Return to the classic gameplay of the first Battle for Middle-earth, reimagined with countless new heroes, units and abilities. Journey deeper into Tolkien's world than ever before, relive the movies through meticulously crafted visuals and forge your path to victory in epic strategic battles.
Take command of seven unique factions and over 10 subfactions, with two more full factions underway!
Raise mighty castles, conquer settlements and outposts to rally your forces, then venture forth to lay siege to your foes.
Take the battle to new unique maps, including all from the first game and special missions.
Master the One Ring with unique Ring Heroes for every faction.
Lead dozens of new heroes or create your own custom hero with new abilities.
Discuss new ideas with the community and find solutions for problems and issues.
Today we released the Patch 4.3.2 for the demo of Edain 4.0. You can download it directly through the Update function of the Edain-Launcher.
If you do not yet have a previous Edain version installed, you can download version 4.3 as complete setup package by clicking on the banner. Please note that patch 4.3.2 still has to be downloaded through the Update function of the Edain Launcher.
If you encounter any problems, as usual pay a visit to our Support Forums!
New Features in 4.3.2:
- Edain 4.3.2 is primarily a bugfix and balance update to ensure smoother gameplay. Above all, game modes should now work properly without command point issues and Dwarven towers should no longer be built automatically around your forest.
- New game mode: Elite. This replaces the old Battle mode which simply granted doubled command points. Instead, Elite reduces your command points but makes individual troops significantly more powerful - a counterpart to the Legendary Heroes mode. We have realized we need two modes with reduced command points because they're based on the command point settings of the original game and two of those lowered the points. We decided to replace Battle because there's still Epic Battle if you want to play with greatly increased command points.
- Lorien is now playable on the Defense of the Shire map.
Balance in 4.3.2:
- Cost of all ranged units reduced by 100.
* Ceasefire moved to level 3, Battle Command moved to level 5.
* Battle Command: Now grants +50% damage, 50% reduced speed, but no longer improves armor.
- Gondor Knights, Ram Riders and Meduseld Knights: Health and damage reduced by 10%.
- Ram Riders:
* Attack range brought in line with Gondor Knights.
* Now additionally require Elite Equipment.
- Erebor Guardians: Armor debuff now only lasts 10 seconds.
- Battle Wagons:
* Increased command points to 60 and recruitment cost to 600
* Increased trample damage by 50%.
* Deceleration when crushing enemies increased from 3 per unit to 5.
* Speed reduced by 20%
* Armor and health reworked: Can take more damage overall, but is no longer immune to archers.
* Banner Carrier upgrade: Now requires researched Banner Carriers, cost increased to 300
* Ranged unit upgrades: Now require Elite Equipment, cost decreased to 200.
* Hearth upgrade: Now requires Siege Plans, no longer heals battle wagons themselves (they already have regeneration at level 2).
- Summoned Dwarven Mines no longer produce resources.
- Angmar structures:
* Now require two tribute carts for level 3.
* The Hall of the King's Men required more carts than other structures: Two for level 2 and three for level 3.
- Wolf Breeding: Now available at rank 1.
- Angmar outpost:
* Build cost increased to 1600.
* No longer produces resources (already covered through the spawning of tributes).
* Now only reduces damage and armor by 10% in the same radius as standard leadership.
- Angmar's troll summon:
* Calls one troll less.
* Can no longer be cast into enemy units (brought in line with other summons).
- Zaphragor: Armor brought in line with other heroes and greatly reduced. Damage by his own abilities remains unchanged, however.
* Edict of Carn Dûm now only reduces cost of units by 25%.
* Blood and Iron moved to level 4, Dark Brand to level 4.
- Carn Dûm Pikemen:
* Lowered damage reflection to 20%.
* No longer reflect damage from heroes, magic, elemental attacks, buildings and siege units.
* Fell Strength now buffs allies around the sorcerer instead of in the target area.
* Radius of Fell Strength reduced to 100.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (114 agree) 10/10
You could think im exxagerating the value of this mod,but i can only tell you : try with your hands. Edain mod is without any doubt the best RTS based on the LotR series,and,but this is just my opinion,the best RTS overall. While being much more true to tolkien than any other EA's work,it combines great complexity with good-balance in an excellent way. But what,above all things,makes this mod stand out are the models of the units,heroes and buildings,just take a look to the gallery on the site…
Oct 19 2010 by TheMost
Lowest Rated (22 agree) 5/10
Mordor and other evil factions are overpowered including their heroes and ringheroes. Especially Lorien and Imladris are too weak and their ringheros are not powerful enough to be ringheroes (and Galadriel is far too weak to be Galadriel. Make it to be like in the Lone Wolf mod: two palantir and stronger powers, etc.)... All ringheroes should be as powerful as Sauron, because now it's not fair. Almost all good factions are underpowered. Ents should be better than trolls (except armoured ones), because…
Oct 17 2012 by TheLapari