It has been over a year since Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn Redux released a major Mod Update to the public. But now the much anticipated release of Mod Version 1.3 of C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux is finally here!
This Mod has the complete GDI and Nod factions available including two subfactions. GDI's Task Force Talon and the Nod Black Hand. The Mod also utilizes the Classic Construction Yard build system. If that was not enough, there are 18 Singleplayer Missions and over 120 Skirmish/Multiplayer maps which include your favorites featured in C&C Generals Zero Hour that have been modified to work in the Mod!
If you are new to this Mod or have never played the original Command & Conquer CLICK HERE to view the C&C Game of this Mod's namesake! Remember the original Command & Conquer? Remember all the units, characters and themes from the game? Remember the gritty feeling of RTS Warfare? Remember Tiberium?
Well, that classic game from the early 90's that spawned over a dozen titles and revolutionized the RTS Gaming World has been reincarnated in the advanced 3D RTS World of the C&C Generals SAGE 3D Game Engine and looks better than ever!
All the classic units and themes are back, the original videos and music are all here too. As a special bonus, several of the GDI and Nod missions have been recreated in the best detail possible. More missions will become available once they are completed! However, you can dish it out in a skirmish or multiplayer game to your hearts content, as this Mod does work in both modes!
This Mod also explores the "special" units and features that the first Command & Conquer shown in the cinematics, but not in detail in-game. This includes the evolution of the subfactions spawned from GDI and Nod with experimental units and weapons that were being developed after the great battle where Kane was presumed dead.
VERSION 1.3 UPDATES:
- This Mod uses never before seen visual effects with Pixel Shader 2.0 which includes Bloom Effects and detailed shadows, along with dynamic fog and sunlight effects.
- New terrain textures along with new high quality shrubbery, waterfalls, and various other nature props create beautiful realistic natural scenes in the in-game maps.
- New environmental hazards which include terrain obscuring fog, volcanoes with lava that can destroy your forces if they get too close, and deadly Tiberian based monsters such as Visceroids and Tiberium Ground Vein Monsters which can attack your forces randomly.
- Most of the maps, models, model skins, and particle effects have been totally replaced or improved with stunning new details not seen in most C&C Generals Mods. This includes fully 3D animating wheels and treads on vehicle models, enhanced shadowing, enhanced sun/moon lighting effects, reflective water, dynamic fog and weather effects, new terrain, bump mapped textures, and much much more!
- Audio details have been improved with new sounds and effects.
- The in-game user interface has been updated with new textures and also includes new text fonts, team/player color selections, and mouse cursors.
- Over 40 all new Skirmish/Multiplayer maps made by both our development team and by various members of the C&C Community! This brings the grand total to consist of over 120 Skirmish/Multiplayer maps!
- The Basic Power Plant can now be directly upgraded to an Advanced Power Plant.
- The Skirmish AI has been given a huge overhaul for all the playable sides with more dynamic tactics and responses which include ambushing and retreating.
- In order to resolve AI issues with the Conyard built Tiberium Refinery that disabled the Harvesters ability to automatically collect Tiberium and return it to the Refinery, the Harvesters will no longer be automatically spawned to harvest Tiberium. There is now a button available at the Refinery that you can click on to spawn the Harvester.
- NOTE: If you forget to deploy the harvester you may receive an EVA notification about it. Strangely enough, if you build a Tiberium Refinery using the MCV as a Dozer, the bug does not occur.
- The Nod Black Hand has a new vehicle known simply as the "Microwave Tank". This experimental vehicle shoots a powerful microwave beam that cooks infantry and it can also disable vehicles and buildings while doing a small amount of damage to them.
- GDI's Task Force Talon Special Forces Unit has a new base defense, the "Vulcan Turret". This is a Beta to the Component Tower Vulcan Cannon Turret well known in Tiberian Sun. It is useful for taking out infantry, light vehicles, and even aircraft.
- Several other small graphical, coding, and scripting bugs from version 1.2 have been fixed, while several Skirmish/Multiplayer maps and the 18 Singleplayer missions have also been improved.
IMPROVED SKIRMISH AI DETAILS:
EASY AI: Builds only a few defenses, builds small strike forces and rushes bases often with inadequate forces.
MEDIUM AI: Concentrates on heavy defenses and heavy weapon strikes while devising several small ambush and harassment teams in a more coordinated manner.
HARD AI: Starts out as mostly a turtler and builds a considerable amount of defenses around its base and around important areas of the map while assembling small strike teams to guard these areas, It also likes to utilize Air Power and Superweapons frequently (when available), and prefers to build up a large strike force that is designed to overrun an enemy base easily.
SETTING UP & FINDING HAMACHI ONLINE NETWORK ROOMS FOR THE MOD:
- Download Hamachi on any site available (use Google for best results)
- Install and follow the configuration instructions with the program.
- Then once you see how Hamachi functions create or join a public Mod network under this ID series:
Please note that there is a limit of how many users are allowed into a Hamachi room so you will likely have to make multiple rooms if they are not already created. You can of course make your own designated rooms but you will have to tell other users how to access it. But if you want a public room it is best to stick with the following network ID configuration described above for easy access.
However, you can still use Generals Online as the Beta Testing team has been quite successful playing the Mod through there as well.
A NOTE FROM SGTMYERS88: This past year has indeed been quite an amazing one! I have personally learned a lot with using the tools at my disposal and seeing how far I can push an old game engine while also recreating such a great game that is much older! Thank you everyone in the C&C Community for your continued support of this project! This is your reward and my Christmas Gift to all of you!