Forum Thread
by member
Will you play Halo 4? (Forums : Console Gaming : Will you play Halo 4?) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Sep 5 2011, 4:09pm Anchor
masternerdguy wrote:
Taxikiller wrote:I'm sure going to buy Halo 4 I have every Halo that is available (Halo Combat Evolved PC, Halo Combat Evolved Xbox, Halo 2, Halo 2 Limted Edition, Halo 2 Multiplayer Mappack, Halo 2 Vista, Halo 3, Halo 3 limited Edition, Halo 3 Collectors Edition, Halowars Limted Edition, Halowars, Halo 3 ODST, Limited Edition, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Rech Limited Edition, Halo Reach Collectors Edition, Halo Reach.) What I dont get is that they already enough Halo 5 + 6 without even have a retail Halo 4, what if Halo 4 is going to sold bad and get bad reviews when its got released? you make a crappy game and because you said we are going to make Halo 5 + 6 people are not expecting much of it anymore because Halo 4 was just bad, I'm not saying that it is going to be bad but its weird to already enough 2 more games without finish your first project.

Hey, dude, there are other games besides halo :)

There are? If only there were a website where I could read about them...

Sep 5 2011, 11:24pm Anchor

Wait, so that means he spent like (thinking USD) 700+ if he bought them all on release. Holy s***.

Edited by: x3nu

TheUnabridgedGamer
Sep 6 2011, 9:37am Anchor
l0rdx3nu wrote:Wait, so that means he spent like (thinking USD) 700+ if he bought them all on release. Holy s***.

Eh, now there's the one thing where he may have been smarter. I know of a store that has a legendary edition of Halo: Reach that's just sitting around and lowering in price (now if only that oversized box contained an Xbox 360 in it to go along with the game... then -maybe- I'd consider it...). I know of someone also from my old RPG group who got Halo Wars' special edition for just 50 bucks from Game Stop.

Buying on release is just crazy these days.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Sep 6 2011, 11:06am Anchor

The Halo 4 creative director quit today. That's always a good sign things are going well..

TheUnabridgedGamer
Sep 6 2011, 11:36am Anchor
ambershee wrote:The Halo 4 creative director quit today. That's always a good sign things are going well..

Well, he/she wanted to do a few things different from the standard Halo formula (for example, focusing a more introspective look at Master Chief, a character who was made popular by having almost no characterization...), so it may or may not hinder the project.

Yes, I just said that a series should stick somewhat with its roots. How would you like it if Dead Space 3 was an action platformer? I certainly wouldn't want that.

Sep 6 2011, 12:48pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:
ambershee wrote:The Halo 4 creative director quit today. That's always a good sign things are going well..

Well, he/she wanted to do a few things different from the standard Halo formula (for example, focusing a more introspective look at Master Chief, a character who was made popular by having almost no characterization...), so it may or may not hinder the project.

Yes, I just said that a series should stick somewhat with its roots. How would you like it if Dead Space 3 was an action platformer? I certainly wouldn't want that.

How would you feel if Deadspace Wars was an RTS?

--

All posts are phase shifted and routed through the main deflector dish for quality assurance purposes.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Sep 6 2011, 3:56pm Anchor
masternerdguy wrote:
Paradigmthefallen wrote:

How would you feel if Deadspace Wars was an RTS?

Deadspace's present model wouldn't work as an RTS. It's about precise shooting and item managment. The best case scenario... one person micromanages a team of survivors (at max 7) and the other person controls necromorphs and the environment (at least initially).

If they did that, then maybe I'd let it go by. Otherwise, I'd avoid it like the plague.

Sep 6 2011, 5:59pm Anchor

Xbox360.ign.com Here we go. :D like ambershee said. Looks like they are getting sick of Halo themselves.

Sep 6 2011, 9:32pm Anchor

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Sep 6 2011, 10:26pm Anchor
Icedecknight wrote:Xbox360.ign.com Here we go. :D like ambershee said. Looks like they are getting sick of Halo themselves.

Based on both the "pro" videos they advertised below the article, and the fact IGN has led my wrong with 3 of their reviews... I barely even consider them valid in discussion.

But aye x3nu, too much of a good thing is bad. Imagine if they had made a LEGO Starwars III (and still didn't include an editor). Oh wait... ****

Sep 6 2011, 10:28pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:But aye x3nu, too much of a good thing is bad. Imagine if they had made a LEGO Starwars III (and still didn't include an editor). Oh wait... ****

Wait, LSW3 doesn't have a level editor? I thought it did...(Haven't played it yet, as I haven't found it on sale anywhere)

TheUnabridgedGamer
Sep 6 2011, 10:30pm Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:
Paradigmthefallen wrote:But aye x3nu, too much of a good thing is bad. Imagine if they had made a LEGO Starwars III (and still didn't include an editor). Oh wait... ****

Wait, LSW3 doesn't have a level editor? I thought it did...(Haven't played it yet, as I haven't found it on sale anywhere)

They outright said in a Dev diary that it was supposed to...

And then, like Lucas Arts always does, they cut it because they wanted to release the game sooner than it should be.

Nevermind that people have even figured out how to make levels emulative of -Deadspace- in appearance with the Indiana Jones 2 level editor. It'd be crazy talk to put it in a game with RTS elements in it. Whoever made a level editor for an RTS?

Edited by: TheUnabridgedGamer

Sep 6 2011, 10:32pm Anchor
Paradigmthefallen wrote:And then, like Lucas Arts always does, they cut it because they wanted to release the game sooner than it should be.

*Sits silently for a moment*

:idea:

*Takes a big muddy boot, and throws it into the LucasArts HQ, hitting the leader dude in the back of the head*

:D

K, I'm good. Back to topic...

Sep 7 2011, 12:14am Anchor

I'm kind of torn on this, because I love the Halo universe and want to see more of it, but I'm not sure a second major trilogy about the same character is necessary.

Imagine if a few years after Tolkein finished writing "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, his publishers told a completely different author to write three more books about what happens to Frodo and Gandalf next. That's what this game feels like to me.

Sep 7 2011, 12:24am Anchor
JM_Scion wrote:I'm kind of torn on this, because I love the Halo universe and want to see more of it, but I'm not sure a second major trilogy about the same character is necessary.

Imagine if a few years after Tolkein finished writing "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, his publishers told a completely different author to write three more books about what happens to Frodo and Gandalf next. That's what this game feels like to me.

I think a more accurate comparison would be a sequel to the original SW trilogy, continuing Luke and Han's story. It could be good, but it could be horrible. (I think it's a better comparison, because there is actually room there for a sequel, unlike in LotR, where Gandalf and Frodo leave Middle Earth)

Sep 7 2011, 3:44am Anchor

I lost interest at ODST, how many halo games will follow? Do they really need to depend on that name?

Sep 7 2011, 7:53am Anchor
LR01 wrote:I lost interest at ODST, how many halo games will follow? Do they really need to depend on that name?

As many as the kiddies can make their parents buy.

--

All posts are phase shifted and routed through the main deflector dish for quality assurance purposes.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Sep 7 2011, 10:50am Anchor
GarynDakari wrote:
JM_Scion wrote:I'm kind of torn on this, because I love the Halo universe and want to see more of it, but I'm not sure a second major trilogy about the same character is necessary.

I think a more accurate comparison would be a sequel to the original SW trilogy, continuing Luke and Han's story. It could be good, but it could be horrible. (I think it's a better comparison, because there is actually room there for a sequel, unlike in LotR, where Gandalf and Frodo leave Middle Earth)

On the matter of LotR:
Actually, my dad did tell me once that they do come back at a later time. It's a bit different, though, in story

masternerdguy wrote:
LR01 wrote:I lost interest at ODST, how many halo games will follow? Do they really need to depend on that name?

As many as the kiddies can make their parents buy.

The same goes for CoD and most Lucas Arts games.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Sep 7 2011, 11:23am Anchor

I have just realised that a Lego RTS would be the best game ever.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Sep 7 2011, 12:53pm Anchor
ambershee wrote:I have just realised that a Lego RTS would be the best game ever.

There is one for the DS. Lego Battles. It apparently actually is surprisingly indepth.

Now if only LEGO remembered there are those of us who'd play that on the PC...

Sep 7 2011, 3:38pm Anchor

While on LEGOs... I'd like to see something like the Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts vehicle creator; but with more pieces, lot more complexity, and of course, LEGOs.

Sep 7 2011, 3:58pm Anchor

Only problem with a lego rts is that you'd be able to build your own units.

And they'd have to actually BEHAVE like you expected!

--

Joe_Shmoe
Joe_Shmoe working on something =P
Sep 7 2011, 5:16pm Anchor

:confused: Uhm... Dont you guys think your off topic just a weeee bit?

--

User Posted Image

"Mapping is like a book, a map should tell a story without the need to explain anything to the player, instead it should immerse the player into a virtual world and let their imagination do the rest"

TheUnabridgedGamer
Sep 7 2011, 5:36pm Anchor
masternerdguy wrote:Only problem with a lego rts is that you'd be able to build your own units.

And they'd have to actually BEHAVE like you expected!

If they can make Spore's animation work as well as it does, then I imagine that they could make the LEGOs work right. I seem to remember there being rumors of a way to modify vehicles and buildings in the LEGO managment game Rock Raiders.

Edited by: TheUnabridgedGamer

Inbredguppey
Inbredguppey The Shaemon
Sep 7 2011, 6:59pm Anchor

Enough with the legos, jeez.

Anywho, I would definately play halo 4 and all of its predecessors, no matter how bad they get, simply because I am collecting all of the halo games.
Otherwise, I seem to be leaning towards the horror games other than the shooters.

--

-Peace Off!
- - - - -
HP DV6 Quad Edition, AMD A8 3510mx (4 CPUs) 1.8/2.8GHz , AMD Radeon(tm) HD 6620g, 8GB Memory, 621GB HDD.
- - - - - - - - - 

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.