"Explore the island of Vvardenfell as you never have before, with a world built anew to be both alien and familiar to the Morrowind you knew before. New adventures await, with new exciting areas to see and explore, and new artifacts just waiting to be discovered. This is a complete overhaul for Morrowind, adding countless new details, weapons, armors and much more for you to see and do"
Morrowind Rebirth is a total overhaul for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the aim to enhance the the game by rebuilding the world, by rebalancing most aspects of the game, and by improving the graphics. Rebirth is mainly aimed at returning players and veterans that have seen and done most things in-game, and want a fresh experience. New players are recommended to try the vanilla experience.
Morrowind Rebirth is the result of thousands of hours of modding, and is still a work in progress. For those of you who want more information about the specific changes in this modification please refer to the extensive readme, the features section and/or watch the videos down below for a general overview. Do note that some videos are fairly outdated.
Morrowind Rebirth is a massive mod with a ton of new features. Down below you can view some of these, but it's only through gameplay that you'll have a chance to fully discover what Rebirth has to offer.
Leveled list tweaks
Installation and requirements
Please read the article "Installation & requirements", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Bugs and other issues
It's important that you, the players, provide me with feedback and support. Without it I might not be able to track down bugs introduced by Morrowind Rebirth. You're also welcome to report issues found in vanilla Morrowind. Post your bug-reports in the forum section here: Moddb.com at Nexus: Nexusmods.com or send me a personal message at either site.
Morrowind Rebirth and MGSO
I do not recommend using MGSO the slightest. There are plenty of reasons to why you shouldn't use it, and most of them are listed in this reddit post: www.reddit.com/r/morrowind
Morrowind Rebirth and OpenMW
Morrowind Rebirth is currently compatible with OpenMW, and should be compatible with it's multiplayer component, too. Note that OpenMW is still a work in progress so changes in future releases might cause compatibility issues.
Morrowind Rebirth and Tamriel Rebuilt
At this moment I do not recommend using Tamriel Rebuilt with Morrowind Rebirth. While TR is an amazing mod, it doesn't really work well with Morrowind Rebirth due to several reasons. First of all the balance in TR is based on vanilla, thus every item, weapon, armor, rewards etc will not go well with the balance changes in Rebirth. Another thing that will prove to be troublesome is the fact that Morrowind Rebirth comes with a lot of new models replacing rocks, trees, furniture etc. This causes issues like floaters, bleeding objects etc in the mainland.
I heartly recommend getting TR, but play it in a separate installation just to be on the safe side. Follow this guide on how to create multiple copies of Morrowind: UESPWiki
Old Save Game
Please read the article "How to update your old save game to a new version using Wyre Mash", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Please read the article "Compatiblity", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Rejoice, another update has arrived! Today I introduce you to version 5.9, which is as always a big one. Additions, changes, bugfixes, graphical improvements, it's all there to see in the changelog down below. Have fun!
* Fixed issues where Saryn Sarothril, Maar Gan Outpost, had some items for sale which had 3D-scales set to be much larger than 1.0 (default scale).
* Fixed an issue where Cinia Urtius' dialogue says she offer travel services, which isn't the case.
* Fixed an issue where Belt of Iron Will used the wrong enchantment.
* Fixed an issue where the entrance Governor's Hall, Caldera, consisted of two (almost) identical pieces placed on top of each other, causing very noticable clipping issues.
* Fixed issues where the fight, alarm, flee and hello values for NPCs were incorrectly set, meaning NPCs would for example greet you all the time, or never react to you stealing something.
* Fixed an issue where Angus' Shop, Pelagiad, was refered to as "Smithy", when every other comparable NPCs shop was refered to as "Smith".
* Fixed issues where some NPCs didn't have any AI-packages, meaning they would never play any idle animations or walk around as intented.
* Fixed issues where some AI-packages had incorrect duration meaning ncps would for never take a break from walking around.
* Fixed issues where the chop/slash/thrust values for rapiers were mixed up, making it slashing/chopping weapons instead of slashing/thrusting weapons.
* Fixed an issue where there were no "stone fingers", as described in the quest "Dreams of a White Guar", near the area where the white guar can be found.
* Fixed an issue where the Iron Shardaxe was a Battle Axe, compared to the Spark/Viper/Flameaxes which were War Axes.
* Fixed an issue where the house of the smith Tralen in Balmora was misplaced, leaving a large number of objects floating.
* Fixed issues where the cost of spells that weren't autocalculated didn't match the price of identical autocalculated spells.
* Fixed issues where some traders still didn't restock common ingredients. This was a leftover from earlier updates.
* Fixed issues where NPCs would fall into the river in Balmora (this can still happen, but less likely).
* Fixed an issue where the enchantment for 'Amulet of Shock' caused Fire Damage instead of Shock Damage.
* Fixed an issue where Seasplitter was marked as a Silver Weapon, which it isn't.
* Fixed an issue where the Armun-An Cuirass ground model didn't match the worn model.
* Fixed an issue where the 'Ring of Intelligence' used the wrong enchantment.
* Fixed an issue where the sword Shadowsting had a speed of 0.1 instead of 1.0.
* Fixed an issue where there was no pathgrid in Ald'ruhn, Underground.
* Fixed issues (hopefully) where statics were missing in Balmora.
* Fixed a misplaced wall inside the Imperial Chapels, Ebonheart.
* Fixed some minor collision issues.
* Fixed typos.
New weapons, armor and items
* Increased the personality attribute of all traders (pawnbrokers, traders, smiths etc). This will make it a bit more difficult to get them to like the player. Admiration, intimidation, or taunting will also be somewhat less effective.
* Increased the run speed of NPCs that need to be escorted (might have missed one or two, do let me know if this is the case).
* Drinking beverages such as sujamma or mazte will now slightly impair your vision. Drinking more will further enhance this effect.
* Added guards to many shops that lacked them.
* Landscape changes and improvements.
* Added new rugs to some imperial interiors such as forts, homes in imperial towns (higher classes) etc. Do note that some rug textures will most likely be improved in future updates.
* Made changes to the exterior of Tel Voroyn, with walls now covering the all sides of the fort. Additionally more clutter was added and a few new NPCs.
* Added more clutter to Urshilaku Camp, similar to other camps in previous updates. Additionally two small yurts were added.
* Added more bandits to the various regions of the island.
* Added a new bedroom to the Hlaalu Council Manor, Balmora.
* Added more storage space to all player homes.
* Minor additions to dozens of interiors/exteriors-ares such as clutter, npcs etc.
* Expanded or added more detailing to the following interiors:
- Ebonheart, Hall of Wonders
- Vivec, Guild of Fighters
- Sadrith Mora, Guild of Fighters
- Pelagiad, Guild of Mages
Changes and additions to vanilla interiors
Ebonheart, Grand Council Chambers Changes
* Added a training area with dummies, targets and a drillmaster offering training.
* Added a small vault to Duke Vedam Dren's Room, housing two new artifacts.
* Minor changes here and there.
New areas to explore, and vault to raid
Holamayan Monestery Changes [exterior]
* Added clutter and flora around the Holamayan Monestery to make the area less barren. Also expanded the docks somewhat and added a small guardpost.
* Made the manor district more separated from the rest of the city, with the (only) entrance secured by a large gate.
* Made the commercial district less cramped. Also rearranged some buildings.
* Rearranged/removed some clutter/architecture to improve performance.
* Added measures to prevent NPCs from falling into the river in Balmora.
* Added a new bridge crossing the Odai River.
* Added new gatehouses for improved protection.
Balmora is now a bit less cramped, and better protected with new main gates
* Added new gate houses with better protection.
* Three new Dark Brotherhood Helmets
* Hlaalu Council Guard Helm
* Daedric Face of Tendrils
* Chitin Scout Helm
* Silver Dai-katana
* Silver Wakizashi
* Silver Tanto
* Orcish Mace
New Magic Armor
* Swordsman's Glove
* Sharpshooter's Bracer
* Spearman's Bracer
* Hand of Decay
* Putrid Husk
* Lord's Cuirass
* Shield of Fortitude
* Helm of Iron Will
* Chest of Nimbleness
* Quicksilver Boots
* Gauntlet of Troll Strength
* Face of Wisdom
New Magic Weapons
* Herder's Crook (vanilla item not used in-game).
* Blade of Gods Fire
* Blade of Gods Frost
* Blade of Gods Shock
* Mchalec's Ward
New Misc Items
* Bag of Holding (acts as a ring)
* Dwemer Repair Hammer
* Mysterious Stone
* Belyns' Horn
New misc items
New Magic Clothing
* Brawler's Fist
* Telekinetic Hand
* Arcane Cloak
* Robe of Wrath
* Robe of Wither
* Robe of Dispair
* Robe of Clarity
* Resist Blight Disease
* Resist Blight Disease: Strong
* Resist Blight Disease: Great
* Resist Blight Disease: Wild
* Resist Common Disease: Strong
* Resist Common Disease: Wild
* Resist Magicka: Wild
* Resist Shock: Wild
* Resist Poison: Wild
* Resist Fire: Wild
* Resist Frost: Wild
New models for vanilla weapons. In this case Saint's Black Sword
Spells [Base Cost]
* Resist Common Disease base cost from 0.4 to 0.1.
* Resist Blight Disease base cost from 0.5 to 0.15.
* Weakness to Magicka base cost from 0.3 to 0.5.
* Water Breathing base cost from 4 to 6.
* Water Walking base cost from 6 to 8.
* Chameleon base cost from 0.5 to 0.6.
* Drain Health base cost from 3 to 5.
* Soul Trap base cost from 2 to 6.
* Charm base cost from 3 to 4.
* Absorb Health base cost from 16 to 20.
* Drain Skill base cost from 0.5 to 1.5.
* Buffed the enchantments of most artifacts, mainly by increasing their charge capacity = more hits before they run out of juice.
* Increased the price of many common enchanted items (vanilla ones).
* Increased the duration of Disease Resistance potions from 15, 30, 45, 60 and 75 seconds to 60, 120, 180, 240 and 300 seconds.
* Increased the duration of all detection potions from 15 seconds to 30 seconds.
* Hundreds of UV fixes and improvements.
* New texture for the improvised lighthouse outside Gnisis.
* New model and texture for the Earth Atronach.
* New model and icon for the Daedric Broadsword.
* New model and icon for Widowmaker.
* New model and icon for the Silver Katana.
* New model and icon for Saint's Sword.
* New model and icon for Bloodaxe.
* New model and icon for Variner's Ring.
* New model and icon for Nuccius' Cursed Ring.
* New model and icon for Caius' Ring.
* New model and icon for Ring of Regeneration.
* New model and icon for Black Jinx.
* New model and icon for the Imperial Captain's Helmet.
* New model and icon for Sarandas' Racer Suede Belt.
* New model and icon for Belt of the Hortator.
* New model and icon for Belt of Northern Knuck Knuck.
* New model and icon for Malipu-Ataman's Belt.
* New model and icon for Peakstar's Embroidered Belt.
* New model and icon for Ralen Family Belt.
* New model and icon for Linus Iulus' Stendarran Belt.
* New model and icon for Belt of the Armor of God.
* New model and icon for All Sanguine belts.
* New model and icon for Redas Chalice.
* New model and icon for Shield of the Undaunted.
* New model and icon for Shadow Shield.
* New model and icon for Ancient Dagoth Brandy.
* New model and icon for Blessed Spear.
* New model and icon for Guar Meat.
* New icon for Ring of the Wind.
* New icon for Ring of the Hortator.
* New icon for Ring of Blind Faith.
* New icon for Ring of Khajiit.
* New icon for Akatosh's Ring.
* New icon for Theif Ring.
* New icon for Mage Ring.
* New icon for Fighter Ring.
Hundreds of graphical fixes, such as ones displayed in the image above
* War Cry [Power]
- From Demoralize Humanoid 50-50 for 15 seconds to 50-100 for 15 seconds.
* Brawling Headbutt [Power]
- From Paralyze for 6 seconds to Paralyze for 8 seconds.
* Primal Rage [Power]
- Fortify Attribute Strength 20-20 for 30 seconds to Fortify Attribute Strength 20-20 for 60 seconds.
- Fortify Attribute Endurance 20-20 for 30 seconds to Fortify Attribute Endurance 20-20 for 60 seconds.
- Poison 5-5 for 10 seconds.
- Paralyze for 5 seconds [NEW].
- Drain Health on self 10-10 for 30 seconds [NEW].
* Serpent's Mark [Power to Spell]
- Cure Poison.
* Blood of the North [Spell to Power]
- Restore Health 2-2 for 30 seconds to Restore Health 2-2 for 120 seconds.
* Lord's Blessing
- Fortify Health 20-20 for 30 seconds to 25-25 for 60 seconds.
* Arcane Concentration
- Fortify Willpower 5 points to Fortify Willpower 10 points.
* Warrior's Resolve
- Fortify Strength 5 points to Fortify Strength 10 points.
* Minor dialogue fixes.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is the full version of Morrowind Rebirth 5.7.
This is a hotfix for Morrowind Rebirth 5.5. Note that you first need to install the full version for this file to work properly.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.