Discovery Freelancer expands on the original Freelancer storyline by rebalancing the game to, as close as possible, suit a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing experience, adding many new technical features and game content, as well as developments in existing story arcs and lore.
Players are invited to immerse themselves in the roleplay environment and frame their created characters from scheming mercenaries in light fighters, to admirals of huge capital ships, build their own in-game bases and factories for equipment such as cloaks and jump drives, dock and launch from other players’ carriers, and introduce themselves to both new and old factions in populated or unpopulated corners of space.
The Mod has been continuously enlarged and refined by dedicated lore developers, 3D model designers, system creators, and plugin coders since 2005 (latest update January 2018). The unique mixture of space exploration, role playing, entrepreneurship, player community, and captivating combat action has gotten thousands of Discovery Freelancer players embarked in years of space adventures.
The Discovery Freelancer Development Team has been well-fueled by alcohol and nibbles in order to bring us the first patch for the recently released version 4.90. The new approach for updates and schedule managing has already been acknowledged by our members as the content updates and fixes are pushed at a much faster pace, than they had been back in 2017.
February patch brings us quite a few fixes as well as tweaks to existing NPC settings on the main server. There are still quite a few more minor and major tweaks in progress, but due to their reliance on future content, they have been pushed back to later patches.
Discovery Freelancer is still welcoming back its old members by providing them with the Veteran's Care Package that will allow them to skip a lot of the early game grind and jump right back into the fray.
Discovery 4.90.1 Patch 1 Full List
- Frankfurt-Sigma-13 gate repaired. Trade lane still being restored however
- Added capital NPCs for Coalition/Liberty/Bretonia/Rheinland Carriers, Gallic/Council Destroyers, Coalition/Hellfire/Order/Rheinland Battlecruisers, Hellfire Battleship, Crayter Dreadnought
- Added Heavy Transport NPCs to regular transport spawning zones
- Freelancer NPCs will sometimes spawn using freighters
- Misc economy updates
- Fixed a typo that might have broken capital code loot drops in missions
- Fixed Neutral IFF on La Fere Prison Station, Picardy
- Fixed Harmony textures.
- Fixed Insurgent/Partisan Engines
- Fixed Saboteur selling price
- Fixed Cockpits on Corsair Transport, Corsair Train, Outcast Transport, Rheinland Carrier and Tridente
- Fixed Rogue Destroyer [CollisionGroup] using the wrong fuse
- Fixed Hurricane Torpedo projectile name
- Fixed Salamanca using Neutron firing sounds instead of Photon
- Fixed NPC names on Sulawesi Citadel and Minato Harbor
- Fixed Edinburgh suns' corona, moved them south so the corona is further away from Gaia
- Fixed Port Said, Battlecruiser Luna equipment dealers. Added Core Capital weapons to Durban station
- Made New Hampshire minefield significantly weaker
- Removed vanilla Info for Sale points, except for important ones like Airdrie Hideout and Outpost Primus
- Removed trade lane nebula lights from several systems that didn't have them removed already
Today the first update cycle patch 4.90 named "Retribution" has gone live on the Discovery Freelancer Roleplay Server with new lore additions, equipment...
Today we bring you the last part of the 4.89 update, part Final. Take a look what it has to offer!
It is October 2017 and it is time to look at the progress made over Q3 for the Discovery Freelancer Mod.
Today we would wish to inform you about our recent changes that will improve the beginning experience for new players. Old and returning players also...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
It has been reported by many of our players that they are encountering issues with Windows 10 Home Edition. Please follow this guide to fix the issue...
4.88.1 Launcher Install Version .NET FRAMEWORK 4.0 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED Description: For more information on installation, please visit our Downloads...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.