1) Morrowind Rebirth is nothing like MGSO. Rebirth is all about enhancing the in-game experience by overhauling cities/landscapes, by fixing bugs and balance issues, and by introducing new creatures, weapons and armor-pieces. MGSO as you might have noticed by now, is all about graphics and sound. Obviously there are some graphical elements in Rebirth, but these are mainly mesh-replacers, and are aimed to make the in-game models a bit easier on the eyes.
2) Morrowind Rebirth is not a mod-compilation. Yes there are a few mods included in Rebirth, but I wouldn't call that a compilation. This mod was made by hand, using assets and resources made by Bethesda and the Morrowind community.
Morrowind is the third game in the series known as the ” The Elder Scrolls”. You might be familiar with the previous games in the series, such as "Arena" and "Daggerfall", but most certainly you're well aware of Morrowind's sequels: "Oblivion" and "Skyrim". Morrowind hit the store shelves back in 2002, and became an instant hit among the entire gaming community. It was not only embraced due to its stunning graphics of that time but also for the intriguing storyline, the immersive gameworld and its depth. Some RPG enthusiasts also regard Morrowind to be one of the best role-playing games of all time, sharing the title with other fantastic games such as ”Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn”, ”Neverwinter Nights” and ”Dragon Age:Origins”.
The game takes place on the island of Vvardenfell, which is a province in Morrowind. Due to the nature of the game you can actually do anything you like, without getting punished for it. Perhaps that's also the main reason to why it's still so popular, more than 10 years after its release. Morrowind is a great game, of that can be no doubt.
"Rebirth" sprung to life in 2007 with my mod-series ”New Cities Project”, which basically can be described as town-expansions of different cities such as Seyda Neen, Caldera and Gnisis. As this project went on, I had some sort of revelation; why not merge all the plugins, and create a massive overhaul of sorts? What you see here is the result of that process; A full concept modification, or overhaul if you will, that will transform Vvardenfell into something very special. Down below you can view some of the changes, but expect to see a lot more in-game.
Please keep in mind that this mod is a work in progress, meaning that things can and will change. For those of you who want more information about the changes in this modification, please refer to the changelog which can be found here: Moddb.com
New encounters and places to visit
Explore the Island of Vvardenfell once again, but keep in mind that things are not what they used to be. New packs of bandits and villains have made it harder to travel throughout the wilderness, new dark cults have formed and it's harder than ever before to survive in an already dark and hostile environment.
Rebuilt cities with loads of details
Cities are no longer empty shells with a few NPCs wandering about. Expect a massive increase in detail including new traders, NPCs, houses, shops, Inns and an overall feel that cities are actually "alive".
More than 20 new creatures to battle
Encounter new vicious creatures such as the mighty Draugr Deathlord, the chilling Frost Monarch or the charming Daedra Seducer. Beware, these foes are not to be taken lightly!
New weapons, armor and misc items
Battle your way throughout Vvardenfell with a vast array of new weapons and armor, both normal ones that complement existing sets, and uniques' that are far more powerful.
New music, splashscreens and main menus
Included are new tracks, suited for both battles and for exploration, 11 new beautifully crafted splash screens, and two new main menu screens. These additons are optional, and not needed for the mod to function properly.
Better landscapes with less seams and floaters.
In Morrowind there were a lot of empty flat areas and very little efficiency in use of space. With Rebirth I've tried to eliminate these issues, giving each area a unique look. There has also been an effort to eliminate all texture seams and floaters throughout the world.
Balance tweaks and bugfixes
Fixed a large number of floaters, reduced clipping meshes, corrected miss-aligned objects and fixed some script/text bugs. Also tweaked settings, spells, weapons, armor, misc items, merchants etc to make the game more balanced and thus more enjoyable.
It's important that you, the players, provide me with feedback and support. Without it I might not be able to track down bugs introduced by Morrowind Rebirth. You're also welcome to report issues found in vanilla Morrowind. Post your bug-reports in the forum section here: Moddb.com , at nexus: Nexusmods.com or send me a personal message.
Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul and Morrowind Rebirth
Again, Morrowind Rebirth is nothing like MGSO. Rebirth is all about enhancing the in-game experience by overhauling cities/landscapes, by fixing bugs and balance issues, and by introducing new creatures, weapons and armor-pieces. MGSO as you might have noticed by now, is all about graphics and sound. Obviously there are some graphical elements in Rebirth, but these are mainly mesh-replacers, and are aimed to make the in-game models a bit easier on the eyes.
With that said, is Morrowind Rebirth compatible with MGSO? That depends! There are some things you need to do in order to avoid issues (though you may still experience some issues). Start by downloading MGSO, then click the installer, and follow the instructions until you reach to "custom option"-screen. Now keep in mind that you need to tick the "custom mod" option for each flora region. You will also need to deactivate grass by choosing "no grass" for both Vvardenfell and Solstheim. Last but not least. Do NOT tick "Animated Morrowind". It's not compatible with Morrowind Rebirth.
When you've completed the installation, please continue with Morrowind Rebirth. Extract the files to your Morrowind root folder as stated in the Morrowind Rebirth readme. If you're told to overwrite any files, press "no" (I've had a few people reporting that pressing "yes" might cause issues). There's also five plugins included in the MGSO archive that need to be removed: "Texture Fix 2.0.esm", "Poorly Placed Object Fix 1.2.esm", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm", "Windows Glow" and "Animated Morrowind". That should be it.
Old Save Games
Please read the article "How to update your old save game to a new version using Wyre Mash", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Installation and requirements
Please read the article "Installation & requirements", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Morrowind Rebirth is a huge modification and will not work well with a lot of other mods, especially those that alter landscape or add new buildings. There's no list of specific mods that work with Rebirth, but the most popular ones like "Tamriel Rebuilt" and "LGNPC" should work just fine (minor issues). Mods that add or alter dialogue should work well too. If you have any other questions regarding mods and compatibility, let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.
Do not use "Morrowind Rebirth - Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta [Rebirth Edit]" included in the Morrowind Rebirth archive along with "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta [BTB Edit]", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.6 Beta" or the "Unofficial Morrowind Patch Project". Also note that "Texture Fix 2.0", "Poorly Placed Object Fix v1.2", "Windows Glow", and "Animated Morrowind" are not compatible with Morrowind Rebirth.
Hey my friends! It's time for another update, v 3.4! As you can see down below there's a lot of stuff in this update. If you haven't played Morrowind Rebirth before I urge you to watch the trailer:
* 'com_chest_11_k01' was supposed to contain 5 randomly generated items, but the Bloodmoon expansion modified its contents to be just one random restore potion.
* Raviso Andalas, Molag Mar, will no longer offer trading services (He didn't have anything for sale).
* Nalion, Gateway Inn, will no longer offer trading services (He didn't have anything for sale).
* 'Ring of Wizard's Fire' now causes Fire Damage instead of Drain Health.
Morrowind Rebirth Fixes
* Removed references to Fiend and Devil weapons from Ra'Virr's dialogue as he no longer sell these items.
* NPCs in Gorvas Vulves Tower, Seyda Neen will no longer have generic names such as "Cultist".
* Removed a duplicate of 'barrel_01_ahnassi_food', which is supposed to be a unique container.
* Removed an Adamantium Dagger that was laying just outside the Census Offices in Seyda Neen.
* Dremoras and Golden Saints will no longer fail casting bound weapons.
* Ragnfid, a resident in Balmora, no longer wears Nordic Mail.
* Dremora Lords will no longer conjure "Bound Dagger".
* Removed a missplaced force-field in Ularradalluku.
* Some Khajiit slaves had no head assigned to them.
* Silver Crossbow icon is now transparent.
* Landscape fixes and improvements.
* Added pathgrids to the Deadlands.
* Fixed typos in books/notes.
Morrowind Rebirth Changes
* NPCs will no longer die from standing in a fire. NPC AI simply doesn't recognize the danger of it, thus it had to be removed.. Damage still applies to the player.
* All keys have been renamed so that the player actually know where each key goes (Key to..).
* Removed unnecessary NPCs and clutter in Balmora in an attempt to improve performance.
* Increased practice dummy health from 2500 to 3000.
* Duke's Guards in Ebonheart are no longer clones.
Morrowind Rebirth Additions
* A longship carrying what seems to be nord raiders has been sighted in the Sheogorad region. Their intentions are so far unknown..
* Added trapdoors to the gatehouses in Caldera. The poor guards shouldn't have to use levitation to get onto the battlements.
* Boiled Netch Leather Pauldrons can now be found/bought in/at various locations.
* Placed another Daedric Tower Shield in the gameworld (used to be only one).
* Ald Redaynia, a new village located just north of Urshilaku Camp.
* Minor overhaul of Khuul and its surroundings (clutter etc).
* Minor overhaul of Wolverine Hall (clutter etc).
* Ald'ruhn is now completely surrounded by walls.
* Suran now has a city gate.
* All Warhammers/Battle Axes will now cause less damage across the board. These changes also make Warhammers the most deadly weapons in the game (used to be Battle Axes).
* Daedric Dart value from 500 to 350.
* Ebony Dart value from 500 to 175.
* Hearth Heal magnitude changed from 25-50 to 15-30 (remember that this is a starting spell).
* Firebite/Shockbite/Frostbite magnitude changed from 15-30 to 15-25.
* Energy Leech duration changed from 30 to 1.
* Energy Leech magnitude changed from 5-30 to 5-25.
* Open magnitude changed from 10-10 to 5-25.
* Open spell cost changed from 9 to 10.
* Ondusi's Open Door magnitude changed from 75-75 to 25-50.
* Ondusi's Open Door spell cost changed from 60 to 20.
* Wild Open magnitude changed from 75-75 to 50-75.
* Wild Open spell cost changed from 45 to 40.
* Jump magnitude changed from 5-5 to 10-10.
* Jump duration changed from 10 to 30.
* Tinur's Hoptoad magnitude changed from 10-10 to 15-15.
* Tinur's Hoptoad duration changed from 10 to 30.
* Feather magnitude changed from 50 to 25.
* Feather duration changed from 30 to 60.
* Strong Feather magnitude changed from 75 to 50.
* Strong Feather duration changed from 30 to 60.
* Great Feather magnitude changed from 100 to 75.
* Great Feather duration changed from 30 to 60.
* Ulms' Juicedaw Feather magnitude changed from 150 to 100.
* Ulms' Juicedaw Feather duration changed from 30 to 60.
* Earwig magnitude changed from 10 to 15.
* Wild Earwig magnitude changed from 40 to 45
* Sanctuary magnitude changed from 20 to 15.
* Sanctuary duration changed from 10 to 15.
* Father's hand duration changed from 10 to 15.
* Sotha's Grace magnitude changed from 40 to 45.
* Sotha's Grace duration changed from 10 to 15.
* Lightning Storm magnitude changed from 5-20 to 5-15.
* Toxic Cloud magnitude changed from 5-20 to 5-15.
* Fire Storm magnitude changed from 5-20 to 5-15.
* Frost Storm magnitude changed from 5-20 to 5-15.
* Shockguard magnitude changed from 100-100 to 75-75.
* Poisonguard magnitude changed from 100-100 to 75-75.
* Fireguard magnitude changed from 100-100 to 75-75.
* Frostguard magnitude changed from 100-100 to 75-75.
Spell Base Cost
* Fire/Frost/Shock/Poision-damage spells are now somewhat more costly.
* Cure Common Disease-spells are now much cheaper.
* Cure Blight Disease-spells are now much cheaper.
* Cure Poison-spells are now slightly cheaper.
* Sanctuary spells are now slightly cheaper.
* Sound spells are now slightly cheaper.
* Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw enchantment from Fortify Agility/Endurance 10 points to Fortify Agility/Endurance 15 points.
* Ring of Fire Storm enchantment duration changed from 3 to 2.
* Ring of Fire Storm enchantment charge changed from 150 to 120.
* Ring of Ice Storm enchantment duration changed from 3 to 2.
* Ring of Ice Storm enchantment charge changed from 150 to 120.
* Ring of Toxic Cloud magnitude changed from 1-20 to 5-20.
* Ring of Toxic Cloud enchantment duration changed from 10 to 2.
* Ring of Toxic Cloud enchantment charge changed from 150 to 120.
* Ring of Lightning Storm enchantment duration changed from 3 to 2.
* Ring of Lightning Storm enchantment charge changed from 150 to 120.
* Scroll of Elemental Burst: Fire/Shock/Frost magnitude changed from 20-50 to 15-45.
* Scroll of Elemental Burst: Fire/Shock/Frost area changed from 10 to 8.
* Leveled list for enchanted rings has been overhauled to make more sense. For example Firebolt Ring should drop at an earlier level than Cruel Firebolt Ring, and Cruel Firebolt Ring should drop earlier than Dire Firebolt Ring etc.
* Calvus Horatius, the mercenary for hire in Tribunal, is now a bit better equipped, and has a bit more health/fatigue.
* Most merchants have recieved a boost to their mercantile skill (NPC level + 30).
* Removed Sword of White Woe from Balmora, Eastern Guard Tower.
* Rocks in the Azura's Coast Region will now use vanilla textures and will therefore be affected by texture replacers of your choise.
* Rocks in the Red Mountain Region will now use the texture "tx_rm_rock_01" (as in vanilla) instead of "tx_rm_rock_02".
* Made the Stonecrab texture a bit less colorful to match the overall color-scheme of Morrowind.
* Fixed an issue where the mesh 'in_com_trapbottom_01' had an incorrect texture assigned to it.
* Fixed an issue where the mesh 'in_nord_ladder_01' had an incorrect texture assigned to it.
* Fixed an issue where the mesh 'in_nord_ladder_02' had an incorrect texture assigned to it.
* Included a fix for 'apparatus_s_alembic_01.nif', which had two uv glitches.
* Included improved/fixed Velothi interior meshes.
Balmora's Underworld Changes
* Balance changes, bug fixes and improvements.
* Removed bugged province maps from the mod (Skyrim, Hammerfell etc).
* Removed unnecessary files from the archive.
* Removed Thieves Guild armor from the mod.
* Removed Daedra Seducers from the mod.
Have fun guys!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
Highest Rated (9 agree) 10/10
subtle changes making Morrowind a completely fresh experience
I wandered around for a short while, not having played the game for years and I couldn't quite put my finger on it; but it just felt as if though the whole game-world had changed
simply amazing accomplishment
Dec 11 2011 by Lord_Santa