Killing Floor is a survival horror total conversion set in London, England. In a laboratory under the city, a series of human experiments in cloning and biological augmentation are being conducted by the employees of "Horizon". Horizon is a BioTech corporation formerly employed by the government to do the R&D on a top secret series of synthetic combat drugs which would enhance the effectiveness of soldiers in the field. Horizon's funding was cut, when their practices were deemed too immoral even for such a controversial project, but the research didn't stop. Funded by private money from the deep pockets of Horizon chairman and research scientist Kevin Clamely, tests continued in a more...private location. That was until something went wrong. There were reports that the lab had been comprimised; that the subjects were behaving abnormally...then, silence. Several days later, twisted shapes began to emerge from the confines of the lab into the city above.
The cult favorite Unreal 2k4 mod goes retail on Steam!
Posted by stenchy on Mar 20th, 2009
For those who are wondering why the latest update to the Killing Floor mod is taking so long, check this out:
Tripwire_Interactive wrote:Roswell, GA, March 20th 2009 - Tripwire Interactive is proud to announce Killing Floor, due for release over Steam in the near future. Killing Floor is a first-person co-op survival horror, set in and around London after a mad scientist's "specimens" have broken loose and gone on the rampage.
The game features:
- Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens
- Solo game mode for offline play
- Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo "ZEDtime", even in multiplayer
- 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
- 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
- Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
- Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character's skills and abilities
- Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
- Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight - or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
- Full support for Steamworks features, including Steam Achievements and Friends
- Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
- Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
Killing Floor is now going to be a standalone game! Congrats to Alex AKA Mr. Kadish on taking his baby to retail! VE3D also has an article up with some screens. As soon as Alex is done "celebrating", I'm told we can expect an official Killing Floor game profile here on ModDB. Another win for modders!