Fully integrated per pixel lighting and shadowing technology (diffuse, normalmapping, specular lighting, with shadowmaps or shadow volumes supported), lightmapping and deluxemapping (directional shading for lightmaps, supporting full normalmap and specular features), and a variety of material effects fully integrated in one shader system that deals with all situations.
Variety of file formats supported (Quake1 and Quake3 file formats, skeletal models, various image formats, ogg vorbis support on all sound effects, and more).
Game logic scripting in QuakeC programming language.
Advanced networking designed to scale from dialup to broadband, with automatic distance-based prioritization for optimal close-range gameplay in a densely populated world.
Realistic global fog feature with height limit for seamless blending with sky.
ODE physics engine integration.
Per-polygon collision detection optimized for large static meshes, as well as Quake brush technology.
Background music support with sequential and random playlists and playlist switching (with resume), in ogg vorbis or wav format.
CD audio support.
Quake MDL, Quake2 MD2, Quake3 MD3, DarkPlaces DPM (converters from SMD and MD5), DarkPlaces/Cube2 IQM (Blender exporter available, SMD converter available), UnrealEngine PSK, Wavefront OBJ, Quake1 BSP, Quake3 BSP.
Well so much things happend in this time, a lot of work was done in the game and now there are some new and great mechanics that reflect more the kind of game that is aiming A Dark Place to be. And also there are some good recibment of the people about this proyect. We where invited to show the game in the EVA 2016 (Exposición de Videojuegos Argentina),wich is the more big game show of Argentina,we show the game with some other proyects in colaboration of Gamexel,another game indie studio friend.
The game now is entering slowly to the beta phase,and we hope to make some release of the game at any time,so stay tuned for more news about the game.
So now,we go to the important,a lot of screens and exciting good news and features! :
(Warning! There are a lot of cool screens of the game,so take a time to load all this great pictures)
- Dude playing the game and scaring himself a little.
- Playing in the big T.V for a more scaring experience.
- Always turn on the flashlight or run, wherever you want to do.
- All playing very focused in the games.
- Running and watching that precious game field.
- And the last picture of the expo, in the dark halls of the game...
It was a great pleausure to show A Dark Place in the game expo more big in our country,we have a very great feedback from the people that played and everyone enjoy the game and scary a lot also,dont ever play this game alone in the dark....
And now, a big bunch of screens from the last version of the game,with all the new features and things that you will expect to see:
- New work in the exterior map and the route part.
- New and beautiful trees and more ambience to the exterior.
- New and optimised shader work with some cool texture effects.
- New game interactions with the environment and a lot of detailing in the map,like some spider nets.
- And of course,our great friend in this adventure (if you have enough battery) the flashlight!
- The flashlight will serve you as a help to defeat the dark places of the factory.
- New exploring system,you can open all the lockers and search for objects,like batteries, flares, keys, and more.
- And if you find a light that works,don't even trust in that light.
- But in any case there is always flares that you can search in the game to light your way for a time.
- Finding switches and interacting with them always make something in the game.
- More improved and optimised storm system.
- New textures and a more in depth style to the industrial environments.
- More updates to the original level design of the factory map.
- Randomised switch system,so if you replay the game,switches maybe can change the original localization that they used to be before.
- Improved rain,thunder and storm sounds to make a more in depth experience.
- And more dark and creepy rooms to not get lost in them.
So,that it´s all for now,we hope that you follow the game here,or if you want you can follow the game and other CatGazing game developments in our Facebook page, or in our friend page Gamexel.
See you in the next update!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
A Dark Place is a stealth horror game in which you are trapped in a old factory and you dont know what are you doing there or how you ended up in that...
Dead Morning is a open source standalone game based on the Darkplaces engine, with a short psychological horror story, a great storyline and ambience...
Let it Grow is an adventure first person game, with narrative components, focussed in exploration and resolution of puzzles in which every object and...
Just Shoot Fury is a fast paced arena instagib shooter
1996 called and asked for SUPERHOT. We delivered! SUPERQOT is an unholy concoction of the following bits and pieces: QUAKE by id Software, DARKPLACES...
Katharsis is a first person gothic novel game with Stealth and RPG elements, based on the DarkPlaces engine.
RetroBlazer features elements prevalent in 2D games with a focus on classic running-and-gunning gameplay. You are challenged by a wide variety of enemies...
A standalone game based on Xonotic which included extended weapons, maps, vehicles, buildable buildings, mounted weapons, spell casting, monsters, player...
Take a plunge beneath the surface to discover a wondorous underwater world. Hunt fish and collect loot while avoiding predators and other dangers. Think...
This is a project where I share experience. It's not really for players but for DarkPlaces developers mostly.
No games were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the game list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add game and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (2 agree) 10/10
Engine of choice if you still dabble in quake one. What can it do? Ton of visual effects & rendering magic. It CAN load Quake 3 maps! Yes, quake 3. All shaders arent supported, but this is one heck of an achievement. Also loads half-life maps. Super customize quake-c code - create console vars on the fly, detect map information like texture names - there is a massive extension list in dpextensions.qc. Colored lighting for your maps. Dynamic lighting. This list goes on. Open source, so you could…
Aug 25 2011 by numbersix