"Explore the island of Vvardenfell as you never have before, with a world built anew to be both alien and familiar to the Morrowind you knew before. New adventures await, with new exciting areas to see and explore, and new artifacts just waiting to be discovered. This is a complete overhaul for Morrowind, adding countless new details, weapons, armors and much more for you to see and do"
Morrowind Rebirth is a total overhaul for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the aim to enhance the gameplay by balancing certain aspects of the game, and by giving the player more to see and do. Morrowind Rebirth is the result of thousands of hours of modding, and is still a work in progress. For those of you who want more information about the specific changes in this modification, please refer to the following changelog: Moddb.com , read the feature list, and/or watch the video below for a general overview:
New encounters and places to visit
Explore the Island of Vvardenfell once again, but keep in mind that things are not what they used to be. New packs of bandits and creatures have made it more difficult to travel throughout the wilderness, new dark cults have formed, and it's harder than ever before to survive in an already alien and hostile environment.
Rebuilt cities with loads of details
Cities are no longer empty shells with a few NPCs wandering about. Expect a massive increase in detail including new traders, NPCs, houses, shops, Inns and an overall feel that cities are actually "alive". Almost all cities and settlements, including for example Balmora, Seyda Neen, Caldera, Ebonheart, Vos have been expanded or overhauled, without removing the charm of vanilla Morrowind.
Encounter new vicious creatures such as the mighty Draugr Deathlord, the chilling Frost Monarch or the agile Ash Scorpion. With more than 20 new creatures to battle the Island of Vvardenfell is more diverse than ever.
New weapons, armor and misc items
Battle your way throughout Vvardenfell with a vast array of new weapons and armor, both normal ones that complement existing sets, and uniques' that are far more powerful. A majority of the new items have been included in leveled lists, while some have been placed by hand, for a seamless experience.
New music, splashscreens and main menus
Included are a large number of new tracks, suited for both battles and for exploration, 11 new beautifully crafted splash screens, and two new main menu screens. These additons are optional, and not needed for the mod to function properly.
Better landscapes with less seams and floaters.
In Morrowind there were a lot of empty flat areas and very little efficiency in use of space. With Rebirth I've tried to eliminate these issues, giving each area a unique look. There has also been an effort to eliminate all texture seams and floaters throughout the world.
Balance tweaks and bugfixes
By playing Rebirth you will notice fixes for a large number of floaters, clipping meshes, miss-aligned objects and script/text bugs. Rebirth also includes balance tweaks to game settings, spells, weapons, armor, misc items, merchants etc to make the game more balanced and thus more enjoyable.
New improved models for vanilla assets
Rebirth includes the largest and most up-to-date collection of mesh replacers, some which are only available in this modification.
Installation and requirements
Please read the article "Installation & requirements", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Bugs and other issues
It's important that you, the players, provide me with feedback and support. Without it I might not be able to track down bugs introduced by Morrowind Rebirth. You're also welcome to report issues found in vanilla Morrowind. Post your bug-reports in the forum section here: Moddb.com at Nexus: Nexusmods.com or send me a personal message at either site.
I do not recommend MGSO for two reasons: 1) It's outdated 2) It's unoptimized. MGSO includes a heap of stuff including textures that are inconsistent, and meshes that are so badly optimized that they can cause serious fps-issues. This is especially troublesome when using Morrowind Rebirth along with MGSO, since Rebirth adds a ton of stuff to the gameworld. One object without proper collision or with too many polys won't cause any harm, but multiply that by ten and you are bound to experience massive framedrops.
Rebirth on the other hand includes a large number of mesh replacers that are, in most cases, optimized. These meshes are also up-to-date, ensuring that you, the player, will have the best looking models possible without causing a ton of hitching. With that said I wouldn't recommend MGSO. The proper way to play Rebirth with the best possible fidelity is to use MGE XE: Nexusmods.com and handpick texture replacers from either morrowind nexus or morrowind modding history.
Morrowind Rebirth and OpenMW
Morrowind Rebirth is compatible with OpenMW, and should be compatible with it's multiplayer component, too.
Old Save Games
Please read the article "How to update your old save game to a new version using Wyre Mash", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Please read the article "Compatiblity", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Hi guys! It's time for another update. Down below you can review the changes in 4.2, and I hope you'll enjoy what it has to offer. As always let me know if there are any bugs or any other issues. Have fun!
* Removed 'Resist Corprus Disease: Variable', 'Resist Corprus Disease: Strong', 'Resist Corprus Disease: Great' and 'Weakness to Corprus Disease' from NPCs as the spells were useless and didn't have any effect on gameplay.
* Removed 'Ghost Curse', 'Ogrul's Quick Again', 'Scrib Paralysis', 'Alit Bite', 'Wrath of Uthol' and 'Grave'-curses from NPCs as they are special spells not intended to be used by unique NPCs or creatures.
* Shuzug gro-Bug and Shagdub gra-Murz, Tel Aruhn could sometimes appear naked due to their skills in light armor being set too low.
Morrowind Rebirth Fixes
* Fixed an issue where the spell 'Burden of Sin' being set as 'target' instead of 'touch' caused an "invalid trap" error message appearing under certain circumstances.
* Fixed (potentially) an issue where the minaret in Gnisis were missing which caused floating banners and other statics hanging in the air next to the temple.
* Fixed an issue where it was impossible to get out of the Deadlands if you didn't have a access to levetation spells/enchantments.
* Fixed an issue where a missing texture for the St.Felms statue 'tr_st_statue.dds' could cause the game to crash.
* Fixed an issue where the bridge connecting Vivec Entrance and Vivec was floating above ground.
* Fixed issues where light-sources had too low light radius, making some areas too dark.
* Fixed some texture issues on the Silver Battle Axe.
* Fixed collision issues with some plants/flowers.
* Fixed spaces and underscores in NPC names.
* Landscape fixes and improvements.
* Fixed doubling issues.
Morrowind Rebirth Changes
* Vampire clan vendors have recieved tweaks so that they offer more meaningful items for sale. They also have more money and some items like ammo, probes, potions and repair items now restock.
* Removed the (horrendous) female variations of the Imperial Cuirass and Imperial Chain Cuirass introduced by the expansions.
* The outfitter in Balmora, Clagius Clanler, now is more of an oddball trader rather than another pawnbroker.
* Most vendors that deal with potions now restock and have a larger selection to choose from.
* All named Ash Ghouls now have a unique model to set them apart from regular Ash Ghouls.
* Randomized the amount of gold in all containers that used to have a set amount of gold.
* All summons now emit a small white light and are somewhat trancelucent.
* Lowered the volume of some in-game effects that were painfully loud.
* Added a few more basic spells to Arrille such as Jump and Feather.
* Randomized the content of urns that used to have just bonemeal.
* Arangaer, The Scribbled Scroll, Balmora no longer sell spells.
* All summons now have the prefix "Summoned" in their name.
* Dreamers (talkers), are no longer half-naked and unarmed.
* The topic 'Ald Redaynia' now mentions that it's a village rather than a site of an old ruined wizard's tower.
* The topic 'Pelagiad' now mentions the Mages Guild in Pelagiad.
* The topic 'Imperial Legion' now mentions Fort Ashmoth.
* The topic 'Forts' now mentions Fort Ashmoth.
* Elone's Directions now mentions Seyda Outpost.
* Travel guides no longer have the barter option.
* Greatly improved performance in Seyda Neen.
* Kwama Foragers are now hostile again.
* Hundreds of misc tweaks.
Morrowind Rebirth Additions
* New places of interest such as ruins, mass graves, bandit camps etc.
* Added a proper sleeping quarters to Guild of Fighters, Balmora.
* Added a palisade to Gnaar Mok plus additional detailing.
* Added 28 new enchanted Dwemer weapons to leveled-lists.
* Added 8 new enchanted shields to leveled-lists.
* Added 8 new enchanted staffs to leveled-lists.
* Lots of new props around Vvardenfell.
* Added 25 new seasonal rumors.
* New creature:
- Dremora Archer
* New Artifact:
* New armor
- Dwemer Towershield
* New Spells
- Spelldrinker: Wild
* Tweaks to hand-to-hand damage output by changing 'fmaxhandtohandmult' from 1.000 to 0.7500, as it was a bit too strong at higher skill levels (0.500 vanilla).
* Drastically lowered the cost for creating enchantments by changing 'fenchantmentvaluemult' from 800 to 500 (1000 vanilla).
* The distance at which NPCs greet the player has been lowered from 3 to 2 (6 vanilla).
* The maximum attribute multiplier has been decreased from 5x to 4x:
* Min running speed from 120 to 125 (100 vanilla).
* Max running speed from 160 to 200 (200 vanilla).
* Bloodmoon summons Wolf and Bonewolf has recived a bit more health + reduced magica cost.
* Alits now have a 50 % resistance to poison.
* Skeleton movement speed from 50 to 60.
* Dagoth Dagger value from 75 to 125.
* Exquisite Amulet enchantment capacity from 60 to 160.
* Extravagant Amulet enchantment capacity from 30 to 100.
* Expensive Amulet enchantment capacity from 15 to 60.
* Exquisite Ring enchantment capacity from 60 to 80.
* Extravagant Ring enchantment capacity from 30 to 50.
* Expensive Ring enchantment capacity from 15 to 30.
* Emperor's Defence value from 975 to 2250.
* Alchemist's Robe value from 1750 to 2750.
Spells (base cost)
* Weakness to Fire base cost from 0.3 to 0.2.
* Weakness to Shock base cost from 0.3 to 0.2.
* Weakness to Poison base cost from 0.3 to 0.2.
* Weakness to Frost base cost from 0.3 to 0.2.
* Resist Blight Disease base cost from 2.0 to 0.5.
* Resist Common Disease base cost from 0.5 to 0.4.
* Absorb Fatigue base cost from 14 to 10.
* Spell Absorption base cost from 6 to 0.8.
* Absorb Magica base cost from 14 to 12.
* Energy Leech magnitude from 5-25 to 25-25.
* Tap Energy magnitude from 12-12 to 20-20.
* Spelldrinker: duration from 5 to 15 seconds.
* Spelldrinker: Strong duration from 5 to 15 seconds.
* Spelldrinker: Great duration from 5 to 15 seconds.
* Spell Absorption duration from 5 to 15 seconds.
* New meshes for Steel Broadsword, Nordic Iron Helm, Cavern Beams, Baskets, Crates and much more!
* New mesh/texture/icon for the shield Emperor's Defence.
* Improved the look of the Iron Crossbow.
* New icon for the Silver Katana.
* New extensive readme.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Includes a missing statue texture that could cause the game to crash.
This is the full version of Morrowind Rebirth. Please refer to the latest news post for the changelog.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.