This C&C4 Art & Sound Pack contains most of the C&C4 units and structures and it excludes most civilian, neutral and other assets. Shaders...
Updated 8-1-2014 -- Revision 3 preview changes for KW Reloaded 1.8 released. See news article for details.
New bugs/issues list: Moddb.com
I decided to come back out of retirement and finish this mod once and for all. There are some leftover fixes I needed to do. Although I did mention version 1.71 as the final version, it ain't final yet. There will be a version 1.8 as the final version (once again) but I cannot guarantee for a version 1.9 after this one. Not all maps I have planned for to develop will be released.
Also please do not ask in the comments section whether the sub-faction AI to work in-game will be inputted because I will not answer it again. Ever since I asked CNCLabs team about it, one of the developers told me that only one faction can do it and that's the neutral faction. So out of 7 sub-factions from my mod as custom factions, I can only apply to one of them as an AI by re-using a neutral faction and cannot apply that to other multiple factions which I think it may be a restriction to C&C3 modding. I haven't tried applying the skirmish AI coding formula from Zero Hour to C&C3, but so far I haven't tried successfully to get a neutral faction AI working in-game as a custom faction since then.
It's been over three months since I last updated the news for this mod, so I hope you guys are patient once again. The next release date is still to be determined and only when it's done. I am attempting to polish as much content and changes as I possibly can. When it's done, this mod will be released into two parts and a guaranteed size of the biggest C&C3 mod so far at over 1 GB in size.
As skirmish/MP maps are concerned, I need to get at least over 100 skirmish maps playable for this mod by then. Blizzard's Starcraft II with the first expansion has 164 of them, all official maps! So far I have added several more 6-player and 8-player maps to the list and more will be added soon.
So far more than half of the progress have been done for KW Reloaded 1.8, and possibly this may will be the final release if the changes I wanted do work in the mod. However, changes like enabling the skirmish AI for sub-factions and changing the AptUI will not be in the final version. Bug fixes are still in the works. So here are the revision 3 changes for KW Reloaded 1.8.
• Fixed an issue on which previous new support powers did not show up in-game since version 0.7 due to flag coding.
• Fixed Behemoth’s animation when entering out from the War Factory.
• Fixed an issue on which epic units got extra weapon (sub-object) bones when built on the field. Now they are restricted to the weapon bones those epic units are specifically equipped with.
• New universal font change for this entire mod (menus and in-game), Eurostile URW. This font also needs to be installed in “C:\Windows\Fonts” (or equivalent) in order for the font to work in-game or else you will wind up getting the Arial Unicode MS font seen instead. Bug issue: it appears the only way to work is by installing as many different types of Eurostile fonts (if you can download some of them as free) into Windows.
• Most unit abilities will now require a small cost of credits to use. This may affect some SP campaign missions. See each faction changes for details.
• Research time has been nerfed for all upgrades. (some of them have their upgrade timing doubled and some cost values increased)
• Added Multifunctional Upgrades of speed, damage and armor (10% boost at a cost of 1000/30 each) for all tier-4 structures such as Space Command Link, Tiberium Liquidation Facility and Signal Transmitter. Those structures now have a build limit of one. However, only one upgrade can be applied to one faction in a skirmish/MP and mission.
• Added Resource Purifier for all GDI and NOD factions. Both Resource Purifier and Terraforming Nexus can increase production income from refineries and even Construction Yards, Barracks, War Factories and Airfields as well. Those tier-4 structures can be built at a limit of one and at a cost of 5000/50.
• Satellite Launch Facility now has a capture return of 500 credits and can see the entire battlefield radius up to 600000, removing the shroud.
• Some structures have their power unit requirements increased because some of them are too low.
• Veterancy is now applied to all defensive structures. The ranking to defensive structures is the same as units.
• Previously missing experience level coding for some structures have been added in.
• All structures (except fake and defensive structures) will have limited radius gap space to build for other structures.
• All refineries when built will gain 100 additional credits per ten seconds. Dock time for harvesters reduced to 8 secs.
• Call for Transport for all GDI and NOD factions now cost 50 credits each to use instead of 100.
• Re-added 44 KW skirmish/MP maps, KW terrain textures and modified SP maps (with given power) into the mod.
• Added 20 Predatore, 4 Noodlesocks and several other user skirmish/MP maps. (all used with permission) Also added more new created skirmish/MP maps from myself plus several missions to play with. Those new and modified maps have been compiled for faster loading.
• Civilian units that were not selectable in-game are now selectable and can be destroyed in battle. (Usable for SP custom missions)
• Added Kane’s Wrath and some RA3 ambient sounds into the mod as well as KW and some RA3 roads/sidewalks. (all usable for Worldbuilder).
• Added or replaced 5 Frank Klepacki new tracks into the mod. Extended the score track for C&C3 with KW tracks. Also extended the total in-game tracks to 28 rather than 25.
• Some missing FX art files and other art files have been re-added.
• Missing module IDs to some units and structures have been added.
• Replaced a new Rally Flag marker from Red Alert 3 in order to be visible.
GDI Changes (*applies to all GDI factions)
• New Support Powers: Railgun Accelerator (only works with Mammoth Tanks and Titans, not Predator Tanks), Supersonic Air Attack, Orbital Strike, Zone Raider Drop Pods. Stats remain the same. Those tier-4 support powers require Space Command Uplink.*
• Added Orca Paladin and Kodiak buildable for this faction. Same costs and requirements apply.
• Added Gauss Sheppard Tank as a tier-4 unit buildable from the Reclamation Hub. Also buildable for GAF and ZOCOM.
• Added buildable barricaded walls instead of cheap thin walls. Those barricaded walls can be destructible.*
• Pitbull now has a Sensor Scan and EMP Blast abilities. Stealth-detect range reduced to 100. The cost of using EMP Blast is the same as Enlightened/Awakened. Cost of the unit increased to 900/10. *
• Predator Tank now has its HEAT ability with a cost of 300 to use and a 30 second cooldown. (also applies to ZOCOM)
• Juggernaut and Battleship bombard ability now applies to GAF Sniper Squad, Nod Shadow Squad and MOK Shadow Squad. (also applies to ZOCOM)
• Shatterer now has the Overload Beam ability with a cost of 300 to use.*
• Hammerhead can now use the Sensor Scan ability.*
• Smoking Grenades ability now costs 100 to use.*
• EMP Grenades ability now costs 200 to use.*
• Stratosphere ability now costs 100 to use.*
• Bombardment for Juggernauts (including battleships) cost 100 to use.*
• All units using Sensor Scan or Sensor Pod ability will now cost 100 to use.*
• Repair APC is buildable and has mines to place on the battlefield.* (this ability issue has been fixed)
• Removed Smoke Grenade ability for the Riflemen Squad due to a tracer fire bug that isn’t visible on the battlefield and from a garrisoned structure.*
Steel Talons Changes
• Added Gauss Titan as a tier-4 unit buildable from the Reclamation Hub.
• Combat Engineer can now capture and revive fallen husks of Annihilator Tripod, Avatar, Juggernaut, Behemoth, Purifier and Reaper Tripod. (also applies to GAF faction)
• Removed Zone Raider Drop Pods support power.
• Adaptive Armor costs 100 to use with a 15 second cooldown. (also applies to GDI Mammoth Tank)
• Wolverine now has a Sensor Scan ability.
• Sandstorm now has a Sensor Pod ability.
• Replaced USA Patriot Missile with the modern version from Madin and now it has the EMP upgrade ability. The old Patriot Missile from C&C Generals is now being used as an extra neutral object.
• Added Allied Turret to replace Guardian Cannon for ZOCOM.
• Added Allied SAM Site to replace AA Battery for ZOCOM.
• Removed Railgun Accelerator support power.
• Added Gauss Sheppard Tank as a tier-4 unit buildable from the War Factory. Requires Space Command Uplink.
• Removed Railgun Accelerator and Zone Raider Drop Pods support powers.
• Talon now has a Sensor Scan ability. Stealth detect range reduced to 100.
• Shockwave now has the Overload Beam ability.
• Conductor now has the Sensor Pod and Placing Mines abilities.
NOD Changes (*applies to all NOD factions)
• New Support Powers: Magnetic Mines, Bait Temple, Tiberium Vein Detonation. Stats remain the same. Those tier-4 support powers require the Tiberium Liquidation Facility.*
• Power Signature Scan support power has been returned. Requires Operations Center to be built.
• Removed Master Computer Countermeasures upgrade slot for Tech Assembly Plant. Now works as Support Power.
• Added Avatar Mechanics upgrade to the Tech Assembly Plant where it costs 4000 in 2:30 min. It equips all Avatars an extra laser beam, flamethrower, stealth detect and stealth itself. Also it boosts Avatars 15% more armor and health. Avatar cost increased to 2500/25.
• Added Confessor, Salamander and Cobra ingame. Cobra costs 1600/16 and is a tier-3 unit. Confessor is a tier-2 unit and costs 1000/10 and requires Operations Center to be built.
• Flame Tank can now use the ability to plant mines on the field. Also applies to Black Hand faction.
• Reckoner now includes GAF Sniper Squad and Shadow Squad for spotting bombardment.*
• Signature Generator for the Venom cost 50 credits to use.*
• Explosive Charge for the Shadow Team costs 200 to use.*
• EMP Burst for Raider Buggy and Kane cost 100 to use.*
• Rage Generator for the Redeemer cost 300 to use.*
• Disruption Pod for the Vertigo cost 100 to use.*
Black Hand Changes
• Confessor’s attack range is now the same range as Sniper Squad. That unit is now a Tier-2 unit with a cost of 1000/10 and requires Secret Shrine and Operations Center to be built.
• Added Khan’s Flame Tower as additional defense. It does not require power and is immune to EMP.
• Confessor and Elite Confessor Hallucinogenic Grenades cost 150 to use.
Marked of Kane Changes
• Added Basilisk and Cobra. Basilisk is a tier-4 unit and costs 3000/30. Cobra is a tier-3 unit and costs 1600/16.
• Increased hit points for Cyborg Commando, Cyborg Reaper and The Awakened.
• Cyborg Commando will no longer use C4 explosives on buildings and will now rely on using its primary weapon. Primary weapon damage increased significantly on any unit or structure on impact. Pre-attack damage before firing has been removed. Hit points increased by 100. Cost increased to 3000/30.
• Cyborg Reaper can no longer attack enemy aircraft with its laser. (Why did I miss this earlier?)
• Underminer is now buildable from the Redeemer Engineering Facility.
• Avenger Tank, Tyrant Tank, Underminer and Cyborg Reaper model sizes shrunk by 10%. They were still too large to be seen alongside smaller units.
• EMP Blast range cost 200 to use for both Awakened and Enlightened.
Scrin Changes (*applies to all Scrin factions)
• New Support Powers: Ichor Seed, Infestation, Devourer Swarm, Temporal Wormhole and Overlord’s Wrath (??). Stats remain the same. Those tier-4 support powers (except Temporal Wormhole) require the Signal Transmitter.*
• Buzzer Swarm support power has been returned as a tier-2 support power.*
• Seeker Tank Squad, Gun Walker Squad, Devourer Tank Squad and Corrupter Squad are to be built under the Warp Chasm as Tier 4 units. The only squads in one application for this are 4 Gun Walkers, 4 Seekers, 4 Devourers and 4 Corrupters.*
• Terraforming Nexus is now available to be built for all factions as a tier-4 structure, but it cannot be built from a Foundry. Total hit points increased to 12000.*
• Mastermind now has the abilities of using the Blink Pack and Booby Trap. Same goes to Traveler-59.
• Manipulate object (mind control) cost 200 to use. Same applies to the Cultist.*
• Blink Pack for Shock Troopers and Mastermind cost 100 to use.*
• Conversion Beam for Reaper Tripod and Devourer Tank cost 100 to use.*
• Tiberium Agitation for Stalkers cost 200 to use.*
• Teleport ability for the Eradicator cost 200 to use.*