New update for the mod, contains several bug fixes and tweaks on balance. YOU MUST HAVE DOWPRO: SOULSTORM 3.59 PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED.
Dawn of War: Professional (DoWPro) is a mod for the Dawn of War franchise that has been developed over many years, and is based on the Warhammer 40000 universe. The mod aims to enhance the multiplayer experience by incorporating intelligent gameplay design and balance with the exciting and spectacular game that is Dawn of War.
No longer will units become obsolete as you gain higher tech, and no longer will you have to spam a certain 'overpowered' unit in order to win.
In DoWpro strength through diversity is promoted, and with the return of the 'hard counter' system from the original Dawn of War game, DoWPro offers the player many different choices on their path to victory.
The latest version of DoWPro is for the third and last Dawn of War expansion: SoulStorm. Boasting nine completely unique races to choose from, DoWpro: SS offers a huge amount variety.
Key Features of the Mod:
- You can now use Wargear in multiplayer and skirmish games.
- The all-famous skirmish mod and the ever useful camera mod already included.
- Exciting and fun gameplay that differs greatly from SoulStorm in ways of how you research abilities and use your units.
- New graphics and visuals for every race.
- Sizeable community of its own, and can be played through the Steam Group, Hamachi Server, or Direct-IP.
- New units for almost every race.
- You can easily switch between DoWpro and standard SoulStorm through the in-game 'Game Manager'.
- A complete and instructional set of manuals to let you know every aspect of the mod and the armies.
- For DoWpro: SS you need SoulStorm, patched to version 1.20. For Steam users it is required its very own latest version.
Be sure to check out Z15.invisionfree.com for more details.
Where to Get Support and Meet Players
If you have any technical issues, or are just looking for a couple of games. please join us on the IRC chat channel "#dowpro" on the "quakenet" server , either by using an IRC client such as MIRC, Chatzilla (a firefox plug in), or by using our webclient.
It is also a great way to meet people (and players), just click in the tittle and join!.
The DoWPro mod uses some material which belongs to some other mods. Some of them, are totally exclusive and cannot be taken out without the authorisation of the team leader of the mod that created the material which has been added. DoWPro mainly uses the following models from the following mods:
- Firestorm over Kronus.
- Purgation of Kaurava.
- Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod.
To be more specific. In the case of the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod, there has been an exclusive deal from both mod team leaders (that is, between Korbah, Friedric_P and KRMZ). If, by any circustamce you take any of these models or content from DoWPro, which belong to the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod you are not allowed to public it in your mod unless you have real authorisation from Friedric_P and KRMZ, the mod team leaders from the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas mod.
So I guess I left this place without news, and you guys deserve it.
So first things first, 3.60 will be the Final Version, no turning back from here, so expect an even bigger polished version.
Second of all, the progress is slow as hell because we want to make sure that the AI works as better as it did from 3.59.58. Not to mention as well that the manuals are being reworked to fit in the changes done through all these versions - and yes, that also includes that Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle will have their own manual, too.
So, you also want the final changelog for 3.60 too?. Here, have at it:
- Last batch of icons totally redone for all races.
- AI completly reworked and 100% stable for all 9 races.
- Manuals totally reworked, including manuals done for Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle.
- English tooltips totally revised (thanks to Azarael` from Mod DB).
- Fixed many inconsistencies between armor types and tooltips in-game and in code.
- Now all 9 races show (almost) all their respective units and HQs on the Army Painter section.
- Re-added the map Blood River Remix.
- Added a new 1v1 map - Refinery.
- Added a new 2v2 map - Water Station.
- Added Black Templars as a teamcolorable army.
- Changed the Grey Knights spell icon as it was the same as one from the Eldar.
- Added Assault Cannon for Dreadnought as a heavy weapon option. Decreased its hardcap from 6 to 4.
- Fixed the Land Speeder marines not showing up correctly with any team colorable army.
- Added the 1st Albion Mechanised as a teamcolorable option.
- Added a healing aura ability for Kasrkin Sargeant, unlockeable on T2. This healing aura ONLY affects the Kasrkin squad.
- Removed the accuracy penalty in Fire in the Move (or FoTM) for the Guardsmen Grenade Launcher as it was not working properly. Heavy Weapon Specialization Research now increases the damage Guardsmen Grenade Launchers do from 1.25 to 1.4.
- Fixed an issue with the fx for the Power Sword from Kasrkin Sargeant whenever he moved.
- Fixed an issue which the Commissar did not show up his Power Sword as primary close combat weapon.
- Increased the morale damage of the Chimera Heavy Bolter from 5 to 12.
- Added the Thousand Sons as a teamcolorable army.
- Fixed the lack of icon for the Tainted Auspex entity.
- Fixed the lack of icon that the Chaos Lord Desecrated Standard ability had once summoned.
- Fixed the lack of animation death for the Desecrated Standard. Now it simply dissappears.
- Fixed the Seer Council icon not being shown
properly at the Hero UI. (It used the old warlock icon which seemed to
collide with the icon redone).
- Added the Farsight Enclave as a teamcolorable option.
- Fixed the Snare Trap icon whenever the Tau Commander deployed it.
- Changed the minimum_update_radius for the Looted Tank from 1 to 5.
- Ard Boyz now have their voicelines more...metallic!.
- Essence of the Deciever now requires a Summoning Core in order to be built.
- Decreased the ammount of Souls that Slaves can harvest from 0.12 to 0.10.
- Webway Gates now cost 35/5. Decreased to 3 from 4 the ammount of slots they can garrison.
- Corrected the values of certain DE squads on their accuracy on close combat.
- Soul Cage now is able to add Souls once built but decays over time like a Generator.
- Set the minimum_update_radius from 1 to 5 as per all armies infantry have the same value.
- Decreased the sight range of the HQ from 30 to 20 as all other HQs have the same sight range.
- Decreased the accuracy in close combat for Mandrakes from 0.7 to 0.65. Corrected their values so they can scale in damage from T2 onwards. Fixed the bug that allowed to attack Mandrakes on stealth. Now they wont be able to do so. Infiltration ability activates on T2 but still requires Shadow Skin to be researched.
- Added inf_high as secondary armor for Reaver Jetbikes. Changed their formation in order to avoid possible pathing issues. They are now available on the Hall of Blood building. HP reduced from 450 to 400. Hardcap decreased from 3 to 2.
- Terrorfex Grenade now costs 10/10 instead of 10 Souls. Increased its recharge time from 90 to 120 seconds. Decreased its morale degen from 3 to 2.
- Haywire Grenade now costs 25/15 instead of 10 Souls. Increased its recharge time from 120 to 150 seconds.
- Changed the role of Incubi so they lean towards an anti Heavy Infantry-Elite/Monster role. Increased their morale damage from 20 to 25.
- Decreased the recharge time of Piercing Vision from 100 to 90 seconds.
- Decreased the recharge time of Screams of the Damned from 180 to 150 seconds.
- Increased the recharge time of the Archon's Crucible of Malediction from 110 to 180 seconds.
-Haemonculus Torture Amp now costs 40/40/10 instead of just only 10 Souls. Increased its recharge time from 90 to 120. Decreased his sight range from 30 to 25. Increased the recharge time of Soul Explosion from 90 to 120.
- Revised the damage of Whyches so they lean towards an anti light infantry/daemon role. Combat Drugs research removed, instead the Whych Leader grants it to the squad.
- Revised the damage of Hellions so they lean towards an anti-building_low role. Changed their armor from inf_high to inf_med. No longer can use the Combat Drugs ability.
- Reduced the movement speed of Warp Beasts and their Leader from 24 to 17. Tame Warp Beasts from Beastmaster no longer consumes Souls. They now require a Relic to build them. Now they occupy 2 slots on any Webway Gate instead of 1.
- Decreased the sight range of Dais of Destruction from 35 to 25. Increased the recharge time of the Dark Scythe from 90 to 150. Gains Screaming Jets ability.
- Increased the sight range of Raider from 25 to 30. Increased its health from 1100 to 1200.
-Soulstorm ability now requires Soul Cage in order to cast it. Increased its recharge time from 150 to 200. Increased its life time from 20 to 30 seconds.
- As Combat Drugs research has been removed, Warp Beast research has been moved from Soul Cage to the Whych Cult Arena. Requires T2 and Vehicle Building in order to purchase it.
- Decreased the Energy cost of Talos from 290 to 260. Decreased its build time from 38 to 35 seconds.
- Increased the Soul Cost for Scourges from 3 to 5. New ability added for the Scourge Leader - Horrorfex Bomb. Throws a bomb to any infantry squad, stunning them in fear for 3 seconds. 150 secs of recharge time.
- Decreased the Energy cost of Ravager from 300 to 280. Gains Screaming Jets ability.
- Daughters of Pain research cost time increased from 20 to 30 seconds. Warp Beasts Mutation research time decreased from 40 to 30 seconds. Decreased its energy cost from 80 to 60. Mandrakes Shadow Skin research time increased from 20 to 30 seconds. Haemonculus researches time increased from 20 to 30 seconds.
- Except Heavy Weapons research, all dedicated infantry researches (which are Mandrakes Shadow Skin
research, Incubi research, Daughters of Pain research, Reaver Targetting system research and Warp Beasts Mutation research) and Haemonculus researches cost 5 Souls besides their Req and Energy cost.
- Missionary replaced by the Sister Hospitaller. Same thing she has as the Missionary except that her weapons are laspistol and chainsword. Has Inf_heavy_med armor, limited to 2 and cannot detect infiltration units. Costs 40 Req.
- Added a new research: Lay on Hands Improved research, available from the Holy Reliquary. Costs 50/50.
- Adeptus Arbites HP decreased from 160 to 150. Entrech Shields ability changed so it decreases the total accuracy of the squad instead of their movement.
- Decreased the reload time for Seraphims Bolt Pistol from 0.8 to 0.7. Increased its range from 22 to 23. Seraphim Veteran Superior also gains this buff. Changed so they can shoot up to 180 degrees. Inferno Pistol available from T2 instead of T2.5. Krak Grenades Research energy cost reduced from 60 to 40.
- Changed the fx for all Veteran Superiors Power Swords in order to differenciate these from the Canoness Master Crafted Power Sword.
- Revised Heavy Flamers for Retributors and Celestian squads - They no longer have FoTM and do not require setup time. Retributor Multimelta moved from T2 to T2.5.
- Increased the hardcap of Sisters Repentia to 2 from 1. Decreased their acccuracy in close combat to 0.65 from 0.8. Health decreased to 420 from 480. Armor reduced from inf_heavy_high to inf_heavy_med. Decreased squad cap from 4 to 3. Their overall DPS leans towards Commanders, building_low and monster_low/monster_med armors.
- Changed completly the Death-Cult Assassin - Now has inf_heavy_low instead of Comander, 350 HP, decreased her accuracy in close combat from 0.8 to 0.65, cannot spot infiltration units, uses squad cap 3 and limited to 2 squads. Can reinforce up to 3 assassins and can no longer decap points. Their overall DPS leans towards Infantry and Heavy Infantry-like types.
- Decreased the morale damage in close combat for the Penitent Engine from 100 to 80. Decreased its accuracy in close combat from 0.75 to 0.65.
- Celestian squad no longer uses Infiltration. Now they occupy 2 slots on any transport instead of 1.
- Increased the reload time from 5 to 7 for the Exorcist Tank. Hardcapped to 2 instead of 3.
- Decreased the cost of the Storm Bolter for Battle Sisters to 40/15 from 50/20. Decreased to 0.6 from 0.65 of maximum accuracy.
- Decreased the Energy cost of Canoness to 40 from 45. Decreased the overall cost of the Jumpack to 40/30 from 50/60. Increased the time the Liber Heresius duration effect from 8 to 12 seconds.
- Laud Hailers ability from Immolator removed, now the Repressor Tank gains it. Ability no longer consumes Faith but remains as a global ability.
- Removed the Confessor aura, instead he gains the leadership aura that increases the speed of Faith points.