Forum Thread
Will you play Halo 4? (Forums : Console Gaming : Will you play Halo 4?) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Jul 19 2011 Anchor

In short, I probably won't. I believe they should've left it with Reach, since it was Bungie's last game with their baby... but, of course, Microsucks has to milk whatever money they can.

Edited by: x3nu

Jul 19 2011 Anchor

I haven't even played the second. I mean what kind of FPS isn't on the PC, its like how they have Office for OSX, lol it's almost too funny. Anyways if I ever do get the chance then maybe but I have to play the first 4 or 5 games. Really it is just annoying since they are milking the series till it dies from shame :\. When I heard they announced it I was like "Yep, another Call of Duty Clone" and when I say that I don't mean gameplay or storyline but more referring to how they do this to a franchise so they can hoard as much money as possible until people realize they're idiots for spending 100's$ on the same game. That's my thought... -_-

Jul 19 2011 Anchor

Well Halo is a pretty big franchise and its not like its not good or anything, I being a Pc and Ps3 Fanboy literally was shocked when I saw them announce Halo 4 at E3 so yes, I might buy an Xbox 360 so I can have a bit of Halo 4 in my system.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Jul 19 2011 Anchor

I never bothered with ODST or Reach, so it's unlikely I'll pick up 4. You just know '4' is going to be the start of the new trilogy, so that the next two can be used as the 'killer app' to sell the next console.

Jul 19 2011 Anchor

ambershee wrote: I never bothered with ODST or Reach, so it's unlikely I'll pick up 4. You just know '4' is going to be the start of the new trilogy, so that the next two can be used as the 'killer app' to sell the next console.

I have to ask, but why not ODST or Reach?

ambershee
Jul 19 2011 Anchor

Because there were always other (better) games I'd much rather be playing.

Jul 19 2011 Anchor

Propably I loved all the Halo games except halo ODST I found it a bit boring. Back to topic, if its well made and has epic music like the other ones im in. Hope they dont change master chief too much.

Jul 19 2011 Anchor

i loved halo2 but never really played 3 i completed it but it wasa 1 time run through that never got played again. reach was cool online but the story didnt interest me. so unless the online for 4 is amazing i will probably skip it

--

Moddb.com << A 1st person survival action horror rpg?!?

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper
Mod DB - 3D Game Modeller

Jul 19 2011 Anchor

Gonztah wrote: Propably I loved all the Halo games except halo ODST I found it a bit boring. Back to topic, if its well made and has epic music like the other ones im in. Hope they dont change master chief too much.

I think Chief's new design is terrible... 343 couldn't have the decency to harken back to Halo 3.

Jul 19 2011 Anchor

isnt 4 set basically with chief floating in spacehow did he get new armour ???

--

Moddb.com << A 1st person survival action horror rpg?!?

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper
Mod DB - 3D Game Modeller

Jul 20 2011 Anchor

I like the new MK VI design. I actually hated how it looked in Halo 2 and 3. This seems more of a natural evolution from Halo 1 than those did.

AssassinAlex18
AssassinAlex18 International Super Spy
Jul 20 2011 Anchor

Icedecknight wrote: When I heard they announced it I was like "Yep, another Call of Duty Clone" and when I say that I don't mean gameplay or storyline but more referring to how they do this to a franchise so they can hoard as much money as possible

No, It's not a COD clone. If it was, A halo game would come out every year, have the same exact gameplay as the last, and half of them having sucky plots.

--

Christopher, You've been diagnosed with what we call here, Crazy.

DragonBorn

Minecraft FM

Jul 21 2011 Anchor

AssassinAlex18 wrote:

Icedecknight wrote: When I heard they announced it I was like "Yep, another Call of Duty Clone" and when I say that I don't mean gameplay or storyline but more referring to how they do this to a franchise so they can hoard as much money as possible

No, It's not a COD clone. If it was, A halo game would come out every year, have the same exact gameplay as the last, and half of them having sucky plots.

Did you even read what he said? "...and when I say that I don't mean gameplay or storyline..." he says their doing the same thing they did to the CoD franchise in terms of making money.

I agree with Icedecknight, its all about the money, and like how ambershee said, "You just know '4' is going to be the start of the new trilogy, so that the next two can be used as the 'killer app' to sell the next console."

AssassinAlex18
Jul 21 2011 Anchor

l0rdx3nu wrote:

AssassinAlex18 wrote:

Did you even read what he said? "...and when I say that I don't mean gameplay or storyline..." he says their doing the same thing they did to the CoD franchise in terms of making money.

I agree with Icedecknight, its all about the money, and like how ambershee said, "You just know '4' is going to be the start of the new trilogy, so that the next two can be used as the 'killer app' to sell the next console."

I did read what he said, and I was using those as examples of improving creativity, where as the COD franchise really doesn't have any.

--

DragonBorn

Minecraft FM

Gibberstein
Gibberstein Generic Coder Type Thing
Jul 21 2011 Anchor

You do realise that the next Halo isn't a Bungie title? That this will be the Treyarch equivalent? Bungie have finished with Halo, and are not coming back.

--

"lets say Portal is a puzzle game, so its a rehash of Tetris"
- Wraiyth points out the craziness of stereotyping games by their genre

ambershee
Jul 22 2011 Anchor

I'm hoping "Halo 4" is essentially a Marathon reboot. It fits perfectly.

Edited by: ambershee

Jul 22 2011 Anchor

I doubt 343 is going to reboot Marathon with Halo 4...

AssassinAlex18
Jul 22 2011 Anchor

l0rdx3nu wrote: I doubt 343 is going to reboot Marathon with Halo 4...

That would be amazing. Halo and Marathon did share similar stories, but seeing how Microsoft doesn't own Marathon, I doubt they'll go for it.

--

DragonBorn

Minecraft FM

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Jul 22 2011 Anchor

I know several people who will probably get it, as as a result I'm bound to play it through them like every other Halo game.

Jul 22 2011 Anchor

AssassinAlex18 wrote: No, It's not a COD clone. If it was, A halo game would come out every year, have the same exact gameplay as the last, and half of them having sucky plots.

Don't you guys know, that was the main reason microsoft wanted complete controll of the halo frachise, so that they can put out yearly releases like call of duty. After the bungie-microsoft lawsuit back in 2008 or whatever microsoft had stated it would put out a halo game every year (2009: Halo 3 ODST, 2010: Halo reach, 2011: Halo Aniversery, 2012: Halo 4, 2013: (probably Halo 5 or some horrible spin off like halo wars2). This is the reason why Bungie wanted out, and to become an independent studio again, but microsoft owns the halo frachise so they couldn't get their baby back.

In short, If halo isn't like CoD at the moment, wait a year or two and it will be, especially now that bungie and microsofts contract has ended and bungie is free again.

Jul 23 2011 Anchor

Sure, I'd play it...If only I had an Xbox, lol.

I played the first and second on the PC, and really liked them both. Shame I don't have an Xbox, or I would have played 3, Reach, and ODST.

Maybe in a few years...

Edited by: Garyn Dakari

ambershee
Jul 23 2011 Anchor

AssassinAlex18 wrote: Microsoft doesn't own Marathon, I doubt they'll go for it.

I'm pretty sure they acquired Marathon when they acquired Bungie as a first party developer. Also, the game isn't called Marathon - but that doesn't mean it can't follow an extremely similar story arc ;)

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 24 2011 Anchor

GarynDakari wrote: Sure, I'd play it...If only I had an Xbox, lol.

I played the first and second on the PC, and really liked them both. Shame I don't have an Xbox, or I would have played 3, Reach, and ODST.

Maybe in a few years...

My intention is to play someone else's 360, and co-op through what I (and Garyn) have missed of Halo. I looked up the new Slim model on Amazon, just out of curiousity. Do you wanna know what I found in the images? One person had their "Supposedly no longer making RroD" console bearing the acursed thing.

ambershee
Jul 24 2011 Anchor

They can't RRoD.

Jul 24 2011 Anchor

ambershee wrote: They can't RRoD.

Was that function completely removed from the slims?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.