Nathla elvellon! Our way to the full version of Edain is progressing continuously. We added the dwarves with patch 4.1, while patch 4.1.1 brought balance...
The Edain Mod aims to take you deeper into Middle-Earth than ever before and turn the Battle for Middle-Earth II into a game worthy of Tolkien's books and Peter Jackson's movies. In our quest for lore accuracy, visual quality and deeper gameplay, we overhauled every aspect of the original game to craft a new and immersive Lord of the Rings experience.
While the One Ring has no lord but Sauron, there have always been those who sought to use its power for their own ends. In Edain, you no longer bring the Ring to your fortress to unlock just Sauron or Galadriel. Instead, you can give it directly to select heroes who will attempt to draw upon its powers, with varying consequences. Each faction has different Ring Heroes, allowing you to discover what could have been if Saruman the White had attained the One Ring, or if Denethor and Boromir had foolishly decided to use it as a weapon against the Enemy...
The fate of Middle-Earth has always been shaped by great heroes and villains, many of which never appeared in a Battle for Middle-Earth game before. Edain gives you the opportunity to stand in battle with new heroes like Thorin Oakenshield and his companions, Beregond and Imrahil or the sons of Elrond. Those with evil in their hearts may instead choose to share in the power of villains like Smaug or the Necromancer of Dol Guldur...
Furthermore, every existing hero has received new abilities and mechanics to more accurately represent his role in the books and movies. Aragorn, for instance, will start out as the ranger Strider and go from the defender of Helm's Deep to King Elessar of Gondor over the course of the game, gaining new abilities each time he takes a new step towards his destiny. Similiarly, Theoden will now accurately transform from a defeated pawn under Saruman's control to the heroic king who fought on the Pelennor fields.
Rohan and Lothlorien have been split from the Gondor and Rivendell factions to form new factions in their own right. The Rohirrim are a people of riders, evidenced by their powerful cavalry units, including the Royal Guard. Their infantry and archery are poor, but they can receive signifant aid from the inn by recruiting Elven archers and Druadan warriors. The Woodland Realm, on the other hand, lacks cavalry altogether. To compensate, they rely on unorthodox tactics such as stealth, speed and elven magic coupled with their formidable archers. They cannot easily expand their base, but all buildings are manned by archers to keep invaders at bay. Units like the animal empaths, who slow down enemy cavalry, and elven chanters, who support your army through their songs, provide veterans with exciting new strategies to master. Both factions also come with a completely unique set of spells, including powerful finishers like the Rohan spell, Last March of the Ents, which summons Treebeard and a host of Ents to your side.
All factions have been expanded with a large array of new units. Among them are the Gondor Citadel Guard, Lurtz's Uruk Scouts, Haldir's Galadhrim from the Battle for Helm's Deep and Orcs of Minas Morgul. All in all, Edain allows you to assemble your forces from a pool of twice as many units as before.
Furthermore, almost all existing units and heroes have received visual overhauls to eliminate issues like golden armor on Orcs and bring the visual style closer to the movies. For example, Aragorn will now wield the actual Anduril blade upon purchasing the respective spell instead of getting an exaggerated blue glow around his sword. Head to our gallery for more examples of the improvements we have made.
Follow your destiny... Middle-Earth awaits.
Khazâd ai-mênu, Companions of Edain!
Today, the Patch 4.1.2 for the Demo of Version 4.0 has been published. You can download it directly via the update function in the Launcher.
To download the Demo, please click on the banner:
If you have any problems, you can as always visit our Support Forum!
We decided to publish a Fix-Patch, which will stabilize the game, before publishing the elves of Lothlorien. This patch fixes many of the reported bugs, improves the balance and corrects some problems concerning the AI. Therefore, there won’t be lag problems with the Dwarven AI, or game crashes when playing against a Gondor AI.
Additionally, the patch includes the following changes:
- Economy Building: have different cost and resource values:
*Economy buildings inside the fortress and on outposts cost 500 and generate 36 resources.
*Economy buildings at settlements cost 250, but generate only 24.
*Lumber mills generate 6 resources per wood.
*Citadels of camps and fortresses generate only 30 resources.
*Production increase upgrade increases the production to 33% more
*Defence measurements and increased defence measurements increase the health of the building each by 1500
The idea behind these changes was that the buildings inside the fortress should be the better ones, so that the fortress becomes a more attractive target, but only in the late game, because the buildings inside the fortress are more expensive and less effective.
- Thorin III‘s Condemning Strike has been reworked such that the ability should work correctly now. Now, the ability deals less damage, but Thorin gains +20% armour for a short time. The reason behind this change was, that we wanted to improve Thorin III’s role as a tank.
- Murin’s Charge ability doesn’t summon dwarven warriors, but Ram Riders.
- Bofur‘s ability set has been reworked. His level 10 ability should work now in the way it was intended. Also, his pick axe attack has got a new function.
- Guardians of the Iron Hills deal 50% less damage against swordsmen, when using their charge ability, and the reload time has been increased by 25%
- Peasants and Farmhands: recruit time has been increased by 10 seconds
- Draft reloads 60% slower
- Block formation of the Gondor Soldiers does not reduce the damage anymore (it exchanges only armour for movement speed, as long as they keep their position it is direct bonus)
- All three basic Uruk units: 10% less health and armour, reduced boni by the steelworks
- Battlewagons automatically heal themselves at level 2
- Bill Ferny: damage reduced by 20%, Cutpurse grants only +35% damage and armor, but Bill steals twice as much resources per hit
- Gleam of the Arkenstone: grants only +50% damage
- Thorin‘s leadership: grants only +25% damage
- Flank penalty bonus of all units has been increased from 30% to 50%
- Health points of most heroes have been reduced by approximately 15%
- Cavalry deals greatly increased damage when trampling, in particular against archers, but is slowed down much more. The idea is that cavalry should be able to deal more damage, but has to be used more wisely.
- Cavalry speed has been increased once more by 10%, and the movement speed of mounted heroes has been adjusted to this value.
- Damage bonus of cavalry with forged blades against buildings ahs been increased by 50% (as a reminder, forged blades increase the basic and trample damage against all units, but the bonus against buildings is additional)
- Formation oft he Axe Rohirrim, grants +30%
- Spears deal 50% more damage, when they are trampled by cavalry.
- Also, the Beorninger got a new Bear Form:
Have fun and enjoy playing!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
Highest Rated (83 agree) 10/10
You could think im exxagerating the value of this mod,but i can only tell you : try with your hands. Edain mod is without any doubt the best RTS based on the LotR series,and,but this is just my opinion,the best RTS overall. While being much more true to tolkien than any other EA's work,it combines great complexity with good-balance in an excellent way. But what,above all things,makes this mod stand out are the models of the units,heroes and buildings,just take a look to the gallery on the site…
Oct 19 2010 by TheMost
Lowest Rated (19 agree) 5/10
Mordor and other evil factions are overpowered including their heroes and ringheroes. Especially Lorien and Imladris are too weak and their ringheros are not powerful enough to be ringheroes (and Galadriel is far too weak to be Galadriel. Make it to be like in the Lone Wolf mod: two palantir and stronger powers, etc.)... All ringheroes should be as powerful as Sauron, because now it's not fair. Almost all good factions are underpowered. Ents should be better than trolls (except armoured ones), because…
Oct 17 2012 by TheLapari