Forum Thread
by member
Will you play Halo 4? (Forums : Console Gaming : Will you play Halo 4?) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ambient_Malice
Ambient_Malice Ultraconservative Hippie Freak
Jan 13 2012, 10:03am Anchor

You know... if not for the Halo 1 PC demo, I never would've played any of the Halo games.

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Jan 15 2012, 9:54am Anchor
Ambient_Malice wrote:You know... if not for the Halo 1 PC demo, I never would've played any of the Halo games.

Microsoft will be at your door any minute threatening you to be silent now, I'll betchya.

Feb 9 2012, 3:56am Anchor

I've not played halo 3 game yet but I wanna play this game....Can I play this game on Xbox 360??? because i don't know much about that...........

Online Youth and Career Magazine for the youth

Ozi
Ozi
Feb 9 2012, 7:21am Anchor

I'm not owning game console since 98, no halo 4 for me. But I have tried first one in the past, and level design was so bad (lot of copypasta one fragment over and over again) that I never finished it.

Edited by: Ozi

Ambient_Malice
Feb 9 2012, 7:29am Anchor
Ozi wrote:I'm not owning game console since 98, no halo 4 for me. But I have tried first one in the past, and level design was so bad (lot of copypasta one fragment over and over again) that I never finished it.

Halo was sort of a Tech Demo for the Xbox. It was real purty, but repetitive. I mean, it fits on a single 650MB CD. Halo 2 was immense compared.

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

Feb 9 2012, 8:24am Anchor
Ozi wrote:I'm not owning game console since 98, no halo 4 for me. But I have tried first one in the past, and level design was so bad (lot of copypasta one fragment over and over again) that I never finished it.

Not to mention the library.

"This is the first of 10!"

--

All posts are phase shifted and routed through the main deflector dish for quality assurance purposes.

Feb 9 2012, 1:34pm Anchor

I am a very big halo fan, and of course Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 where the best.

ODST was just not fun, and it didn't fell like a halo game.
Halo reach was pretty good but then again it didn't fell like a halo game.

so for halo 4 i just don't know, Halo was bungies game. but i will play it when it comes out.

Feb 11 2012, 1:10am Anchor
masternerdguy wrote:

Not to mention the library.

"This is the first of 10!"

I remember spending around 4 hours trying to beat that level on legendary... spent a good chunk of it on the top floor in the last stretch, trying to run past the last 20 or so flood that can kill you instantly. About the hardest damn thing I've ever played.

Ambient_Malice
Feb 11 2012, 6:42am Anchor

All those hours wasted gaining corridor by painful corridor on Legendary. Shuddering every time someone whispers, "Plasma Grenade behind you."

And for what? A man and an Elite having a hug? My pain and suffering rewarded with something I coulda found on DeviantArt?

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

TheUnabridgedGamer
Feb 11 2012, 10:54am Anchor
Ambient_Malice wrote:All those hours wasted gaining corridor by painful corridor on Legendary. Shuddering every time someone whispers, "Plasma Grenade behind you."

And for what? A man and an Elite having a hug? My pain and suffering rewarded with something I coulda found on DeviantArt?

It was Bungie's idea of a humorous hint to the twist in Halo 2-3. Frankly, I actually plotted out almost everything that was coming in Halo's storyline (seriously, I was amazed how spot-on I was about predicting it). My only disappointment is that it seems like the only way Halo can resolve a character arc is with the character dying or being about as good as dead as far as the main plot is concerned...

epicbox
epicbox Mastermind
Feb 14 2012, 7:58pm Anchor

Halo 4 is being developed by a new company; it might turn out better (or worse) than we expected. I'll wait for more trailers/gameplay demos. I most likely will, though.

--

Are you in or out?

Feb 14 2012, 9:38pm Anchor

Honestly Halo 4 is going to be the franchise's Episode 1 or ST: Enterprise.

--

All posts are phase shifted and routed through the main deflector dish for quality assurance purposes.

Ronnie42
Ronnie42 Forerunner
Mar 9 2012, 6:01pm Anchor

Halo is awesome, of course I'll be playing Halo 4, hopefully will do the legendary run within the first week of release.

--

Doom Compile Project: link              Original Game's Design project: link         

TheUnabridgedGamer
Mar 9 2012, 6:49pm Anchor
masternerdguy wrote:Honestly Halo 4 is going to be the franchise's Episode 1 or ST: Enterprise.

I'll have you know I liked Star Trek: Enterprise. *smacks him with a fedora hat*

Mar 22 2012, 7:44pm Anchor

I will. Halo has always been a good franchise. And the plot and gameplay have always been fun and have stolen hundreds of hours from my life. Halo 4 might be bad, but its part of a good franchise and looks promising. not to mention it has frank o'connor working on it, so atleast he familiar with the series. it will be atleast worth a try.

Jun 13 2012, 7:21pm Anchor

I will most likely play it just for the story line and call it quits. I didn't really care too much for the online play on most of the Halo games.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jun 13 2012, 8:15pm Anchor
Soulin wrote:I will most likely play it just for the story line and call it quits. I didn't really care too much for the online play on most of the Halo games.

The cooperative Spartan Ops mode also has the option to be played in SP fashion (it will likely have a minor rebalance and one or two pieces of different dialogue as a result but pretty much the same). and they're releasing Spartans Ops for free, and it's going to be going on for about 3-6 months, I think.

Jun 26 2012, 8:26pm Anchor
epicbox wrote:Halo 4 is being developed by a new company; it might turn out better (or worse) than we expected. I'll wait for more trailers/gameplay demos. I most likely will, though.

Which is basically full of old Bungie employees. Don't worry, I think Halo 4 will come out great.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jun 27 2012, 7:19pm Anchor
Tufst1.1 wrote:
epicbox wrote:Halo 4 is being developed by a new company; it might turn out better (or worse) than we expected. I'll wait for more trailers/gameplay demos. I most likely will, though.

Which is basically full of old Bungie employees. Don't worry, I think Halo 4 will come out great.

Some, not all. I do expect good things from 343, though. They've got some serious potential and ambition.

Jun 29 2012, 2:05pm Anchor

Thoughts?

The new branch of forerunner weapons is exiting. I'm not sure how I feel about them becoming the new enemy, though. And why is he fighting the Covenant? What happened to the alliance?

Graphics looks great. Animation looks a lot more fluid. I wonder if this wasn't rendered on 360 hardware.

I'm still not liking the idea of the story going more in into the Chief's character. He was made to be hollow for a reason. I don't think this will feel anything like Bungie's Halo.

Edited by: x3nu

TheUnabridgedGamer
Jun 29 2012, 2:51pm Anchor

@l0rdx3nu

Why Chief is fighting the Cov -- this is a splinter faction, based on all that's been seen. As a result they are separate from Arbiter. I mean, think about it, there were grunts who both left the Covenant and stayed with it, there might have even been -some- Elites who proved they stood with the Covenant to the bitter end.

The new forerunner opponents -- it's better than the Flood, lets put it that way. These enemies will be a great deal more challenging in a thinking-man's sort of way.

Chief's character -- they've actually already investigated in other materials into Master Chief John's past, including even showing his face as a teenager and as a kid on Reach. That was in comics, and some bits and pieces in novels though. There's also one that pretty m uch shows us what was supposed to be the actual final level in Halo 2 (Chief had pretty much a whole other boss fight and at least one level that got cut).

My biggest concern -- notice how Chief suddenly is sprinting? That, along with the melee combat, looks eerily like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3. I love both of those games, but Halo shouldn't start taking aspects from them that change the fundamentals of the game. If they wanna add a section in a snow tundra like Helghan or 6 new weapons like from Insomniac, fine, but if the game doesn't, at its core, feel the same, I worry a little for its identity.

Also, MP looks -alot- more like Killzone 3 meets Halo 3.

Jun 29 2012, 4:42pm Anchor
Reqieumthefallen wrote:The new forerunner opponents -- it's better than the Flood, lets put it that way. These enemies will be a great deal more challenging in a thinking-man's sort of way.

That probe chucking the returning grenades and generating shields is pretty clever. +1 design for 343.

Reqieumthefallen wrote:Chief's character -- they've actually already investigated in other materials into Master Chief John's past, including even showing his face as a teenager and as a kid on Reach. That was in comics, and some bits and pieces in novels though. There's also one that pretty m uch shows us what was supposed to be the actual final level in Halo 2 (Chief had pretty much a whole other boss fight and at least one level that got cut).

Aye, I know of these. A large section in Halo: The Fall Reach is over Chief's training. My concern is, gameplay wise, that you will not really feel like you are the Chief, which is why Bungie designed him to be silent.

Reqieumthefallen wrote:My biggest concern -- notice how Chief suddenly is sprinting? That, along with the melee combat, looks eerily like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3.

I believe the sprinting is an armor ability like in Reach, only the icon above the motion tracker doesn't change... I haven't played Killzone 3, so I can't make that comparison.

Did a little searching, found a trailer for "War Games"?...

Looks good, kinda all over the place, though, less controlled than Bungie's . Biggest dislike is the new announcer voice. He sounds horrid. Please get the old guy back.

Ronnie42
Ronnie42 Forerunner
Jul 2 2012, 6:55pm Anchor

Actually quite excited about this.

--

Doom Compile Project: link              Original Game's Design project: link         

Jul 11 2012, 12:31pm Anchor
l0rdx3nu wrote:Biggest dislike is the new announcer voice. He sounds horrid. Please get the old guy back.

It's the same announcer as in previous installments of the series.

Jul 11 2012, 2:22pm Anchor

Though I dislike the idea that Halo 4 won't be developed by Bungie, I'm still rather excited for the release. 

Reqieumthefallen wrote:The new forerunner opponents -- it's better than the Flood, lets put it that way. These enemies will be a great deal more challenging in a thinking-man's sort of way.

I agree, these new enemies will, in MO, make the game more exciting and challenging. The Flood were rather mindless and focused mainly on the Horde aspect of fighting. Continious amounts of vile creatures, all sent out at the same time in an attempt to overwhelm you. I'm looking forward to fighting these new opponents though I'm a little curious as to why we are fighting the Forerunners in the first place...?

l0rdx3nu wrote:I believe the sprinting is an armor ability like in Reach, only the icon above the motion tracker doesn't change... I haven't played Killzone 3, so I can't make that comparison.

I haven't played Killzone 3 or Resistance 3, so I can't really compare, but I believe that they're going to develop the idea of "abilities" in the armor such as the sprinting. I wouldn't be suprised if I saw more of this later.

l0rdx3nu wrote:Graphics looks great. Animation looks a lot more fluid. I wonder if this wasn't rendered on 360 hardware.

The animations suprised me a bit. The use of animations mid-combat like that is somewhat unusual for the Halo series I think. The graphics look beautiful but I'm not suprised with all the visual development going on these days. 

l0rdx3nu wrote: Did a little searching, found a trailer for "War Games"?...

I was never a big fan of Halo multiplayer, I was in it more for the story and co-op. "War Games" looks to me like regular multiplayer TDM and FFA. The drop pod idea was interesting, but I feel as though they're trying to take successful aspects from other games and implement them into Halo 4.

l0rdx3nu wrote:Biggest dislike is the new announcer voice. He sounds horrid. Please get the old guy back.

Everytime I heard the Halo announcer I wanted to shoot myself. 'Nough said.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.