Forum Thread
by member
Will you play Halo 4? (Forums : Console Gaming : Will you play Halo 4?) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jul 11 2012, 5:11pm Anchor

Halo's multiplayer is ironically at its best when you roleplay in it. Seriously, get a band of people together, and suddenly with dialogue and context, it isn't just a no-scope fest. I've never gotten to do co-op due to only having PC.

Jul 11 2012, 7:53pm Anchor

Reqieumthefallen wrote:I've never gotten to do co-op due to only having PC.

What a bummer, that's the best part for me. It can be a lot of fun with the right people.

Reqieumthefallen wrote:Halo's multiplayer is ironically at its best when you roleplay in it.

Really? I've never tried roleplaying in Halo before, I guess I've never had the right company for that.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jul 11 2012, 9:06pm Anchor
FightDr wrote:
Reqieumthefallen wrote:I've never gotten to do co-op due to only having PC.

What a bummer, that's the best part for me. It can be a lot of fun with the right people.

Reqieumthefallen wrote:Halo's multiplayer is ironically at its best when you roleplay in it.

Really? I've never tried roleplaying in Halo before, I guess I've never had the right company for that.

I always love doing a RvB inspired style, it works very well. I once played a character named Hippie who kept trying to park the Warthogs in the base. Drove the staff sargent in that RP nuts.

Jul 11 2012, 10:31pm Anchor
Reqieumthefallen wrote:I always love doing a RvB inspired style, it works very well. I once played a character named Hippie who kept trying to park the Warthogs in the base. Drove the staff sargent in that RP nuts.

Ha, gotta love that RvB.

Jul 11 2012, 11:19pm Anchor

My gamertag used to be Private Donut XD

Edited by: x3nu

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jul 12 2012, 2:42pm Anchor
l0rdx3nu wrote:My gamertag used to be Private Donut XD

I'm more of a Caboose man, myself.

"Not my fault, someone put a wall in my way."

"I drove the tank and helped everyone. Well, I helped some people. Okay, let me put it this way, some people got helped, some people didn't.... the details aren't really important"

Jul 12 2012, 11:26pm Anchor
Reqieumthefallen wrote:I'm more of a Caboose man, myself.

Love 'em. Immensely.

Jul 13 2012, 5:34pm Anchor
l0rdx3nu wrote:
*snipped out the multiplayer footage*
Looks good, kinda all over the place, though, less controlled than Bungie's . Biggest dislike is the new announcer voice. He sounds horrid. Please get the old guy back.

I really don't like the electrical arcs between the covenant vehicle and the ground.

--

All posts are phase shifted and routed through the main deflector dish for quality assurance purposes.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jul 15 2012, 5:42pm Anchor
masternerdguy wrote:
l0rdx3nu wrote:
*snipped out the multiplayer footage*
Looks good, kinda all over the place, though, less controlled than Bungie's . Biggest dislike is the new announcer voice. He sounds horrid. Please get the old guy back.

I really don't like the electrical arcs between the covenant vehicle and the ground.

...taking nitpicking to a whole new level, sir. I didn't even spot that, and I am masterful at nitpicking.

Jul 17 2012, 5:06am Anchor

maybe I will try

Aug 4 2012, 2:32am Anchor

halo is nice i would play halo 4 but they need to change the story a little bit like the whole story is about master cheif they need a twist

Aug 5 2012, 2:59pm Anchor

I'll definitely be picking up Halo 4.  I'm actually kind of happy that 343 is taking over from Bungie. Bungie made some absolutely brilliant games, but they seem to have tapered off a bit. The consensus in the competitive Halo community is that Bungie dropped the ball a little bit with Reach in terms of multiplayer balance.  ODST was kind of a weird little expansion pack that got turned into a game.  343 seems to be doing a good job with Halo 4 from what I've seen.  I'm glad to be getting out of this prequel business where you already know how the game is going to end.

Aug 8 2012, 7:19am Anchor

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't go as far with the concept as I'd have liked. Still want to play it though.

Edited by: SabreXT

Ronnie42
Ronnie42 Forerunner
Aug 19 2012, 8:51pm Anchor
ClandestineStudios wrote:I'll definitely be picking up Halo 4.  I'm actually kind of happy that 343 is taking over from Bungie. Bungie made some absolutely brilliant games, but they seem to have tapered off a bit. The consensus in the competitive Halo community is that Bungie dropped the ball a little bit with Reach in terms of multiplayer balance.

343i aren't perfect since they tried to clear up Bungie's mess but ended up mostly removing all the dlc playlists which was kind of insulting to most dedicated fans. I'm still looking forward to halo 4 but hoping they don't pull any similar stunts.

--

Doom Compile Project: link              Original Game's Design project: link         

Aug 20 2012, 1:22am Anchor

Haha, well, just lost my Xbox... looks like no Halo 4 for me...

Ronnie42
Ronnie42 Forerunner
Aug 22 2012, 8:07am Anchor
x3nu wrote:Haha, well, just lost my Xbox... looks like no Halo 4 for me...

Your in luck since there's the halo 4 limited edition console. :de::D

--

TheUnabridgedGamer
Aug 22 2012, 11:05am Anchor
ronnie42 wrote:

Oh yes, because in this economy it's great fun having to rebuy a console.

Although we are talking about a 360, so I guess it ironically makes sense.

Ronnie42
Ronnie42 Forerunner
Aug 22 2012, 7:53pm Anchor
Reqieumthefallen wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Well in this terrible economy people seem to be able to most new games, consoles can be bought at roughly the prices of buying 2 new games.
Oh, some people seem to somehow afford a ps3/360 while I have the 360. Anyway isn't that what we invented university grants for? lol

--

TheUnabridgedGamer
Aug 22 2012, 9:03pm Anchor
ronnie42 wrote:
Reqieumthefallen wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Well in this terrible economy people seem to be able to most new games, consoles can be bought at roughly the prices of buying 2 new games.
Oh, some people seem to somehow afford a ps3/360 while I have the 360. Anyway isn't that what we invented university grants for? lol

Uhh... I gotta ask and I'm really not trying to sound insulting here but... was that supposed to sound witty? I am seriously asking this because it came off a tad disorganized. :S

Edited by: TheUnabridgedGamer

Aug 22 2012, 9:56pm Anchor

:de::D

:de:

Ronnie42
Ronnie42 Forerunner
Aug 28 2012, 12:13pm Anchor
x3nu wrote::de::D

:de:

Exactly. :de: :paranoid:

--

Dec 5 2012, 2:16am Anchor

Not to jump in here long after this thread died, but I've been playing Halo 4 and I love it! :D

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Dec 5 2012, 8:54am Anchor

I've started playing it and think quite little of it.

Dec 5 2012, 9:53am Anchor

Of curse :D

Dec 14 2012, 2:40am Anchor

After having played it extensivley, and also liking it, I would like more competitiveness in it, atleast in Infinity Slayer, the concept of random weapon dropping in randomly is good, but it hurts balance immensly. Now if there was an icon like half a minute before the drop that'd be visible for everyone on the map, that'd be a whole different thing.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.