Oh my, more news and progress. Want us to help with the AI?. This is your chance!.
Dawn of War: Professional (DoWPro) is a mod for the Dawn of War franchise that has been developed over many years, and is based on the Warhammer 40000 universe. The mod aims to enhance the multiplayer experience by incorporating intelligent gameplay design and balance with the exciting and spectacular game that is Dawn of War.
No longer will units become obsolete as you gain higher tech, and no longer will you have to spam a certain 'overpowered' unit in order to win.
In DoWpro strength through diversity is promoted, and with the return of the 'hard counter' system from the original Dawn of War game, DoWPro offers the player many different choices on their path to victory.
The latest version of DoWPro is for the third and last Dawn of War expansion: SoulStorm. Boasting nine completely unique races to choose from, DoWpro: SS offers a huge amount variety.
Key Features of the Mod:
- You can now use Wargear in multiplayer and skirmish games.
- The all-famous skirmish mod and the ever useful camera mod already included.
- Exciting and fun gameplay that differs greatly from SoulStorm in ways of how you research abilities and use your units.
- New graphics and visuals for every race.
- Sizeable community of its own, and can be played through the Steam Group, Hamachi Server, or Direct-IP.
- New units for almost every race.
- You can easily switch between DoWpro and standard SoulStorm through the in-game 'Game Manager'.
- A complete and instructional set of manuals to let you know every aspect of the mod and the armies.
- For DoWpro: SS you need SoulStorm, patched to version 1.20. For Steam users it is required its very own latest version.
Be sure to check out Z15.invisionfree.com for more details.
Where to Get Support and Meet Players
If you have any technical issues, or are just looking for a couple of games. please join us on the IRC chat channel "#dowpro" on the "quakenet" server , either by using an IRC client such as MIRC, Chatzilla (a firefox plug in), or by using our webclient.
It is also a great way to meet people (and players), just click in the tittle and join!.
The DoWPro mod uses some material which belongs to some other mods. Some of them, are totally exclusive and cannot be taken out without the authorisation of the team leader of the mod that created the material which has been added. DoWPro mainly uses the following models from the following mods:
- Firestorm over Kronus.
- Purgation of Kaurava.
- Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod.
To be more specific. In the case of the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod, there has been an exclusive deal from both mod team leaders (that is, between Korbah, Friedric_P and KRMZ). If, by any circustamce you take any of these models or content from DoWPro, which belong to the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod you are not allowed to public it in your mod unless you have real authorisation from Friedric_P and KRMZ, the mod team leaders from the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas mod.
So I have bad news and good news, right?.
Well here we go with the bad news - I will still be in charge. Oh, do I hear "booo!", too bad for you.
The good news is that 3.60 WONT BE the final version as I have previously anticipated.
There has been a lot of things brewing around, but to sum it up, the manuals wont be done for this version - this is bad, of course. They will probably be in along with something else, however. Those of you who love Single Player you better peek your eyes.
So, after all this teasing, heres the Final Changelog with ALL the changes 3.60 includes:
- Last batch of icons totally redone for all races.
- AI completly reworked and 100% functional.
- English tooltips totally revised (thanks to Azarael` from Mod DB).
- German tooltips correctly fixed.
- Fixed many inconsistencies between armor types and tooltips in-game and in code.
- Now all 9 races show (almost) all their respective units and HQs on the Army Painter section.
- Fixed how certain squads speech lines were too loud compared to others.
- Re-added the map Blood River Remix.
- Added a new 2 players map - Refinery.
- Added a new 4 players map - Water Station.
- Added the Black Templars as a teamcolorable option.
- Changed the Grey Knights spell icon as it was the same as one from the Eldar.
- Dreadnought: Added Assault Cannon as a heavy weapon option. Decreased its hardcap from 6 to 4.
- Fixed the Land Speeder marines not showing up correctly with any team colorable army.
- Added the 1st Albion Mechanised as a teamcolorable option.
- Removed the accuracy penalty in Fire in the Move (or FoTM) for the Guardsmen Grenade Launcher as it was not working. Heavy Weapon specialization research now increases the damage Grenade Launchers do from 1.25 to 1.4.
- Fixed an issue with the fx for the Power Sword from Kasrkin Sargeant whenever he moved.
- Fixed an issue which the Commissar did not show up his Power Sword as primary close combat weapon.
- Chimera: Increased the morale damage of the Heavy Bolter from 5 to 12.
- Fixed a bug that the Leadership ability for both Guardsmen and Kasrkin did not allow any morale or damage bonuses to the whole squad.
- Changed the lascanon fx and sound for Sentinel, HWT, Leman Russ and Baneblade.
- Added the Thousand Sons as a teamcolorable option.
- Fixed the lack of icon for the Tainted Auspex entity.
- Fixed the lack of icon that the Chaos Lord Desecrated Standard ability had once summoned.
- Fixed the lack of animation death for the Desecrated Standard. Now it simply dissappears.
- Added new voicelines for the Icon Bearer.
- Changed the fx for the Chaos Lord Meltagun.
- Fixed the Seer Council icon not being shown properly at the Hero UI. (It used the old warlock icon which seemed to collide with the icon redone).
- Fixed the Dark Reapers death voicelines.
- Added the Farsight Enclave as a teamcolorable option.
- Fixed the Snare Trap icon whenever the Tau Commander deployed it.
- Tau Commander and Crisis Suits now have a new fx for their Flamers.
- Changed the minimum_update_radius for the Looted Tank from 1 to 5.
- Ard Boyz uses now a metalic reverb for their lines.
- Essence of the Deciever: Increased his cost from 220 to 240. Increased build time from 50 to 57 seconds. Decreased speed from 23 to 20. Increased setup time of his ranged weapon from 0.4 to 1.5.
- Increased the speed movement of the Nightbringer from 23 to 25.
- Reduced the cost of Forbidden Archive from 200 to 150.
- Reduced the cost of Restored Monolith from 1500 to 1300.
- Decreased the ammount of Souls that Slaves can harvest from 0.12 to 0.10.
- Corrected the values of certain DE squads on their accuracy on close combat.
- Soul Cage now is able to add Souls once built but decays over time like a Generator.
- Set the minimum_update_radius from 1 to 5 as per all armies infantry have the same value.
- Decreased the sight range of the HQ from 30 to 20 as all other HQs have the same sight range.
- Vehicle Support Addon moved to T2.
- Webway Gates now cost 35/15. HP decreased from 1000 to 500.
- Mandrakes: Fixed the bug that allowed to attack Mandrakes on stealth. Now they wont be able to do so. Infiltration ability activates on T2 but still requires Shadow Skin to be researched. Shadow Skin Research no longer grants them Daemonic Touch. Commanders can no longer join the squad in order to avoid a fatal bug related to their ranged weapons not functioning right after Harvest Souls is used.
- Terrorfex Grenade now costs 10/10 instead of 10 Souls. Increased its recharge time from 90 to 120 seconds. Decreased its morale degen from 3 to 2.
- Haywire Grenade now costs 25/15 instead of 10 Souls. Increased its recharge time from 120 to 150 seconds.
- Decreased the recharge time of Piercing Vision from 100 to 90 seconds.
- Decreased the recharge time of Screams of the Damned from 180 to 150 seconds.
- Increased the recharge time of the Archon's Crucible of Malediction from 110 to 180 seconds.
- Reaver Jetbikes: Added inf_heavy_high as main armor, secondary is still vehicle_low Changed their formation in order to avoid possible pathing issues. They are now available on the Hall of Blood building. HP increased from 450 to 600. Jetbike Research grants 100 HP instead of 50. Short Circuit ability no longer requires Souls. Increased its recharge time from 120 to 160 and it is now a Global Ability.
- Haemonculus: Torture Amp now costs 40/40/10 instead of just only 10 Souls, reduced its hitpoints from 500 to 350. Increased its recharge time from 90 to 120. Decreased his sight range from 30 to 25. Increased the recharge time of Soul Explosion from 90 to 120.
- Wyches: Combat Drugs research removed, instead the Whych Leader grants it to the squad.
- Hellions: Increased their damage vs building_low. No longer can use the Combat Drugs ability.
- Warp Beasts: Commanders can no longer join them. Tame Warp Beasts from Beastmaster no longer consumes Souls. They now require a Relic to build them. Now they occupy 2 slots on any Webway Gate instead of 1.
- Dais of Destruction: Decreased the sight range from 35 to 25. Increased the recharge time of the Dark Scythe from 90 to 150. Gains Screaming Jets ability.
- Raider: Increased the sight range from 25 to 30. Increased its health from 1100 to 1200.
- Soulstorm: Now requires Soul Cage in order to cast it. Increased its recharge time from 150 to 200. Increased its life time from 20 to 30 seconds.
- As Combat Drugs research has been removed, Warp Beast Mutitaion research has been moved from Soul Cage to the Whych Cult Arena. Requires T2 and Vehicle Building in order to purchase it.
- Decreased the Energy cost of Talos from 290 to 260. Decreased its build time from 38 to 35 seconds.
- Scourges: Increased the Soul Cost from 3 to 4. New ability added for the Scourge Leader - Horrorfex Bomb. Throws a bomb to any infantry squad, stunning them in fear for 3 seconds. 150 secs of recharge time.
- Ravager: Decreased the Energy cost from 300 to 280. Gains Screaming Jets ability.
- Daughters of Pain research cost time increased from 20 to 30 seconds. Warp Beasts Mutation research time decreased from 40 to 30 seconds. Decreased its energy cost from 80 to 60. Mandrakes Shadow Skin research time increased from 20 to 30 seconds. Haemonculus researches time increased from 20 to 30 seconds.
- Except Heavy Weapons research, all dedicated infantry researches and Haemonculus reserches cost 5 Souls besides their Req and Energy cost.
- Missionary replaced by the Sister Hospitaller. Same thing she has as the Missionary except that her weapons are laspistol and chainsword. Has Inf_high armor, limited to 3 and cannot detect infiltration units. Costs 40 Req.
- Added a new research: Lay on Hands Improved research, available from the Holy Reliquary. Costs 50/50.
- Hospitaller gains HP bonuses after Health upgrade is complete instead of Commander Upgrade, each one grants +75 HP each.
- Adeptus Arbites: HP decreased from 160 to 150. Entrech Shields ability changed so it decreases the total accuracy of the squad instead of their movement.
- SoB: Inf_high instead of inf_heavy_med. Req cost decreased from 40 to 35. Veteran Superior armor decreased from inf_heavy_high to inf_heavy_med. Decreased her cost from 80/15 to 70/15. Decreased the cost of the Storm Bolter from 50/20 to 40/15. Decreased to 0.6 from 0.65 of maximum accuracy. They come now with Divine Retribution instead of the Veteran Superior granting it; increased its Faith cost from 20 to 30.
- Imagifer: Increased the Faith bonus from 5 to 10.
- Holy Icon: Increased the Faith bonus from 5 to 10.
- Seraphims: Inf_high instead of inf_heavy_med. Req cost decreased from 50 to 45. Decreased the reload time for Bolt Pistol from 0.8 to 0.7. Increased its range from 22 to 23. Seraphim Veteran Superior now has inf_heavy med, 70/15. Changed so they can shoot up to 180 degrees. Inferno Pistol available from T2 instead of T2.5. Krak Grenades Research energy cost reduced from 60 to 40. Act of Faith: Angelic Visage doubles the ammount of HP for any squads around the Seraphim squad besides the other bonus. They come now with Angelic Visage instead of the Veteran Superior granting it.
- Optics research no longer affects bolters, bolt pistols and Celestian storm bolters damage.
- Retributors: Multimelta moved from T2 to T2.5. Heavy Flamers no longer have FoTM and dont require setup time. Divine Guidance costs 30 Faith instead of 20 and now is a global ability.They come now with Divine Guidance instead of the Veteran Superior granting it.
- Sisters Repentia: Increased the hardcap from 1 to 2. Decreased their acccuracy in close combat to from 0.8 to 0.65. Changed their armor so they are inf_heavy_med. Decreased squad cap from 4 to 3. Reduced Req cost from 80 to 75. Righteous Zeal ability now grants ranged resistance.
- Death-Cult Assassin: Cost 70/30, moved the whole squad from Holy Reliquary to Infantry building, available after T2. Decreased their accuracy in close combat from 1 to 0.75.
- Decreased the morale damage in close combat for the Penitent Engine from 100 to 80. Decreased its accuracy in close combat from 0.75 to 0.65.
- Celestians: No longer uses Infiltration. Heavy Flamers no longer have FoTM and dont require setup time. Added +1 member to the squad to reinforce. HP increased from 480 to 500. Morale Decreased from 500 to 400. No longer have access to Krak Grenades. Gain Leadership aura.
- Increased the reload time from 5 to 7 for the Exorcist Tank. Decreased its hardcap from 3 to 2.
- Canoness: Decreased the Energy from 45 to 40. Decreased the overall cost of the Jumpack from 50/60 to 40/30. Increased the Faith cost for Act of Faith: Divine Light from 10 to 20. Increased the Faith cost for Act of Faith: Ascension from 30 to 40. Increased the time the Liber Heresius duration effect from 8 to 12 seconds, increased Faith cost from 40 to 50. The wargear that grants Faith points bonuses increases from 5 to 10.
- Repressor Tank: HP decreased from 2000 to 1900. Req cost decreased from 180 to 170. Gains Laud Hailers ability. Ability no longer consumes Faith but remains as a global ability. Requires Holy Reliquary building to unlock it.
- Confessor: Mandate aura grants morale resistance instead of health regen. Corrected his DPS in ranged and close combat. Witch Hammer Faith cost increased from 20 to 30. Divine Pronouncement Faith cost increased from 30 to 40.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.