed that comment last year, I doubt I would actually remember my idea unfortunately.
Update: Not only that, but the mod won't even launch because it can't even detect hl.exe
Thanks a lot, Valve. *sarcasm*
Is there a way I could reinstall it in my Opposing Force directory?