The Horse Lords is a mod for Rise of the Witch King intended to enhance the vanilla game with new content.
This mod aims to:
- Revise the current in-game content and add new content shown in the Hobbit Trilogy.
- Keep the Vanilla gameplay style but enhance it in our own way.
- Include a new Hobbit Based Campaign.
Planned factions for the first demo release are:
Planned factions for future releases are:
Due note there is no current release date, so please don't ask.
It's near the end of the month so I think it's time we fill you guys in on what's been happening.
We've converted Dol Guldur to Gundabad, and have since added:
an incomplete unit roster consisting so far of:
- Gundabad Orcs - 250 - They are similar to the Mordor Orcs in their usage, however they are faster, deal more damage and have more armor.- Can receive Banner Carriers- Can use Poison Blades at level 2.
- Gundabad Orc Archers - 400 - They are similar to the Mordor Orc Archers, however are faster and have a higher hit percentage.- Can receive Banner Carriers- Can use Poison Arrows At level 2 - Can use Flaming Arrows
- Gundabad Warg Pack - 350 - Similar to the Rise of the Witch King Warg pack for Isengard, but can trample. They have a good attack, but weak armor.- Can use Howl- Can receive Banner Carriers
- Gundabad Warg Riders - 550 - Similar to the Isengard Warg Riders, however are faster with less armor- Can use Howl- Can use Posion Blades at Level 2- Can receive Banner Carriers
- Dol Guldur Orc Pikemen - 550 - A kin to the Isengard Pikemen, however come in a smaller horde and have better stats- Can receive Banner Carriers- Can receive Forged Blades- Can receive Heavy Armor
- Dol Guldur Orc Infantry - 500 - A kin to the Isengard Infantry, however come in a smaller horde and have better stats- Can receive Banner Carriers- Can receive Forged Blades- Can receive Heavy Armor
We have also added The Gundabad Patrols consisting of Gundabad Orcs and Orc Archers. And if you Build a warg pit you gain Gundabad Warg Sentries.
The Gundabad Wargs were a collaboration between me and Mathijs
Gundabad Orcs were made by Mathijs:
All these orcs have been rallied by the Defiler:
And here is a preview of the New Gundabad Fortress done by Mathijs
The Spell Book will remain similar to EA's Goblin faction, however this is still being discussed internally. The Base destroying powers like Summon Dragon and Balrog will be removed and replaced, with something just as interesting.
We've also added the 1.08 patch's maps and apts, allowing players to play comfortably in Widescreen!
The mod however conflicts with 1.08's code, so you'd need to switch back to 1.06 to play.
I'd also like to thank King-Thranduil for joining as an asisstant coder, without him some of this stuff would not be in-game as yet, and Mathijs and Renny for their help with art .
Thanks for Reading- The Horse Lords Team
Just a video on some of the Gameplay Changes done in The Horse Lords.
I know I made a Breif summary of our goal in the Main Page, but I'll now I'll go into detail. :)
It seems there was a some confusion with the Edain Mod saying our Theodred and Eomer models looking almost exactly like the ones used in The Edain Mod...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.