"Explore the island of Vvardenfell as you never have before, with a world built anew to be both alien and familiar to the Morrowind you knew before. New adventures await, with new exciting areas to see and explore, and new artifacts just waiting to be discovered. This is a complete overhaul for Morrowind, adding countless new details, weapons, armors and much more for you to see and do"
Morrowind Rebirth is a total overhaul for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the aim to enhance the gameplay by balancing certain aspects of the game, and by giving the player more to see and do. Morrowind Rebirth is the result of thousands of hours of modding, and is still a work in progress. For those of you who want more information about the specific changes in this modification, please refer to the following changelog: Moddb.com , read the feature list, and/or watch the video below for a general overview:
Morrowind Rebirth is a massive mod with a ton of new features. Down below you can view some of these, but it's only through gameplay that you'll have a chance to fully discover what Rebirth has to offer.
Leveled list tweaks
Installation and requirements
Please read the article "Installation & requirements", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Bugs and other issues
It's important that you, the players, provide me with feedback and support. Without it I might not be able to track down bugs introduced by Morrowind Rebirth. You're also welcome to report issues found in vanilla Morrowind. Post your bug-reports in the forum section here: Moddb.com at Nexus: Nexusmods.com or send me a personal message at either site.
Morrowind Rebirth and MGSO
I do not recommend MGSO for two reasons: 1) It's outdated 2) It's unoptimized. MGSO includes a heap of stuff including textures that are inconsistent, and meshes that are so badly optimized that they can cause serious fps-issues. This is especially troublesome when using Morrowind Rebirth along with MGSO, since Rebirth adds a ton of stuff to the gameworld. One object without proper collision or with too many polys won't cause any harm, but multiply that by ten and you are bound to experience massive framedrops.
Rebirth on the other hand includes a large number of mesh replacers that are, in most cases, optimized. These meshes are also up-to-date, ensuring that you, the player, will have the best looking models possible without causing a ton of hitching. With that said I wouldn't recommend MGSO. The proper way to play Rebirth with the best possible fidelity is to use MGE XE: Nexusmods.com and handpick texture replacers from either morrowind nexus or morrowind modding history.
Morrowind Rebirth and OpenMW
Morrowind Rebirth is currently compatible with OpenMW, and should be compatible with it's multiplayer component, too. Note that OpenMW is still a work in progress so changes in future releases might cause compatibility issues.
Morrowind Rebirth and Tamriel Rebuilt
At this moment I do not recommend using Tamriel Rebuilt with Morrowind Rebirth. While TR is an amazing mod, it doesn't really work well with Morrowind Rebirth due to several reasons. First of all the balance in TR is based on vanilla, thus every item, weapon, armor, rewards etc will not go well with the balance changes in Rebirth. Another thing that will prove to be troublesome is the fact that Morrowind Rebirth comes with a lot of new models replacing rocks, trees, furniture etc. This causes issues like floaters, bleeding objects etc in the mainland, where many models are based on the footprint of vanilla models.
I heartly recommend getting TR, but play it in a separate installation just to be on the safe side. Follow this guide on how to create multiple copies of Morrowind: Wiki.theassimilationlab.com
Old Save Games
Please read the article "How to update your old save game to a new version using Wyre Mash", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Please read the article "Compatiblity", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Hi guys! Today I'm happy to introduce you to the latest update, and as always it's a big one! With v 4.5 comes a plethora of changes, mainly aimed at refining various areas of the mod. This includes fixing a ton of bugs, reworking dungeons and fixing graphical issues. But that's not all. Rebirth is now somewhat modular with game setting-changes now being separated from the main plugin, with more to come.
* Ervas Aradil, Ministry of Truth, had no faction assigned to him. He's now a member of the Temple.
* Fixed issues where several Slaughterfish spawns were placed on land in the Shegorath Region.
* Varus Vatinius name was spelled 'Vantinius' instead of 'Vatinius'.
* Infected Rat (Rat_plague_hall1a) used the wrong script.
Revisit the Deadlands, now with a huge wasteland to explore
Morrowind Rebirth Fixes
* Fixed issues where the player wouldn't be able to hit creatures or NPCs using one handed weapons when using Open MW. This was due to some weapons having reach values being below 1.0 in Morrowind Rebirth, a feature which OpenMW doesn't support.
* Fixed an issue where Minabibi Assardarainat wouldn't show up in Sadrith Mora's Guild of Mages during the quest "Meeting with a Wise Woman".
* Fixed an issue where the door to Chun-Ook Cabin in Ebonheart was set to telport the player to the West Gash Region (again..).
* Fixed an issue where Imperial Guard Captains kept walking back and forth without ever stopping, causing wierd animation loops.
* Fixed an issue where some books added by Rebirth had no icons (These also recieved better icons compared to the old ones).
* Fixed issues where pre-placed staffs and spears were either floating above ground or bleeding into other objects.
* Fixed an issue where the Daedric War Axe couldn't be found in the gameworld (only by chance in levled-lists).
* Fixed an issue where a potion was named "Frost Resistance :Quality" instead of "Frost Resistance: Quality".
* Fixed an issue where Dremora Archers sometimes didn't summon a Bound Longbow, making them fight unarmored.
* Fixed issues where some books used a candle wax texture instead of a paper texture for the pages.
* Fixed a dozen of weapons and armor-meshes that had bad UV-mapping and other texture issues.
* Fixed an issue where using the Sarano Ebony Helm caused the players head to disappear.
* Fixed an issue where the right Gah-Julan Pauldron was named Gah-Julan Pauldron: Left.
* Fixed an issue where the banner in Seyda Neen said "Hla Oad" instead of "Welcome".
* Fixed an issue where the new Command Humanoid spells weren't available for sale.
* Fixed issues where some NPCs didn't wear the armor that were assigned to them.
* Fixed an issue where the 'Blighted Game Rat' didn't use blighted textures.
* Fixed issues where Bonelord spells didn't have any names assigned to them.
* Fixed an issue where the Mages Guild Circle wasn't available in Mournhold.
* Fixed issues where some objects and NPCs were duplicated in Mournhold.
* Fixed an issue where the stem of Golden Kanets were excessively green.
* Fixed pathgrid issues in Khuul, Balmora and Andrano Ancestral Tomb.
* Fixed excessive use of vertex shading in the Red Mountain Region.
* Fixed alignment, transparency and scaling-issues on some icons.
* Fixed issues where Ashland rocks had horrible texture seams.
* Fixed a misaligned floor-tile in Andrano Ancestral Tomb.
* Fixed some minor issues in leveled-lists.
* Fixed a ton of missing ownership flags.
Delve into The Rift and aquire powerful new artifacts
Morrowind Rebirth Changes
* Wildlife creatures such as Alits, Guars, Kagoutis and Kwama Foragers will no longer attack the player from a great distance.
- Regular creatures have 85 attack value, and will attack if the player gets closer than 1500 in-game units.
- Diseased creatures have 90 attack value, and will attack if the player gets closer than 2000 in-game units.
- Blighted creatures have 95 attack value, and will attack if the player gets closer than 3000 in-game units.
- Rats, Scribs, Mudcrabs, Cliffracers and Shalks have also recieved new attack values and will attack if the player gets closer than 1300 in-game units.
* Most Daedra are now unleveled, meaning that they can spawn in Daedric Ruins and other placers from level 1 onwards.
* Skeletons now wield a larger variety of weapons and shields depending on how strong they are.
* Added invisi-walls to the bridges in Balmora to prevent NPCs from falling into the river.
* Lowered the requirement to use the Mages' Guild circle from Warlock to Conjurer.
* Skeleton corpses now hold more exciting loot other than bonemeal.
* Vivec Entrance, Warehouse building exterior now matches the interior.
* Removed the spell "Blind Self" from all NPCs... why Bethesda?
* The light effect emitted by summons are now more subtle.
* Some small changes done to Hall of Wonders, Ebonheart.
* Some small changes done to Caldera Mine (exterior).
* 'Restore Health' has been re-enabled for enchanting.
* 'Fortify Skill' has been removed from spellmaking.
* "Steaming Lava Vent Large" to "Steaming Lava Vent"
* "Slave's Bracer" changed to "Slave Bracer".
* Durzogs will no longer spawn in Vvardenfell.
* Reduced the cost of training by 20 %.
An entire set of furniture have been replaced with new models
Morrowind Rebirth Additions
* Added a ton of notes to dreamers containing wierd messages and ramblings. The notes have a low chance of dropping, but should provide a bit of flavour when found.
The Rift Overhaul
A complete overhaul of the old dungeon "The Rift" featuring a large cave system with a ton of loot including two unique artifacts.
A complete overhaul of the old dungeon "Deadlands" featuring a large worldspace filled with new exciting vistas, deadric ruins, enemy encounters, new weapons and artifacts.
Note: This area is still in development, and more ruins and areas will be added in future releases. Also note that pathfinding for creatures might be wonky right now.
* Olaf's Fist [Glove]
- Fortify Hand to Hand 20-20 points for 30 seconds.
* Hexfang [Pickaxe]
- Silence for 3 seconds on strike.
* Atronach's Seal [Ring]
- Summon Fire Atronach
- Summon Storm Atronach
- Summon Frost Atronach
- Weakness to Fire 100 points for 60 seconds.
- Weakness to Frost 100 points for 60 seconds.
- Weakness to Shock 100 points for 60 seconds.
* Blightheart [Ring]
- Drain Fatigue 50 points.
- Drain Magicka 25 points.
- Fortify Health 50 points.
* Starfire [Ring]
- Fire Damage 3-3 points for 10 seconds.
- Blind 50 points for 15 seconds.
* Imperial Gloves
* Steel Staff of Light (Light 10 points constant effect)
* Steel Staff of Darkness (Blind 50 points for 15 seconds)
* Steel Staff of Shadows (Charmeleon 25 points for 30 seconds)
* Steel Staff of Flight (Levitate 15 points for 30 seconds)
* Steel Staff of Decay (Disintegrate Armor/Weapon 25 points for 1 second)
* Steel Staff of Sacrifice (Drain Health self, Summon Clanfear for 60 seconds)
* Steel Staff of Haste (Fortify Speed 25 points for 30 seconds)
* Iron Arrow of Corrosion
* Iron Arrow of Burden
* Iron Arrow of Noise
* Iron Arrow of Silence
* Iron Arrow of Paralysis
* Iron Bolt of Corrosion
* Iron Bolt of Burden
* Iron Bolt of Noise
* Iron Bolt of Silence
* Iron Bolt of Paralysis
* Silence: Strong (Duration 20 seconds).
* Silence: Great (Duration 25 seconds).
The spells down below replaces duplicates of Frost/Shock/Fire-shields that were in the game.
* Frost Ward (Frost Shield 5-25 for 30 seconds),
* Shock Ward (Shock Shield 5-25 for 30 seconds).
* Fire Ward (Fire Shield 5-25 for 30 seconds).
Crossbows have recieved updated art
* Lowered the damage output of all crossbows by 2 points.
* Warhammer speed from 0.50 to 0.55.
* Hungers are now practicaly invisibile, and won't reveal themselves until they get close to the player.
* Atronachs have recieved shield spells in their respective element.
* Golden Saints have recieved a permanent shock shield ability.
* Electric Slaugtherfish is now immune to shock damage.
* Ash Vampires are now immune to normal weapons.
* Lightning Guardian health from 120 to 150.
* Frost Guardian health from 120 to 150.
* Flame Guardian health from 120 to 150.
* Ash Vampire health from 750 to 850.
* Profane Acolyte health from 325 to 375.
* Lich health from 300 to 350.
* Bonelord health from 90 to 100.
* Clannfear speed from 30 to 25.
* Rat speed from 30 to 20.
* Earwig duration from 15 seconds to 30 seconds.
* Earwig: Strong duration from 15 seconds to 30 seconds.
* Earwig: Great duration from 15 seconds to 30 seconds.
* Earwig: Wild duration from 15 seconds to 30 seconds.
* God's Fire magnitude from 15-30 to 5-10.
* God's Frost magnitude from 15-30 to 5-10.
* God's Spark magnitude from 15-30 to 5-10.
* God's Fire duration from 2 to 5.
* God's Frost duration from 2 to 5.
* God's Spark duration from 2 to 5.
* Summon Skeleton: Weak cost from 6 to 8.
Spells (base cost)
* Silence base cost from 30 to 20.
* Sound base cost from 0.4 to 0.35.
* Thieves' Fortune (New Ability)
- Fortify Luck 5 points.
- Invisibility from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Changed from power to spell.
* Shadow Form (New Power)
- Chameleon 25-25 points for 30 seconds.
* Tower Warden
- Reflect 20-20 points for 90 seconds to 25-25 points for 60 seconds.
* Star Curse
- Poison Damage 4 points for 10 seconds to 5 points for 10 seconds.
* Warrior's Resolve (New Ability)
- Fortify Strength 5 points.
- Fortify Speed from 25 to 20 points.
* Fleet Footed (New Spell)
- Feather 100 points for 30 seconds.
Old assets have been given new/more suitable textures
* Included a ton of optimized meshes from the "Morrowind Optimization Patch"-project. This should fix some performance issues somewhat in busy areas such as Balmora.
* Bookart textures used in Blacksmithing Tools/Sword Components have been made transparent so that they don't look off when using texture replacers for books.
* New and improved meshes for furniture statics such as tables, chairs and stools.
* A ton of old assets have been improved with better/more suitable textures
* Removed horrible vertex shading from some cave-rocks.
* All crossbows have recieved an art pass.
* Steel Shields no longer have reflection.
* Water in Water Barrels is now animated.
* Coverted all icons from bmp/tga to dds.
* New model and icon for Absinthe.
* New icon for the Silver Saber.
* New icons for Dwemer Scrolls.
* Compressed a few textures.
New areas to explore..
* Removed version numbers from the esp:s and esm:s for better compatibility with other mods
* To reduce the file-size the optional files are now separate from the main package.
* Removed meshes and textures that are no longer in use from the archive.
* Reduced the amount of folders in the archive.
* Updated the readme.
And new Artifacts waiting to be found..
Morrowind Rebirth - Mercenaries [Addon] (Fixes and additions by "RubberMan")
* Fixed an issue where mercenaries would keep repeating a dialogue saying "I'm injured!"
* Fixed an issue where mercenaries would get stuck attacking practice dummies.
* Dialogue additions.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is the optional files for Morrowind Rebirth 4.5 including new music, new splashscreens and more. This package is not required for Morrowind Rebirth...
This is the full version of Morrowind Rebirth 4.4. Please refer to the latest news post for the changelog.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.