Forum Thread
by member
Will you play Halo 4? (Forums : Console Gaming : Will you play Halo 4?) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sep 24 2011, 5:43pm Anchor
ambershee wrote:The Ps3 is nearing the end of it's lifecycle. Releasing ports of three titles, anything other than within the next 12 months or so (pending the inevitable successor announcement at next years E3) could be foolish.

Paradigmthefallen wrote:Also there's no need to get angry over this.

Eh?

I think he means treating the audience like morons shouldn't offend the audience.

--

All posts are phase shifted and routed through the main deflector dish for quality assurance purposes.

Dec 13 2011, 10:32pm Anchor

Probably.... but... I doubt I'll like it... for some reason I just get a shitty game vibe from Halo: CE Anniversary...

Dec 14 2011, 12:11am Anchor
HaydenB wrote:Probably.... but... I doubt I'll like it... for some reason I just get a shitty game vibe from Halo: CE Anniversary...

Gravedig best dig :)

--

All posts are phase shifted and routed through the main deflector dish for quality assurance purposes.

Dec 14 2011, 1:00am Anchor

Never played a Halo game; so, no.

Edited by: somonels

Dec 23 2011, 3:31pm Anchor

Yeah I will

Ambient_Malice
Ambient_Malice Ultraconservative Hippie Freak
Dec 24 2011, 12:07am Anchor

No. Because Microsoft won't be releasing in on PC, will they? Just like Halo 3. And OSDT, and Reach.

Unfaithful bastards.

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

Dec 24 2011, 12:17am Anchor
Ambient_Malice wrote:No. Because Microsoft won't be releasing in on PC, will they? Just like Halo 3. And OSDT, and Reach.

Unfaithful bastards.

Halo 2 for PC hardly made any money, so they decided it wasn't worth it. So you can thank the fact it was Vista only, many people pirated it, and that it appears that no one liked the game, seeing how all I see are complaints about the PC version.

Seriously, if you made two versions of a game, and one was hated while the other was loved, and the loved one made you money and the hated one didn't....

Would you keep making the version no one likes?

Dec 24 2011, 1:27am Anchor

Personally, I am fine with Microsoft "milking" Halo. It's been my favorite series on the console ever since Call of Duty has become king. Also, the Xbox 360 has been lacking exclusives ever since the PlayStation 3 built up steam. The Gears of War franchise is over, Mass Effect is no longer exclusive, a Kinect-only Fable..., etc. Although, the Xbox 360 is still more popular compared to the PS3. Third party developers are managing to keep it in shape. I'm wondering if all the "1-month exclusive DLCs" are making a difference.

Ambient_Malice
Dec 24 2011, 5:50am Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:
Ambient_Malice wrote:No. Because Microsoft won't be releasing in on PC, will they? Just like Halo 3. And OSDT, and Reach.

Unfaithful bastards.

Halo 2 for PC hardly made any money, so they decided it wasn't worth it. So you can thank the fact it was Vista only, many people pirated it, and that it appears that no one liked the game, seeing how all I see are complaints about the PC version.

Seriously, if you made two versions of a game, and one was hated while the other was loved, and the loved one made you money and the hated one didn't....

Would you keep making the version no one likes?

Is money everything? Oh, wait, this is Microsoft we're talking about. Of course it is.

I bought Halo 1 on PC, then Halo 2 on xbox, followed by Halo 2 on PC. The vista exclusive copy protection is so shite that even on windows 7, I use the cracked WinXP installer.

If Microsoft had ported the games in a reasonable timeframe, and not shitted people around with imaginary Direct X 10 'improvements', I am convinced the PC versions would have sold bucketloads.

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Dec 24 2011, 6:14am Anchor
Ambient_Malice wrote:If Microsoft had ported the games in a reasonable timeframe, and not shitted people around with imaginary Direct X 10 'improvements', I am convinced the PC versions would have sold bucketloads.

What was that? Gears of War? You wanted to chip in? You too, Fable 3?

PC versions of games that ship at the same time as their console counterpart sell. When the console version is available for months before the PC version, it doesn't (and the longer the gap between, the worse it gets). I don't see why a lot of publishers cannot get their head around this. The reason is pretty simple - if there is a game that a player wants, they will buy it as soon as it is available to them. Most PC gamers also own a console, ergo, if the console version is already available, then it is not unlikely said PC gamers will buy it.

Ambient_Malice
Dec 25 2011, 12:00am Anchor

Exactly. Microsoft took TWO YEARS to port Halo 2. Then it ran awfully on machines that made the Xbox look like an abacus. Any wonder no-one bought it?

Atomic magazine put Gears of War not getting PC ports down to PC gamers not liking boorish shootathons. I agree with them.

And Fable... Well I can't stand the franchise.

Edited by: Ambient_Malice

--

-Peter Hitchens

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Dec 26 2011, 11:03pm Anchor

Not to get off topic here but all this bringing up of Halo 2 reminds me of one thing I've always wondered:

What the kriff was everyone's problem with the Arbiter being a playable protagonist? He honestly, imo, is better at combat than Master Chief any day of the week. Arbiter can stealth, is more agile, has allies who'll stand for more than ten seconds, and his levels even seem more balanced and well built. Yes he's not "the same species as you", but that actually lets you convey a better self-canvas onto him. It's the same logic as an animal film, you're giving something human-like but not necessarily human.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Dec 26 2011, 11:05pm Anchor

I didn't mind playing as the Arbiter, although I did find it somewhat confusing as to what was going on.

Ambient_Malice
Dec 26 2011, 11:47pm Anchor

I had a friend who instinctively shot the aliens every time he rounded a corner. This made Arbiter segments a pain in co-op.

--

-Peter Hitchens

Dec 28 2011, 11:24pm Anchor

Reminds me of...

Someone wrote:Take my Arbiter, Banshee

...a joke between my bro and I, he and a friend of his were playing co-op in Halo 2 on the first arbiter mission, he screwed up the line, stuck ever since.

Dec 29 2011, 1:28am Anchor

The Arbiter was an interesting protagonist in Halo 2, but I felt he was underutilized.

--

Dec 29 2011, 7:18am Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:Not to get off topic here but all this bringing up of Halo 2 reminds me of one thing I've always wondered:

What the kriff was everyone's problem with the Arbiter being a playable protagonist? He honestly, imo, is better at combat than Master Chief any day of the week. Arbiter can stealth, is more agile, has allies who'll stand for more than ten seconds, and his levels even seem more balanced and well built. Yes he's not "the same species as you", but that actually lets you convey a better self-canvas onto him. It's the same logic as an animal film, you're giving something human-like but not necessarily human.

The reason most people didn't like to play as the Arbiter was because he stole MC's screentime. Everyone was used to the Chief and wanted to know what happened next to him, not some Alien we didn't even know existed until the intro of the campaign. Then the only reason the Arbiters allies could stand longer was because of their shields, much like if the Chief would have had other Spartans as allies. Then again the human AI wasn't the best either. They would have stood much longer if they would have known some basics of combat at all like cover is good and being out in the middle of an open beach is bad. I don't remember the Arbiter being any different to the Chief other than the Flashlight being switched for Active Camo.

Ambient_Malice
Dec 30 2011, 5:10am Anchor

Let's be realistic. Switching teams was jarring. After spending hours twitch-shooting Elites, you're suddenly fighting alongside them. It was a lovely idea, narrative-wise; the execution was lacking.

--

-Peter Hitchens

TheUnabridgedGamer
Dec 30 2011, 11:06am Anchor
Ambient_Malice wrote:Let's be realistic. Switching teams was jarring. After spending hours twitch-shooting Elites, you're suddenly fighting alongside them. It was a lovely idea, narrative-wise; the execution was lacking.

I actually entirely anticipated an Elite being somehow protagonistic in Halo 2. I was astounded when I looked up the sequel (which at that time, I hadn't played yet) and found almost every assumption I had made about the future of the series was correct. I even anticipated Miranda Keyes betraying Master Chief, which almost got in the plot because the writer had just broken up with his girlfriend and was pissed. I understand though that alot of people didn't see it coming. still, they -do- spend the entire intro sequence transitioning between MC and Arbiter.

Dec 31 2011, 2:32am Anchor
Ambient_Malice wrote:Let's be realistic. Switching teams was jarring. After spending hours twitch-shooting Elites, you're suddenly fighting alongside them. It was a lovely idea, narrative-wise; the execution was lacking.

It's not that bad. It's hardly the first game to do it either.

--

TheUnabridgedGamer
Dec 31 2011, 10:13am Anchor
masternerdguy wrote:

It's not that bad. It's hardly the first game to do it either.

Yeah, the in the opening of Killzone 3 you start out seemingly stuck now on the Helghast side (Look up the first part of the game to know what I'm talking about), when up until then you were ISA. Also, Heavy Rain did a similar thing at more than one point.

Jan 12 2012, 5:59pm Anchor

I will definitely play Halo 4 if and only if it is released for pc.

Jan 12 2012, 6:05pm Anchor
Fahim96 wrote:I will definitely play Halo 4 if and only if it is released for pc.

i highly doubt it will be released for pc which is a total shame as the first and second games were on pc and i really enjoyed them.

--

hollowminds
hollowminds Killer of threads
Jan 12 2012, 11:38pm Anchor

It's always been an alright game to shoot my friends in, so probably, just not going to rush and get it the day its out.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jan 13 2012, 9:57am Anchor
hollowminds wrote:It's always been an alright game to shoot my friends in, so probably, just not going to rush and get it the day its out.

Maybe 3 years after they release it, they'll make a demo. Apparently developers now think that's the only way you should handle a demo (not, ya know, let us try your game before we buy it or anything!)

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.