Your tribe has survived over ten years of drought but now their reserves are at an end. The village elders have selected you to wear the sacred Vault-suit of your grandsire and travel the perilous Wastes in search of the holy GECK — a mythical piece of pre-collapse technology that can restore the land to bounty.
Resurrection version 1.5 is now available for download.
Basic information regarding the patch that we recommend you read before updating Resurrection:
- The patch can be applied to Resurrection version 1.4 only. The English version of the patch doesn't contain changes from the older versions of the game, because the first English release was already version 1.4.
- Save slots from the older version aren't compatible with the new version of the game. After certain changes, Fallout 2 isn't able to load saves made before those changes. Therefore save slots from older versions of Resurrection won't load in Resurrection version 1.5.
- We have updated the versions Sfall and High Resolution patch that are included with Resurrection. If some time in the future you want to update them to newer versions, you can easily do so by copying the newest versions of the ddraw.dll file (for Sfall) or the f2_res.dll file (for High Resolution patch) into the Fallout 2/Resurrection directory. But do not copy ddraw.ini or f2_res.ini into the Fallout 2/Resurrection directory. There're specific settings in these files for Resurrection that are different from the default settings of High Resolution patch and Sfall.
- Since the ini files of High Resolution patch and Sfall are updated with the patch as well, your settings in them (for example the game's resolution) will be set back to default. You'll have to redo your settings with Resurrection's Configuration Program, or by editing those files manually.
- The folder "resdata" found in the folder "Resurrection" was renamed to "data" for version 1.5. The patch installer will take care of the renaming automatically. Thanks to this change, various programs for Fallout file editing will now work with Resurrection without a problem.
- If you downloaded some files containing hot fixes beforehand, you should delete those files before installing the patch (check sub folders in the Resurrection/data folder, or in the case of version 1.4 in the Resurrection/resdata folder). Those fixes are now part of version 1.5.
- If you want to see what's new in version 1.5, read the fores_change.log file found in the Resurrection folder, or check the changelog here (beware though, it contains SPOILERS!).
- If you encounter a problem installing or running Resurrection, check the readme file first. The solution to your problem might be there. If the readme doesn't help, let us know on our forum, or email us and we'll try to help you.
One example of small improvement for version 1.5: Some of the players didn't notice imperial army lieutenant Terrak in the Wild Paradise. He's an important character because by talking with him, a quest line concerning the Anonym starts and the player gains access to the Imperial City. So now when the player asks the barman about the patrons of the Wild Paradise, he'll mention Terrak along with the others, and the player can then ask to learn more about him.
Enjoy the game!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This program modifies "fallout2.exe" in memory for the purposes of increasing the visual resolution, playing in a window and other enhancements.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (5 agree) 10/10
Old classic. I played with it first in 2010, but I loved it. I think this game must be the idol of every game. It's improved a lot since the first part.
Jul 9 2011 by Attila1945