If you feel like promoting your favourite indie game while playing your favourite Source game. To use it: unzip the file, start your Source game, press...
Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- AI characters can be set to follow other characters
- AI investigates dead bodies
- New wolf variant with tintable colors
- Changed scale of different characters (rats are small, dogs are big)
- Player can attack unconscious characters
- Hotspots have update function, testing particle emitter volumes
- AI makes a sound when alerted or hostile
- AI transitions more slowly to 'investigate' state
- AI takes longer to notice visible enemies
- Characters keep track of what items they know about
- Automatically swap weapons to dominant hand
- More natural combat crouch stance movement
- Combat AI targets closest enemy
- AI does not roll to standing between arena rounds
- Reasonable maximum arena difficulty (no more black blobs)
- Non-rabbits cannot jump very high
- AI only runs for help from allies that they know about
- Fixed blood streaks stretching too far
- Fixed performance bottleneck when there are many weapons
- Updated vertex weights for all characters
- New weapon animations for attacking low
- More robust ledge grab/detection system
- Characters drop large weapons when grabbing edges
- More controlled AI sound detection
- Fixed "#version 130" shader compatibility issue
- Prompt if user wants to save changes to levels on quit
- Fixed "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod" shader compatibility issue
- testing dithered cascade shadow filtering
- fixed partial rendering of graphics setting screen
- fixed problems with blood decal lighting and tinting
- better control of AI character rotation
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.
Latest tweets from @wolfire
Working on arena AI to better handle strange edge cases; like if you hide behind a pillar while your ally is killed by the other team.
3hours 36mins ago
Fixing all the existing challenge levels and arena scenes to make sure they work the new AI and ragdoll attacking.
5hours 53mins ago
@ARuiz44 Probably a couple weeks until the next alpha video.
Aug 25 2014, 10:54pm
@CGagunga I have considered it, but I don't think we could afford to expand enough to speed things up.
Aug 25 2014, 10:53pm
@CGagunga The weekly alpha schedule was interfering with features, so even though we reduced updates, I think we are getting more done.
Aug 25 2014, 4:49pm
@DualDudeBro Hopefully within a year, but it's always hard to tell.
Aug 25 2014, 4:48pm
I'm updating the Overgrowth builds now to make sure that "Alpha 207" is correctly displayed, some were still showing "206".
Aug 25 2014, 3:47pm
@OcD_Fortune Yup, that is correct! It should replace an existing file with the same name.
Aug 23 2014, 8:05pm