"Explore the island of Vvardenfell as you never have before, with a world built anew to be both alien and familiar to the Morrowind you knew before. New adventures await, with new exciting areas to see and explore, and new artifacts just waiting to be discovered. This is a complete overhaul for Morrowind, adding countless new details, weapons, armors and much more for you to see and do"
Morrowind Rebirth is a total overhaul for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the aim to enhance the gameplay by balancing certain aspects of the game, and by giving the player more to see and do. Morrowind Rebirth is the result of thousands of hours of modding, and is still a work in progress. For those of you who want more information about the specific changes in this modification please refer to the features section down below, and/or watch the videos below for a general overview.
Morrowind Rebirth is a massive mod with a ton of new features. Down below you can view some of these, but it's only through gameplay that you'll have a chance to fully discover what Rebirth has to offer. Don't like some the changes? Morrowind Rebirth - LITE might be for you: www.moddb.com/mods
Leveled list tweaks
Installation and requirements
Please read the article "Installation & requirements", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Bugs and other issues
It's important that you, the players, provide me with feedback and support. Without it I might not be able to track down bugs introduced by Morrowind Rebirth. You're also welcome to report issues found in vanilla Morrowind. Post your bug-reports in the forum section here: Moddb.com at Nexus: Nexusmods.com or send me a personal message at either site.
Morrowind Rebirth and MGSO
I do not recommend using MGSO the slightest. There are plenty of reasons to why you shouldn't use it, and most of them are listed in this reddit post: www.reddit.com/r/morrowind
Morrowind Rebirth and OpenMW
Morrowind Rebirth is currently compatible with OpenMW, and should be compatible with it's multiplayer component, too. Note that OpenMW is still a work in progress so changes in future releases might cause compatibility issues.
Morrowind Rebirth and Tamriel Rebuilt
At this moment I do not recommend using Tamriel Rebuilt with Morrowind Rebirth. While TR is an amazing mod, it doesn't really work well with Morrowind Rebirth due to several reasons. First of all the balance in TR is based on vanilla, thus every item, weapon, armor, rewards etc will not go well with the balance changes in Rebirth. Another thing that will prove to be troublesome is the fact that Morrowind Rebirth comes with a lot of new models replacing rocks, trees, furniture etc. This causes issues like floaters, bleeding objects etc in the mainland.
I heartly recommend getting TR, but play it in a separate installation just to be on the safe side. Follow this guide on how to create multiple copies of Morrowind: Wiki.theassimilationlab.com
Old Save Games
Please read the article "How to update your old save game to a new version using Wyre Mash", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Please read the article "Compatiblity", which can be found here: Moddb.com
At long last the final version of 5.0: Part 2 is ready for you to enjoy! [changes in Part 1 can be found here: click me] It's been a long wait, I know, but I'm sure you'll all think it has been worth it. With this update comes a plethora of changes, including an overhaul of the Labour Town District in Balmora, an overhaul of Molag Mar, and an overhaul of Ald Velothi. Additionally dozens of bugs were squashed, quality of life improvements have been made and new items, weapons and armor have appeared in the gameworld. I really hope you'll enjoy this update. Have fun!
* Renamed banners for several traders in Sadrith Mora that had banners with "Dunmer" (Dunmer Trader, Dunmer Weapons/Armor etc) in their name, even though none of the traders are Dunmer.
* Fixed dozens of spawnpoints for sea-critters that were either placed on land, in the air, below ground or inside geometry.
* Fixed an issue where Hallfred, located in Berandas Keep Bottom level, wasn't set to have 0 health. He was intended to be dead, and thus had no fight, flee, alarm or hello-data.
* Fixed an issue where the legs on the candle 'Light_De_Candle_08' was set to use an alpha channel (transparent), even though the material was iron.
* Fixed a potential issue with Bolvyn Venim where you were unable to win honorably against him in the Vivec Arena duel.
* Fixed an issue where the Duke's Guard Boots and Duke's Guard Greaves had parts that were clipping badly with the body.
* Fixed an issue where the glove Olaf's Fist had no wrist object attached to it, causing it to clip with the wrist.
* Fixed an issue where Ababael Timsar-Dadisun mecantile skill was mistakenly changed from 100 to 60 (should be master trainer).
* Fixed issues where the potion-label UVs were not aligned properly, and were therfore missing the golden metal details.
* Fixed an issue where the enchantment for Stormkiss was set to 'cast on use' instead of 'cast when strikes'.
* Fixed an issue where one of Kragh Blight-Heart's spells, Kragh's Bane, had several effects set to self instead of 'on touch'.
* Fixed an issue where one of Dagoth Ur's spells, Curse of Dagoth, had effects that were set 'on self' instead of 'on touch'.
* Fixed an issue where the size of Slaughersharks made them get stuck here and there. I've reduced the size from 1.8 to 1.4.
* Fixed an issue where one part of the enchantment for the Madstone amulet was set 'on touch' instead of 'on self'.
* Fixed an issue where the spell Elemental Shield had an effect that were set 'on touch' instead of 'on self'.
* Fixed an issue where the spell Fortify Luck was set 'on touch' instead of 'on self'.
* Fixed an issue where 'Key to Valas Ancestral Tomb' didn't actually unlock anything.
* Fixed an issue where a forge in Tel Mora was almost completely buried in a rock.
* Fixed an issue where the entrance to 'Shal' was partially covered by a rock.
* Fixed an issue where the potion Spell Absorption: Exclusive used the wrong icon.
* Fixed an issue where the potion Night-Eye: Exclusive used the wrong icon.
* Fixed an issue where the potion Shadow: Standard used the wrong icon.
* Fixed an issue where Potion of Telekinesis had no icon.
* Fixed incorrect pathgrids.
Hilbongards Hammer [Rebirth specific], Tsiya's Skooma Pipe
* The souls of Lustidrike, Kragh Blight-Heart, Baeragoth, The Udyrfrykte, Dagoth Velos, Dagoth Ganel, Dagoth Mulyn, Ghost of Kanit Ashurnisammis, Ghost of Galos Heleran, Dulk, Krish, The Swimmer and Draugr-Lord Aesliip now all count as grand, and can be used for constant effect enchanting. Note: The soul values for the previously mentioned creatures didn't follow the new system for enchanting that was introduced a few patches ago, where only unique creatures had souls good enough for CE-enchanting.
* All potions have been rebalanced making most of them more useful (mainly the cheaper ones). For example a Fire Resistance: Bargain has gone from 5% for 8 seconds to 10% for 15 seconds, and a Feather: Bargain 5 pts for 8 secs to 25 pts for 15 seconds.
* You'll now get the full price for selling artifacts to the Mournhold Museum. Additionally if you steal an artifact from the museum you'll get a matching bounty (previously you'd get a bounty based on the vanilla values).
* Dozens of cheap and bargain potions were very difficult to come by due to ONLY being available in random-loot. I've added these potions to chests where it makes sense for them to be available.
* Dwemer Chests are now more likely to hold Dwemer Bolts, Dwemer misc items and Dwemer Coins. This also means that they are less likely to be completely empty.
* Added (or re-added) more Stoneflowers along Lake Amaya, since there were so few of them. Based on Ajira's description they should be quite common in that area.
* Added (or re-added) interiors to Wolverine Hall guard towers, plus you can now reach the rampart using a new entrance.
* Added more descriptive texts as to what kind of item you need when you want to mine for minerals or harvest muck.
* Potions of Burden, Paralysis, and Silence have been removed from leveled-lists and will thus no longer appear as random loot.
* You'll now have to get a bit closer to creatures such as Shalks, Foragers, Alits etc before they attack you.
* The imperial tavern "The Silver Barrel" has been moved from its old location outside Khuul to Fort Buckmoth.
* Travel Agents have been given a new class, "Travel Agent", and will now explain their trade in the "my trade" topic.
* Nolus Atrius has been given a new class, "Magistrate", and now explains his trade in the "my trade" topic.
* Mages Guild guides will now explain the requirements for using the Magic Circles.
* Archer Targets can now be used for practice, in the same way as dummies.
* Ashpits now act as containers, and have a chance to hold Gravedust.
* Daedra Heart drop chance has been increased from 25 % to 50 %.
* Dremora Archers are now less likely to run out of arrows.
* Wickwheat Muffin now restores health instead of fatigue.
Made some small changes to Pelagiad
* Added two bedrooms to the South Wall Cornerclub in Balmora. Previously there were no beds for members except for the one you could rent.
* Reworked Dralasa Nithryon Shop in Balmora with more clutter and a bedroom where Dralasa can sleep.
* Reworked Fadril's Shack in Seyda Neen with more living space and a bed for Fadril to sleep in.
* Added the Secret Master's Lockpick and Secret Master's Probe to the gameworld.
* Added a rather large bandit camp outside Ansi, Ascadian Isles.
* Added Eleven new frescos to various areas such as tombs.
* Added bettle-pens to Urshilaku Camp and Zainab Camp.
* Minor visual changes to Mount Assarnibibi Shrine.
* Minor visual changes to Vivec Entrance.
* Minor visual changes to Pelagiad.
* Minor visual changes to Ules Manor exterior.
* Major visual changes to Omani Manor exterior.
Ules and Omani Manor
Balmora - Labour Town District Overhaul
A large overhaul of the poor district of Balmora, also known as 'Labour Town'.
Molag Mar Overhaul
The open canton part of Molag Mar has recieved a complete overhaul, including a new tavern, a new trader, new houses, more clutter and npcs.
A rather large overhaul of Vos and the surrounding landscape making the town less grid-like and the landscape more organic and natural looking.
Ald Velothi Overhaul
Another overhaul of the overhaul. I wasn't really happy with the previous iteration, so I decided to spice things up with more clutter and more detailing including a small, albeit semi-destroyed wall surrounding the settlement.
Caldera Mine Overhaul
A small overhaul of the area near the mine entrance, making it look like there is a mining operation going on.
Dunmer Strongholds Overhaul
Tons of clutter has been added to the exteriors of some Dunmer Strongholds. This overhaul covers the following ruins:
- Hlormaren (5.0: Part 1)
- Andasreth (5.0: Part 1)
- Falasmaryon (5.0: Part 1)
- Berandas (5.0: Part 1)
- Telasero (5.0: Part 2)
Over the years I've recieved feedback that various areas of the game look a bit flat compared to vanilla. With this update I've begun to remedy this issue, starting with The Ascadian Isles, and some areas around Seyda Neen, Caldera, Vos and Balmora. This will be an ongoing project, so expect to see more changes in the future.
Player home tweaks
- Caldera Darkstone Manor cost from 75.000 gold to 50.000.
- Balmora River's Edge cost from 50.000 gold to 20.000.
- Vivec Strider's Rest cost from 50.000 gold to 20.000.
- Sadrith Mora Fungai Hill cost from 35.000 gold to 15.000.
- Ald'Ruhn Arwin cost from 30.000 gold to 10.000 gold.
- You can no longer pick/break the locks of the player homes using lockpicks, magic or scrolls. You need the correct key provided to you by the real-estate agent.
You can now find 6 different Spell Tomes corresponding to the 6 Magic Schools in Morrowind: Alteration, Restoration, Mysticism, Conjuration, Destruction and Illusion. Each book will
work like a scroll, and will be destroyed when used. The difference is that the bonuses of these tomes will last for 1000 in-game hours, meaning pretty much indefinitely. As for the bonuses
each book will provide a 10 skill bonus to its respective school of magic.
New Enchanted Armor
* Glimmering Helm
* Fortuitous Hand
* Vigorous Boots
* Prismatic Greaves
* Crimson Shield
* Imperial Roundshield
* Golden Saint Shield
* Silver Bracers
* Chitin Throwing Knife
* Daedric Field Arrow
* Netch Herder's Book of Jokes
* Wickwheat Ale
* Diseased Nix-Hound
Wickwheat Ale, Chitin Throwing Knife, Netch Herder's Book of Jokes
* Potion of Fortify Acrobatics
* Potion of Fortify Alchemy
* Potion of Fortify Alteration
* Potion of Fortify Armorer
* Potion of Fortify Athletics
* Potion of Fortify Axe
* Potion of Fortify Block
* Potion of Fortify Blunt Weapon
* Potion of Fortify Conjuration
* Potion of Fortify Destruction
* Potion of Fortify Enchant
* Potion of Fortify Hand-to-Hand
* Potion of Fortify Heavy Armor
* Potion of Fortify Illusion
* Potion of Fortify Light Armor
* Potion of Fortify Long Blade
* Potion of Fortify Marksman
* Potion of Fortify Medium Armor
* Potion of Fortify Mercantile
* Potion of Fortify Mysticism
* Potion of Fortify Restoration
* Potion of Fortify Security
* Potion of Fortify Short Blade
* Potion of Fortify Sneak
* Potion of Fortify Spear
* Potion of Fortify Speechcraft
* Shield: Bargain
* Shield: Cheap
* Shield: Standard
* Shield: Quality
* Shield: Exclusive
* Paralysis Resistance: Bargain
* Paralysis Resistance: Cheap
* Paralysis Resistance: Standard
* Paralysis Resistance: Quality
* Paralysis Resistance: Exclusive
* Cure Companion Blight Disease
* Cure Companion Common Disease
* Cure Companion Paralysis
* Cure Companion Poison
Voidwalker, Silver Bracer, Ring of the Wind, Conoon Chodala's Boots
* Draugr Berserker speed from 22 to 40.
* Draugr Deathlord speed from 22 to 40.
* Centurion Giant speed from 50 to 75.
* Slaughtershark speed from 50 to 40.
* Golden Saint speed from 55 to 65.
* Imperfect speed from 80 to 90.
* Ash Slave speed from 30 to 75.
* Ash Zombie speed from 35 to 65.
* Ash Ghoul speed from 60 to 65.
* Ash Scrib speed from 14 to 16.
* Scrib speed from 12 to 16.
* Enamor now has an enchantment (Blind 20 points for 5 seconds on strike).
* Stalhrim armor rating from from 55 to 60.
Spells (base cost)
* Charm base cost from 4 to 3.
* General fixes and improvements to 100+ models.
* General fixes and improvements to 100+ icons.
Note: The icons in Morrowind have always been pretty much all over the place. Most icons in the same categories are not tilting (not saying they have to, but weapons are especially bad) in the same direction, making it difficult to get a clear picture of the stuff you are looking for. For example axes generally tilt to the right, swords generally to the left, while some don't tilt at all. On top of that Rebirth includes a ton of new meshes for hundreds of items, making some icons not really representative of what they now look like. All in all I hope that the new icons make things a bit easier on the eyes, while also representing the actual look of the item behind it.
New models for unique items
* New model, icon and texture for Ring of the Hortator.
* New model, icon and texture for Vampiric Ring.
* New model, icon and texture for Ring of Khajiit.
* New model, icon and texture for Akatosh's Ring.
* New model and icon for Dahrk Mezalf's Ring.
* New model and icon for Ring of the Wind.
* New model and icon for Hilbongard's Hammer.
* New model and icon for Sinyaramen's Potion.
* New model and icon for Tsiya's Skooma Pipe.
* New model and icon for Waters of Life.
* New model and icon for Redas Chalice.
* New model and icon for Love Potion.
* New model and icon for Iron Longbow.
* New texture and icon for Shortbow of Sanguine Sureflight.
* New texture and icon for Conoon Chodala's Boots.
* New texture and icon for Silver Lager.
* New models for broken crates (+ new variations).
* New leaves for Comberry Bushes.
* New unique look for Dagoth Geres.
New unique look for Dagoth Geres
* Wood Elf
- One With Nature (Chameleon) magnitude from 50 to 25.
- One With Nature (Chameleon) duration from 30 to 60.
* Some mercenaries have been given new equipment.
* The minumum and maximum chance of blocking has been increased. This change will make blocking more common, while also making it more of a factor to be reckoned with at higher skill-levels.
* You now have to somewhat face NPCs or creatures for a successful attack. This change will also make it far less likely that you'll ever hit friendlies.
* You now have to somewhat face NPCs or creatures for a successful block.
* Fatigue drain for running has been brought back to vanilla levels. Previously you could run pretty much forever without having to stop for a rest.
* Critical strikes now deal 3x the normal damage instead of 4x the normal damage.
* Attribute multipliers have been brought back to vanilla levels.
* The speed of magic projectiles have been increased somewhat.
* Enchanting items at a vendor is now 20 % cheaper.
* Sucessfully picking a lock now gives you 2.5 points instead of 2.0 points towards a skill increase in Security.
* Sucessfully disabling a trap now gives you 5 points instead of 3 points towards a skill increase in Security.
* Repair hammers, probes and lockpicks are now somewhat more expensive.
* Fixed an issue where Dark Brotherhood assassins spawned earlier than intended due 'Morrowind Patch Project 1.6.6 [For Rebirth].esm' changing the same script as Morrowind Rebirth [Main].
* Fixed a couple of script issues, dialogue typos and incorrect filters.
* Added a compatibility patch for 'Siege at Firemoth'.
* Improved credit list.
* Improved readme.
It's time for another small update fixing a couple of issues while also tweaking some stuff. It's a rather minor update, but I thought it was worthwhile...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is a patch for Morrowind Rebirth 4.9. Apply after main file.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.