"Explore the island of Vvardenfell as you never have before, with a world built anew to be both alien and familiar to the Morrowind you knew before. New adventures await, with new exciting areas to see and explore, and new artifacts just waiting to be discovered. This is a complete overhaul for Morrowind, adding countless new details, weapons, armors and much more for you to see and do"
Morrowind Rebirth is a total overhaul for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the aim to enhance the gameplay by balancing certain aspects of the game, and by giving the player more to see and do. Morrowind Rebirth is the result of thousands of hours of modding, and is still a work in progress. For those of you who want more information about the specific changes in this modification, please refer to the following changelog: Moddb.com , read the feature list, and/or watch the video below for a general overview:
New encounters and places to visit
Explore the Island of Vvardenfell once again, but keep in mind that things are not what they used to be. New packs of bandits and creatures have made it more difficult to travel throughout the wilderness, new dark cults have formed, and it's harder than ever before to survive in an already alien and hostile environment.
Rebuilt cities with loads of details
Cities are no longer empty shells with a few NPCs wandering about. Expect a massive increase in detail including new traders, NPCs, houses, shops, Inns and an overall feel that cities are actually "alive". Almost all cities and settlements, including for example Balmora, Seyda Neen, Caldera, Ebonheart, Vos have been expanded or overhauled, without removing the charm of vanilla Morrowind. .
More than 20 new creatures to battle
Encounter new vicious creatures such as the mighty Draugr Deathlord, the chilling Frost Monarch or the agile Ash Scorpion. With more than 20 new creatures to battle the Island of Vvardenfell is more diverse than ever.
New weapons, armor and misc items
Battle your way throughout Vvardenfell with a vast array of new weapons and armor, both normal ones that complement existing sets, and uniques' that are far more powerful. A majority of the new items have been included in leveled lists, while some have been placed by hand, for a seamless experience.
New music, splashscreens and main menus
Included are a large number of new tracks, suited for both battles and for exploration, 11 new beautifully crafted splash screens, and two new main menu screens. These additons are optional, and not needed for the mod to function properly.
Better landscapes with less seams and floaters.
In Morrowind there were a lot of empty flat areas and very little efficiency in use of space. With Rebirth I've tried to eliminate these issues, giving each area a unique look. There has also been an effort to eliminate all texture seams and floaters throughout the world.
Balance tweaks and bugfixes
By playing Rebirth you will notice fixes for a large number of floaters, clipping meshes, miss-aligned objects and script/text bugs. Rebirth also includes balance tweaks to game settings, spells, weapons, armor, misc items, merchants etc to make the game more balanced and thus more enjoyable.
Installation and requirements
Please read the article "Installation & requirements", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Bugs and other issues
It's important that you, the players, provide me with feedback and support. Without it I might not be able to track down bugs introduced by Morrowind Rebirth. You're also welcome to report issues found in vanilla Morrowind. Post your bug-reports in the forum section here: Moddb.com , at nexus: Nexusmods.com or send me a personal message.
Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul and Morrowind Rebirth
Again, Morrowind Rebirth is nothing like MGSO. Rebirth is all about enhancing the in-game experience by overhauling cities/landscapes, by fixing bugs and balance issues, and by introducing new creatures, weapons and armor-pieces. MGSO as you might have noticed by now, is all about graphics and sound. Obviously there are some graphical elements in Rebirth, but these are mainly mesh-replacers, and are aimed to make the in-game models a bit easier on the eyes.
With that said, is Morrowind Rebirth compatible with MGSO? That depends! There are some things you need to do in order to avoid issues (though you may still experience some issues). Start by downloading MGSO, then click the installer, and follow the instructions until you reach to "custom option"-screen. Now keep in mind that you need to tick the "custom mod" option for each flora region. You will also need to deactivate grass by choosing "no grass" for both Vvardenfell and Solstheim. Last but not least. Do NOT tick "Animated Morrowind". It's not compatible with Morrowind Rebirth.
When you've completed the installation, please continue with Morrowind Rebirth. Extract the files to your Morrowind root folder as stated in the Morrowind Rebirth readme. If you're told to overwrite any files, press "no" (I've had a few people reporting that pressing "yes" might cause issues). There's also five plugins included in the MGSO archive that need to be removed: "Texture Fix 2.0.esm", "Poorly Placed Object Fix 1.2.esm", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm", "Windows Glow" and "Animated Morrowind". That should be it.
Old Save Games
Please read the article "How to update your old save game to a new version using Wyre Mash", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Morrowind Rebirth is a huge modification and will not work well with a lot of other mods, especially those that alter landscape or add new buildings. There's no list of specific mods that work with Rebirth, but the most popular ones like "Tamriel Rebuilt" and "LGNPC" should work just fine (minor issues). Mods that add or alter dialogue should work well too. If you have any other questions regarding mods and compatibility, let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.
Do not use "Morrowind Rebirth - Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta [Rebirth Edit]" included in the Morrowind Rebirth archive along with "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta [BTB Edit]", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.6 Beta" or the "Unofficial Morrowind Patch Project". Also note that "Texture Fix 2.0", "Poorly Placed Object Fix v1.2", "Windows Glow", and "Animated Morrowind" are not compatible with Morrowind Rebirth.
* Ajira will no longer sell Heather and Willow Flower since these are part of one of her quest "Four Types of Flowers". Also fixed an issue where the player were
unable to find Willow Flower in the correct location.
* Urzul gra-Agum, an orc warrior in Valenvaryon, was set as level 1. This appears to be a typo as this character is wearing a full set of orcish armor.
* Fixed all doors in Valenvarydon as they weren't properly attached to the door frames.
* Rising Force: Bargain duration was set to 30 instead of 8 (now 10, see below).
* Fixed two scripts connected to Bulfim gra-Shugharz and Lette.
* Added ownership to locked doors in Vos.
* Fixed several zero-locks.
* Fixed typos.
Morrowind Rebirth Fixes
* Removed some NPCs (guards and random commoners) from Vivec Entrance. This should improve performance in this cell.
* Several corrections to the "destination" topic, which didn't match the actual destinations you were able to go to.
* Fixed the entrance to Aharnabi and Dareleth Ancestral Tomb (partially), which was blocked by terrain.
* Ald'ruhn's "Guard Tower 1" had its top exterior hatch sunken into its architecture.
* Fixed incorrect damage output for Spark/Flame/Shard/Viperscythe (now matches Steel Dai-Katana).
* Ebony Broadsword weight from 32 to 30 (now matches two other entries).
* Mephala's Teacher weight from 30 to 32 (now matches two other entries).
* Last Rites health from 1600 to 1500 (now matches two other entries).
* Iron Shardsword, Iron Vipersword and Iron Flamesword had the wrong icon.
* Tralen, the smith in Balmora, will no longer sell a ton of broken stuff.
* Odril, Seyda Neen, was mistakenly set as a trader.
* Hundreds of landscape fixes and improvements.
Morrowind Rebirth Changes
* You can now get a full set of Morag Tong armor by visiting Morag Tong Guild Halls. These pieces are not given for free until you've reached the rank "Brother", unless you find a set somewhere in the gameworld that is..
* Travel costs for using boats/silt strider/mages guild travel-services have been raised somewhat.
* Fatigue returned per second while walking changed from 0.0200 to 0.0300.
* Minimal runspeed from 115 to 120 (initial starting speed).
* Low level Dark Brotherhood assassins are now somewhat stronger.
* Regular rats are no longer hostile.
Morrowind Rebirth Additions
* Bernadette's Import, Vivec Entrance, has recived a shipment of rare goods. Be sure to check it out.
* Overhauled Seyda Neen somewhat to make it feel less cramped (more fps as a bonus!).
* Molag Amur overhaul [ALPHA] with new content featuring:
- Improved landscape with less floating objects, texture seams, bleeding meshes etc.
- A new fort, Fort Ashmoth, haunted by the undead [ALPHA - no interior atm].
* Added a connecting road to Vivec's east entrance.
* Added more clutter in Ald Velothi.
* Misc additions here and there.
* New unique items:
- Ring of Blind Faith
- Nightbane [Sword]
* New creature:
- Earth Atronach
* The Tower
- Tower Key: Open from 50 to 75.
* The Lord
- Blood of the North: Restore Health duration from 30 to 10.
- Blood of the North: Restore Health magnitude from 2 to 5.
- Trollkin: Weakness to Fire from 100 to 50.
* Ash Vampire health standardized from 500/550/600 to 800.
* Ash Vampire speed from 4 to 15.
* Reduced Scamp fireball damage.
* A Carved Ebony Dart value from 2000 to 200.
* Ebony Throwing Star value from 250 to 175
* Ebony Dart value from 175 to 200.
* Skull Crusher weight from 34 to 15.
* Sheogorath's Signet Ring value from 17750 to 8750.
* Necromancer's Amulet value from 9500 to 11250.
* Conoon Chodala's Boots value from 750 to 925.
* Caius' Black Pants value from 4 to 375.
* Caius' Black Shirt value from 4 to 350.
* Ring of Azura value from 8500 to 9750.
* Heart Ring value from 14500 to 10250.
* Bitter Hand value from 50 to 650
* Ember Hand value from 275 to 650
* Caius' Ring value from 5 to 625.
Spells (base cost)
* Cure Blight Disease base cost from 1000 to 700.
* Cure Common Disease base cost from 600 to 500.
* Drain Attribute base cost from 1.2 to 1.0.
* Command humanoid base cost from 5 to 4.
* Calm Creature base cost from 6 to 3.
* Calm Humanoid base cost from 6 to 3.
* Chameleon base cost from 1.3 to 1.1.
* Levitate base cost from 0.8 to 0.7.
* Dread Curse: Attribute (speed, strength etc) spell cost from 25 to 15.
* All premade levitate spells now have a duration of 30 seconds.
* Dread Curse: Fatigue/Magica spell cost from 20 to 15.
* Some minor tweaks to fire/poison/frost/shock spells.
* Ring of Kahjiit enchantment
- Fortify Attribute: Speed, duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Fortify Attribute: Speed, magnitude from 10-20 to 20-20.
- Invisibility duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
* Amulet of Opening enchantment:
- Open magnitude from 20 to 25.
* Stormforge enchantment:
- Lightning Shield changed to Weakness to Shock with a magnitude of 20-20 and duration of 5 seconds.
- Shock Damage magnitude from 15-30 to 5-10.
- Enchantment cost from 25 to 10.
* Mace of Slurring enchantment:
- Cast When Strikes changed to Cast When Used.
- Drain Skill: Speechcraft, duration from 10 to 30 seconds.
- Drain Skill: Speechcraft, magnitude from 10-20 to 20-20.
* Bitter Hand enchantment:
- Weakness to Poison duration from 15 to 30.
* Ember Hand enchantment:
- Weakness to Fire duration from 15 to 30.
* Conoon Chodala's Boots enchantment:
- Fortify Attribute: Endurance, duration from 30 to 60.
- Fortify Attribute: Speed, duration from 30 to 60.
* Sanit-Kil's Heart of Fire enchantment:
- Fortify Attribute: Willpower, duration from 15 to 30.
- Fortify Attribute: Willpower, magnitude from 20-30 to 15-30.
* Robe of Erur-Dan the Wise
- Fortify Attribute: Intelligence, duration from 20 to 60.
- Fortify Attribute: Intelligence, magnitude from 3-30 to 20-20.
* It's now possible (again) to create CE enchantments with Water Walking and Water Breathing.
I've always found most potions to be useless, mainly because the effects didn't last long enough (and sometimes the magnitude was too low), or simply because they were too expensive.
* Duration changes to resistance, shield, fortify skill, night-eye, feather, swift swim, spell absorption and light potions:
- Bargain: duration from 8 to 15
- Cheap: duration from 15 to 30
- Standard: duration from 30 to 45
- Quality: duration from 45 to 60
- Exclusive: duration from 60 to 75
* Spell Absorption: Bargain duration from 8 to 10.
* Rising force: Bargain duration from 8 to 10.
* Shadow: Bargain duration from 8 to 10.
* Reflect: Bargain duration from 8 to 10.
* Invisibility: Bargain duration from 8 to 10.
* Fortify Health: Bargain duration from 8 to 10.
* Fortify Magica: Bargain duration from 8 to 10
* Fortify Fatigue: Bargain duration from 8 to 10.
* Magnitude changes to to Restore Health/Magica potions:
- Bargain magnitude from 1 to 2 (5->10 health/magica).
- Cheap magnitude from 2 to 4 (10->20 health/magica).
- Standard magnitude from 10 to 8 (50->40 health/magica).
- Quality magnitude from 20 to 16 (100-> 80 health/magica).
- Exclusive magnitude from 40 to 20 (200->100 health/magica).
* Magnitude changes to Feather potions:
- Feather: Bargain magnitude from 5 to 20.
- Feather: Cheap magnitude from 8 to 40
- Feather: Standard magnitude from 10 to 60
- Feather: Quality magnitude from 15 to 80.
- Feather: Exclusive magnitude from 20 to 100.
* Telvanni Bug Musk magnitude from 40 to 30.
* Value changes to most potions:
- Bargain: - value unchanged (5).
- Cheap: value unchanged (15).
- Standard: value from 35 to 30.
- Quality: value from 80 to 60.
- Exclusive: value from 175 to 90.
* Shein, Mazte, Greef value from 30 to 35.
* Telvanni Bug Musk value from 100 to 80.
* Cyrodiilic Brandy value from 75 to 60.
* Skooma value from 125 to 100.
* Sujamma value from 30 to 40.
* Scrolls are no longer commonware in smugglers' crates.
* Hound Meat spawn chance from 50 % none to 25 % none.
* Guar meat spawn chance from 50 % none to 25 % none.
* Pearl spawn chance from 50 % none to 75 % none.
* New models for Guarcart, Corkbulb, Trama Root, Stone Flower, Golden Kanet, Hlaalu Door, Common Door, Velothi Door and many others..
* New model for the sword: "Truthseeker".
Have fun guys!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.