This mod brings the Black Templars Fighting Company to DoW:Soulstorm game.
Black Templars are zealous marines that prefer close combat over ranged warfare.
Being added BT as the separate race, this mod does not change the original gameplay of Soulstorm.
The mod based on models made by Melooo, and also reused his gameplay ideas about how to implement Black Templar's 'close to codex' style.
Also this mod utilize some other FOK/POK assets, like updated sound effects and FX-es. THANK YOU, FOK team, you are Best among DoW1 modders.
This mod would not exist without helps of Skinnie.
Glorious Thudmeiser, who organized voice scripting and recording process for the entire Warhammer 40k modding community. Follow his work on Revora!
Claymore MD made the stylish trailer for this mod, and also he granted us permission to use some of his music tracks.
Great thanks to warforge.ru forum members who provide me a vital data about mod balance, etc: EyePatch, BloodyVomit, I_Chample, Amibari_Sen (and his friend).
- The latest (2015-08-24) Objective Points mod is now on Moddb, but also at Mediafire, check what's inside on Revora
- Best Played with: DoW Codex Mod
- Try BT mod with: Soulstorm:Strongholds mission pack
- Revora forum is the good place for modding and team collaborations. Plenty of unique options for mods hosting, developing and discussions.
- BTmod gameplay FAQ and tutorials Moddb.com
Howdo, [black] brethren!
From time to time people are surprised by some gameplay nuances they found. So here the small ...
- Sometime, my Crusader squads ignores my command to retreat and continue to kill, figth and die! What I do wrong?
This is the codex feature of Black Templars faction, named Righteous Zeal. You should learn how to benefits from it, or avoid and minimize losses.
- Could the crusader squad's neophytes be set to allow continuous reinforce?
There is the UI restriction, that the game can't do continuous "leader reinforce" while squad is selected by player. However there is a trick: if you right-click neophyte icon while another Initiate is recruiting or Weapon upgrade is still performing, and next you are switch to another squad - you will get the desired result: neophytes will reinforce "continuously".
Another approach: Just use my "BT auto-reinforcement" wincondition rule (in singleplayer mode)!
- What are those "Vows" do, besides the Emperor Champion(EC) unlock?
- "Uphold the Honour of the Emperor" vow:
Consumes 15% of all 3 types of incoming damage, but also disables own cover bonuses. It works from HQ, but require presence of EC on the battlefield. Radius is 9999m so it spreads over all the map.
EC has "Shield of Faith" only during "charge" state
- "Abhor the Witch, Destroy the Witch" vow:
Adds +6m to EC's keen sight.
Within 40m radius around EC, it disables abilities of SM Librarian, CSM Sorcerer, IG Psyker, SOB Canoness and Confessor, DE Archont and Incubus. Including both enemies and allies, if any.
Within 200m radius around HQ, it increases speed of infantry in 1.2 times.
EC has the constant "Shield of Faith" effect
- "Suffer not the Unclean to Live" vow:
Within 40m radius around EC, all units with monster_med and monster_high armour types have speed decrease and moral degradation. Including both enemies and allies, if any.
Increase min and max damage of templar's melee weapons
EC has the constant "Shield of Faith" effect
- "Accept any Challenge, no matter the odds" vow:
Increases the charge distance of all tempars infantry and increases the accuracy of melee weapons.
EC has "Shield of Faith" only during "charge" state.
- How to bring back the original camera settings?
To restore original camera, just remove the file: YourGameFolder\BTmod\Data\camera_high.lua
- Objective Points mod! What is it for?
That mod is responsible for correct visuals of Strat/Crit/Relic Flag Poles for any new (good) race/faction added by custom mods.
- Would someone mind telling what the epic song playing in the installer is?
That song of russian music group named HMKIDS.
- I want to know more about how to play Black Templars in this mod!
There is a set of movies, made by our friend BoyarTactics. It unleashes some secrets of faction's gameplay.
To help players better to understand what's going on and also suggest few tactics there are ...
The series of videos about the "Black Templars: Kaurava Crusade" from BoyarTactics! Tutorial included!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.