This is the first release of QF2: Essence to a Thief.
Jump in and take command in a fight that spans six exotic worlds with diverse environments - from steaming, swampy jungles crawling with deadly creatures to rocky wastelands strewn with boiling lava pits to ruined cities half-buried in nuclear snow. Players start by building a base from which they command a force of armored vehicles, infantry, and aircraft through a series of exploratory, offensive and defensive missions. Gamers will drive a variety of tanks and walkers, pilot the scout ships, and even jump out and fight an evil and challenging alien enemy on foot. Each side will choose from an arsenal of powerful weapons including guided missiles, mortars, mines and bazookas. This revolutionary game is the sequel to 1998's Action Game of the Year (Computer Gaming World).
Complete Control Over the Battlefield - Command over 30 unique types of troops , including tanks, infantry, air support and mobile assault turrets. Finely tuned interface and gameplay improvements -- including all-new squad commands -- allow you to more intuitively manage resources, execute full-scale attacks and identify strategic locations without missing a second of the hard-driving action.
Advanced AI - Units learn and gain experience as they kill enemies -- new units fight like raw recruits while experienced units will save you in tight situations. Intelligent AI allows enemies and friends to strafe, choose the right weapon for the current situation, retrieve ammo and health in combat, and even run away.
Explore a Fully Interactive "Living" World - Interact with the planets' freely roaming wildlife thanks to an enhanced graphics system. Sophisticated physics models support a whole new range of tracked, hovering, and walking, in addition to realistic environmental effects.
Amazing Graphics - Taking full advantage of the Intel Pentium III processor and 3D hardware enhancements, the unparalleled graphics of Battlezone II bring new worlds to life with fully explorable environments, incredibly fast frame-rates and stunning custom 3D effects; including multiple lens flairs, specular lighting, water ripple effects, localized ground fog, and volumetric lighting.
Tackle Full-Scale 3D Action - Lose your vehicle in the heat of battle, bail out, parachute to safety, and call for someone to pick you up. Customize or switch vehicles right on the battlefield, all while wielding over 25 deadly weapons, including guided missiles, mortars and mines.
Advanced Multiplayer Options - In addition to the original Battlezone's highly successful deathmatch (shooter-style) and strategy (RTS-style) multiplayer game modes, Battlezone II introduces new team play. Different people can have different roles - builder, defenders, attackers - and communicate with each other quickly and easily through the integrated command interface. New "lock step" anti-cheat measures have also been added to ensure the integrity of the game.
ModDB Page: Moddb.com
Larger player box here: Moddb.com
What the mod will include:
- A lengthy, STORY DRIVEN single player campaign. There will be less emphasis on Base VS Base combat and more on story and character development. I know that people get sick of RTS campaigns quickly if they are repetitive. I certainly do. My goal is to AVOID a 'glorified IA' campaign where you simply have to destroy the enemy base each mission. That isn't going to happen often.
- Three brand new, fully fledged playable races, plus other NPC only races.
- High quality 3D models and environments, far in excess of the original limitations and scope of the BZ2 engine.
- Character animation.
- A deep, intriguing and engaging storyline.
- Some explanations to some of the darkest secrets of the Battlezone universe.
- This mod is a total-conversion, so effectively a BRAND NEW game!! No visible content from the original game or any other mod (not even QF Mod) is going to be included here.
- Fully UV-Mapped and highly textured models (unlike the original QF Mod).
- All new sound effects.
- All new models.
- All new voiceovers.
- All new everything!!
Highest Rated (2 agree) 10/10
Incredible game, and a worthy thought... possibly confusing, sequel to the original Battlezone released the later 90's, which made ground breaking innovations in the world of gaming, getting near perfect scores in every gaming magazine it was featured in. Still one of the best games ever made. BZII is a little different and a little more modern, with a story that can go in two different directions, and a community that still thrives and is still making patches for the game. The game it self though…
Dec 4 2010, 11:57am by General_Hoohah