Halo: Starside Intercept is a Homeworld 2 total conversion bringing tactical space combat to the Halo universe. Read More...
Halo: Starside Intercept is a Homeworld 2 total conversion bringing tactical space combat to the Halo universe. The mod will take players onto the front lines of the Human-Covenant war and beyond. Control the vast UNSC fleet in the epic struggle against the alien onslaught, or command the mighty Covenant armada and cleanse the galaxy of the heretic infestation. In Starside Intercept, you can make and break alliances, capture enemy flagships, even land your armies on the surface of Halo itself.
Screenshots and concept art can be found on my Photobucket:
Discuss the mod on our community forum:
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to shoot me a PM, or send us an email at:
As you probably already read on Halo Homefront or elsewhere, Homeworld Remastered is nearly here and it looks fantastic. Now, I've been super swamped in other projects and university, so my updates have been few and far between, but I will make time to play it. In addition to time constraints, some of my major holdups for Starside Intercept were demoralizing engine limitations (mainly Z-buffering). With Homeworld Remastered, it looks like many of these limitations have been dealt with. Such engine improvements include:
1. Drastically improved shaders -self explanatory, it just looks a lot better.
2. Ships casting shadows on other ships -this may sound minor, but it really does give a sense of scale when say a cruiser launches from a shipyard and it's in the shadow of the shipyard, or when halo casts a shadow upon itself.
3. Improved shadows -in the original HW2, the shadow resolution was very low, and had jagged looking lines. The new shadows look significantly better.
4. Improved HDR/bloom effects -like the shadows, HW2 had primitive bloom effects that looked too bad to actually implement in a mod. HWR has beautiful HDR effects, god rays, pretty much everything. I think it may even has ships reflecting off of other ships? (field frigate?)
5. 4K resolution -the UI had trouble with higher resolution, not any more. The increased resolution should have other benefits as well.
6. Improved mod support through Steam workshop -I gathered this from watching the PAX panel, no idea how much of an improvement we can expect.
This is just a short list of things that I've been able to see in just the few minutes of gameplay they've shown. No idea if they fixed the Z-clipping issue or not, but it looks fantastic, so I'm definitely interested in taking another thwack at this mod. Most likely I will NOT be able to work on this project until May, just too busy with school. I have a pretty good paying engineering job lined up for the Summer, but I should have more free time then than I do now. I graduate in December with my BSE, maybe more free time after? This is a tentative time table so you can better understand when to expect content updates.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.