1) Morrowind Rebirth is nothing like MGSO. Rebirth is all about enhancing the in-game experience by overhauling cities/landscapes, by fixing bugs and balance issues, and by introducing new creatures, weapons and armor-pieces. MGSO as you might have noticed by now, is all about graphics and sound. Obviously there are some graphical elements in Rebirth, but these are mainly mesh-replacers, and are aimed to make the in-game models a bit easier on the eyes.
2) Morrowind Rebirth is not a mod-compilation. Yes there are a few mods included in Rebirth, but I wouldn't call that a compilation. This mod was made by hand, using assets and resources made by Bethesda and the Morrowind community.
Please keep in mind that this mod is a work in progress, meaning that things can and will change. For those of you who want more information about the changes in this modification, please refer to the changelog, which can be found here: Moddb.com
New encounters and places to visit
Explore the Island of Vvardenfell once again, but keep in mind that things are not what they used to be. New packs of bandits and villains have more difficult to travel throughout the wilderness, new dark cults have formed, and it's harder than ever before to survive in an already dark and hostile environment.
Rebuilt cities with loads of details
Cities are no longer empty shells with a few NPCs wandering about. Expect a massive increase in detail including new traders, NPCs, houses, shops, Inns and an overall feel that cities are actually "alive".
More than 20 new creatures to battle
Encounter new vicious creatures such as the mighty Draugr Deathlord, the chilling Frost Monarch or the agile Ash Scorpion. Beware, these foes are not to be taken lightly!
New weapons, armor and misc items
Battle your way throughout Vvardenfell with a vast array of new weapons and armor, both normal ones that complement existing sets, and uniques' that are far more powerful.
New music, splashscreens and main menus
Included are new tracks, suited for both battles and for exploration, 11 new beautifully crafted splash screens, and two new main menu screens. These additons are optional, and not needed for the mod to function properly.
Better landscapes with less seams and floaters.
In Morrowind there were a lot of empty flat areas and very little efficiency in use of space. With Rebirth I've tried to eliminate these issues, giving each area a unique look. There has also been an effort to eliminate all texture seams and floaters throughout the world.
Balance tweaks and bugfixes
Fixed a large number of floaters, reduced clipping meshes, corrected miss-aligned objects and fixed some script/text bugs. Also tweaked settings, spells, weapons, armor, misc items, merchants etc to make the game more balanced and thus more enjoyable.
It's important that you, the players, provide me with feedback and support. Without it I might not be able to track down bugs introduced by Morrowind Rebirth. You're also welcome to report issues found in vanilla Morrowind. Post your bug-reports in the forum section here: Moddb.com , at nexus: Nexusmods.com or send me a personal message.
Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul and Morrowind Rebirth
Again, Morrowind Rebirth is nothing like MGSO. Rebirth is all about enhancing the in-game experience by overhauling cities/landscapes, by fixing bugs and balance issues, and by introducing new creatures, weapons and armor-pieces. MGSO as you might have noticed by now, is all about graphics and sound. Obviously there are some graphical elements in Rebirth, but these are mainly mesh-replacers, and are aimed to make the in-game models a bit easier on the eyes.
With that said, is Morrowind Rebirth compatible with MGSO? That depends! There are some things you need to do in order to avoid issues (though you may still experience some issues). Start by downloading MGSO, then click the installer, and follow the instructions until you reach to "custom option"-screen. Now keep in mind that you need to tick the "custom mod" option for each flora region. You will also need to deactivate grass by choosing "no grass" for both Vvardenfell and Solstheim. Last but not least. Do NOT tick "Animated Morrowind". It's not compatible with Morrowind Rebirth.
When you've completed the installation, please continue with Morrowind Rebirth. Extract the files to your Morrowind root folder as stated in the Morrowind Rebirth readme. If you're told to overwrite any files, press "no" (I've had a few people reporting that pressing "yes" might cause issues). There's also five plugins included in the MGSO archive that need to be removed: "Texture Fix 2.0.esm", "Poorly Placed Object Fix 1.2.esm", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm", "Windows Glow" and "Animated Morrowind". That should be it.
Old Save Games
Please read the article "How to update your old save game to a new version using Wyre Mash", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Installation and requirements
Please read the article "Installation & requirements", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Morrowind Rebirth is a huge modification and will not work well with a lot of other mods, especially those that alter landscape or add new buildings. There's no list of specific mods that work with Rebirth, but the most popular ones like "Tamriel Rebuilt" and "LGNPC" should work just fine (minor issues). Mods that add or alter dialogue should work well too. If you have any other questions regarding mods and compatibility, let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.
Do not use "Morrowind Rebirth - Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta [Rebirth Edit]" included in the Morrowind Rebirth archive along with "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta [BTB Edit]", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.6 Beta" or the "Unofficial Morrowind Patch Project". Also note that "Texture Fix 2.0", "Poorly Placed Object Fix v1.2", "Windows Glow", and "Animated Morrowind" are not compatible with Morrowind Rebirth.
* Fixed an issue with Mzahnch entrance, which wasn't properly attached to another mesh.
Morrowind Rebirth Fixes
* Fixed an issue where dialogue tells the player that: "Fort Buckmoth is the Imperial Legion's garrison for Redoran District. The fort lies south of Ald'ruhn, a short walk from Ald'ruhn's south gate.". The south gate doesn't exist in
* Fixed a door activator to "The Rift" which upon activation said "MR_Door_Altar" instead "Strange Altar".
* Arangaer, The Scribbled Scroll Balmora, will now react if you steal any of her items.
* Landscape fixes and improvements. Mainly in the Red Mountain Region.
* Fixed typos and inconsistencies in the book "Blacksmithing Tools".
* Added missing ownership flags for a bunch of items.
* 'Marelle' was set as male instead of female.
* Fixed pathgrids in Gnaar Mok.
Morrowind Rebirth Changes
* Overhauled content in traders chests. There's now a very low chance that traders will offer rare magic weapons and excellent weapons/armor such as glass/ebony etc. This should give you, the player, more reason to
visit traders every now and then.
* You should now succeed using Speechcraft actions at least 25 % of the time, although your actions won't be as impactful as in vanilla MW.
* A successful bribe of a 1000 gold will now give + 25 disposition instead of + 50.
* A successful bribe of 100 gold will now give a + 8 disposition instead of 15.
* A successful bribe of 10 gold will now give a + 2 disposition instead of 5.
* You will now need to be rank 'Warlock" in the Mages Guild to use Magic Circles. Thanks to 'fdm1' for the tweaked script!
Morrowind Rebirth Additions
* The Red Mountain overhaul is now out of BETA including fixes, improvements and small additions such as 6.th house shrines, hidden treasures, and other exciting stuff!
* Ald-Maaryon, a small outpost in the northern Ashlands. A place to restock or just take a quick brake from your adventures.
* Two new Bug Shields. These shields are only available for sale in Ald-Maaryon.
* Added more clutter in Gnaar Mok.
Shields by Melchior Dahrk
* Demon, Devil and Fiend weapons now share the same stats as their default steel counterparts
* Tweaked damage output for all spears/halberds.
* Steel Staff of the Ancestors reach from 1.6 to 1.5.
* Steel Halberd reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Iron Halberd reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Dwemer Spear reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Wooden Staff reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Chitin Staff reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Glass Staff reach from 1.6 to 1.5.
* Stormforge reach from 1.6 to 1.5.
* Illkurok rearch from 1.6 to 1.5.
* Glass Spear reach from 1.6 to 1.5.
* Glass Halberd reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Ebony Staff reach from 1.6 to 1.5.
* Deadric Staff reach from 1.6 to 1.5.
* Daedric Spear reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Bound Spear reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Steel Staff reach from 1.6 to 1.5.
* Dwemer Halberd reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Staff of Magnus reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Hellfire Staff reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Staff of Hasedoki reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Crosier of St. Llothis reach from 1.6 to 1.4.
* Huntsman Spear reach from 1.6 to 1.3.
* Saint's Shield value from 10250 to 8250
* Last Wish value from 850 to 925.
* Silver Longbow value from 300 to 260.
* Silver Crossbow value from 400 to 300.
* Silver Katana value from 240 to 180.
* Iron Dagger health from 225 to 300.
* Glass Dagger health from 250 to 275.
Spells (base cost)
These changes are intended to make defensive (mainly) spells a bit less costly, and thus make life easier for pure mages.
* Lowered base cost for all summon/bound spells.
* Spell Absorption base cost from 8 to 6.
* Lightning Shield base cost from 0.6 to 0.5.
* Frost Shield base cost from 0.6 to 0.5.
* Fire Shield base cost from 0.6 to 0.5.
* Shield base cost from 0.6 to 0.5.
* Jump base cost from 1.0 to 0.8.
* Levitate base cost from 1.0 to 0.8.
* Sanctuary base cost from 1.4 to 1.0.
* Feather base cost from 0.15 to 0.10.
* Resist Shock base cost from 0.5 to 0.4.
* Resist Frost base cost from 0.5 to 0.4.
* Resist Fire base cost from 0.5 to 0.4.
* Resist Poison base cost from 0.5 to 0.4.
* Fortify Fatigue base cost from 0.6 to 0.5.
* Fortify Health base cost from 0.7 to 0.6.
* Fortify Magica base cost from 0.7 to 0.6.
* Invisibility base cost from 25 to 15.
* Command Humanoid base cost from 0.6 to 0.5.
* Blind base cost from 2.0 to 1.6.
* Silence base cost from 50 to 35.
* Tap Energy duration from 30 second to 1 second.
* Tap Energy magnitude from 20-20 to 10-10.
* Viperbolt magnitude from 10-50 to 5-30.
* Viperbite magnitude from 1-30 to 10-25.
* Firebite magnitude from 15-25 to 10-25.
* Frostbite magnitude from 15-25 to 10-25.
* Shockbite magnitude from 15-25 to 10-25.
* Fenrick's Doorjam cost from 10 to 8.
* Lock cost from 25 to 16.
* Saint's Shield
- Feather duration from 10 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Feather magnitude from 20 to 50.
- Restore Fatigue duration from 20 to 10.
- Restore Fatigue magnitude from 1-10 to 2-10.
* Draramu Hloran, owner of the legendary sword "Chrysamere" is now a LOT more powerful.
* Made some tweaks to Dwemer/Daedric leveled lists. Most low level encounters such as Dwemer Ghosts and Clanfears will now spawn earlier.
* Rare and valuable ingredients are now less likely to spawn in Dwemer containers (25 % none to 75 % none).
* Journeyman's Armorer's Hammer value from 50 to 35.
* Master's Armorer's Hammer value from 100 to 75.
* Grandmaster's Armorer's Hammer value from 250 to 150.
* Sirollus Saccus' Hammer value from 1000 to 500.
* Journeyman's Probe value from 50 to 35.
* Master's Probe value from 100 to 75.
* Grandmaster's Probe value from 250 to 150.
* Journeyman's Lockpick value from 50 to 35.
* Master's Lockpick value from 100 to 75.
* Grandmaster's Lockpick value from 250 to 150.
* Apprentice's Armorer's Hammer quality from 0.5 to 0.75.
* Repair Prongs quality from 0.25 to 0.5.
* Fixed an issue where rocks would "glow" when playing Morrowind Rebirth in the OpenMW engine. More details about the issue here: Bugs.openmw.org
* Fixes/optimizations of some old meshes such as urns, wagon, ballista etc. This should improve performance in cities such as Balmora. Thanks to "LondonRook"!
* New meshes for “Dagger of Symmachus”, “Magebane”, “Enamor”, Ebony Tanto, Ebony Wakizashi, Ebony Katana and Ebony Dai-Katana.
* Fixed incorrect texture paths in 'terrain_rock_bc_01' through 'terrain_rock_bc_09'.
* New meshes for tables, chairs and other statics.
* Removed Indoril Spear from the mod.
And lots of other stuff "under the hood".
Have fun guys!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.