Jubilee version of the Titanium Wars Mod. Five years ago (15 December 2008) it was the first day of the development of the Titanium Wars Mod. Now the...
Titanium Wars Mod for Soulstorm ver. 1.00.19. (It was restricted on ModDB, explanation here and here.)
NB!: Also read Titanium Wars FAQ item 4.8 (about private status).
Grumbling Orc Game Development,
Grumbling Orc Great Hall, December 2008 - April 2015.
NB!: This Mod only for Soulstorm ver.1.2 (not for Dark Crusade)!!!
Dark Crusade version see here.
NB!: Before ask here on ModDB any question about the Mod,
read Titanium Wars FAQ here in forum section. Also look on Change log.
Thread on Warforge forum - official forum of the Titanium Wars Mod.
Welcome to the World of epic wars on Titanium Wars Mod arena.
This is almost classic gameplay DoW Mod but with almost all GW units. If you was tired by "revolutionary revision of gameplay" mods you are welcome here. In this Mod you'll see very interesting dynamic extended gameplay with fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer. If you dream about epic Warhammer 40000 battles then this is your Mod. If you want to see all Warhammer 40000 units in one mod then this is your Mod. This Mod is a kind of a superstructure over original masterpiece from Relic and it isn't a radical revision of all gameplay ideas of DoW. Main motto of this Mod: "All Warhammer 40000 units must be in DoW!" See Mod's readme-files and visit the official forum of the Titanium Wars Mod on Warforge for more information. This is HUGE Mod. So much work was done and so much work awaits in future development!
Good luck in your epic battles in Warhammer 40000 Universe!!!
Features of this mod:
- Many-many new units and buildings. Extended tech tree. 12 playable W40k-races.
- Many-many new abilities and upgrades.
- New Heroes and fully functional Heroes wargear.
- RPG elements from CutterShane's Heroes System. Experienced units after battles.
- Fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer.
- And finally Titans and Titan-like units!
- Main goal of this Mod: all Games Workshop units in DoW game.
- This is high quality Mod. This Mod was made with Relic standard of quality (and even higher for some parts and aspects).
- This Mod was the first DoW mod when you can see Titans and Titan-like units in all game types (campaign, skirmish and multiplayer).
- This Mod changed mind of DoW Community about Titans in game (balance issue). Now we see many mods with Titans.
- A lot of work was made in this Mod framework on 3D-level and in OE-code for Relic and DoW Community models. Many units and buildings were reworked to more quality variants (behaviour especially). Titanium Wars stuff are used in many other mods now.
- This Mod is new view on campaign. You can see new quality of game in campaign (especially in strongholds with new scar-code scripts).
Installation instructions can be found in readme files (file setup(eng).txt in Mod's folder in archive file) and/or here on ModDB local forum.
Note about known software problem under Windows 7: Known problem with campaign playing. Old DoW engine is not truly compatible with Windows 7. (Maybe Windows Vista and Windows 8 too. No any problems under Windows XP 32bit.) The problem is only in the end of some Strongholds in campaign. Sometimes DoW game crash after playing outro before end-mission-screen. This is software problem. DoW1 is very old game now without any support from Relic. TWM is not guilty... Methods of solution are described in Titanium Wars FAQ item 2.11. Please read and use one of these methods. Note: Steam version of DoW (ver.1.3) do not need methods like 1 and 2.
I WISH TO EXPRESS MANY THANKS TO:
- Games Workshop for creation our beloved Game Universe and serious support to Warhammer 40000 fans for many-many years.
- Relic as best game developers team in all Our World.
- Corsix's Mod Studio and its creator.
- Dawn of War Texture Tool and its creators.
- Brother Santos as creator Santos' Tools for 3Dsmax 2008.
- Annihilation, TTRU (especially), Firestorm (especially), DoW Pro, Steel Legion, Inquisition Daemonhunt (especially), Whitch Hunters (especially), Craftworld, and Tyranid (especially) mods creators. Without those mods, I would never find so many ready-made models and its corresponding elements (textures, icons, sounds) necessary for basic idea of this Mod.
- Enthusiast-creators of new models, textures and FXs for DoW. This Mod was never created without good hard work of modelers and artists from International DoW Community. They created many beautiful good functional models for DoW Mods. Take my hot gratitude guys...
- Special thanks to Winterdyne as author of Warhound Titan model.
- Special thanks to Catwell as author of Great Unclean Ones and Keeper of Secrets models. Hierophant Bio-Titan too.
- Special thanks to Maestrorobertus as author of Stompa model.
- Special thanks to BoyChaos as author of Annihilation Barge, Doomsday Ark, and Ghost Ark models.
- Heroes System. Original Heroes idea and implementation by CutterShane 2006. Heroes Special rework by Arkhan 2007. Big thanks for their work.
- AI programmers from Dawn Of Skirmish Mod Team.
- Special thanks to Thudmeizer for his directions to some existing DoW models which were unknowing for me. (Needs list was partially satisfied.)
- Thanks to SS BugFix mod team for their detailed readme file. Some their observations were very useful and some their fixes were incorporated into the Titanium Wars Mod.
- Eugene Roshal for his great multi-functional file-manager Far.
- My best friend Vadim Nikitin for support.
- Alexei Yudichev, Evgeny Nikiforov, and Irina Fridman for their help with editing of English variant of readme-file.
- And you for reading this text and your interest for Titanium Wars.
Also great thanks to our donators. Look on file "Donations.txt" in the Mod's folder or follow to this link to make donations. List of TWM-donators can be seen there. Donations remind modders that modders have to work. :)
Grumbling Orc Great Hall, February 2012.
- !!! - Please read the text below before write here anything. - !!! -
The rules of moderation of comments.
- Abusive, disrespectful and rude behavior is prohibited.
- Stupid questions are prohibited too. Please think before you'll speak and write.
- If you are not able to download files from ModDB, do not ask me about it in comments. Ask ModDB admins about it. Or use alternative download links on Warforge.
- Read Titanium Wars FAQ. Do not ask questions from the FAQ.
- Do not promote other mods (in any form). Also do not make any other offtopic.
- Do not ask huge questions about TWM in comments. Please go to the forums for that.
- Do not ask technical questions here. Please read Titanium Wars FAQ first. Go to the forums if you do not find the answer to your question.
- Do not use public comments as PM to me. Use true PM for private communication.
- Please never ask about link/password to free access to latest version of TWM-SS here. I had made "easter eggs" enough in order to people be able to find my private download links.
- Please do not discuss here free access to TWM-SS, it does not make sense. We must respect the decision of the admins of ModDB here. TWM-SS was restricted here officially. If you have wish to restore free status for TWM-SS here on ModDB, ask admins of ModDB directly and persuade them about it in personal mails.
Comments (which do not comply with these rules) will be deleted. Please do not spam here. If your comment was deleted, it means that it does not conform to the rules. Just stop posting here. Go to the forums if you are needed the answer to your questions and/or discussions.
NB!: Titanum Wars Mod for Soulstorm was restricted here on ModDB since January 2014. Now I unable to upload the new version of TWM-SS here on ModDB by admins' decision. Read below (in this article) and read Titanium Wars FAQ item 4.8 about it. Visit Russian DoW Community to find new version. Number of latest version of TWM for SS can be seen here. Also look on Change log. Private status of TWM for SS is not my fault. I hope you understand this.
The situation around the Titanium Wars Mod (TWM) for Soulstorm (SS) and its clarification.
This is half-year story. In May 2013 TWM for SS with Tyranid race was created. In the end of May 2013 I spoke with Zaha (zahagiel from Tyranid Mod team) about permission of Tyranid content for TWM. I had a big petition: to allow to TWM the Tyranid content without using "simple combiner" method because there are many-many technical reasons. I asked such permission as exception exclusively for TWM. TWM is not compatible with any other DoW-mods because it have very special concept in all aspects of DoW-modding. All content from any other mods was re-made within TWM-framework. Thus combiner method does not make sense for TWM and this method will lead to glitches which are not acceptable in TWM with its level of quality. Zaha refused in my request, but I have not lost hope to persuade him. I posted on Tyranid team own forum by Zaha's invitation. However I was ignored there. All work was paused until autumn 2013...
In the end of autumn 2013 I created version of TWM with Tyranids onboard for public release (TWM-SS ver.1.00.12). I spoke with Tyranid mod team again... and without good result again. However I saw that Tyranid mod is in long stagnation really. No any new version of old famous Tyranid mod for very long period. I thought that Tyranid content is abandoned now as for many other famous DoW-mods in the past. I was ready to help new Tyranid mod team with my work on Tyranid content which was made within TWM-framework by me. I posted on ModDB about it. No any interest from Tyranid mod team again. What must I do in this situation?
I released TWM ver. 1.00.12 with Tyranid race on board 15 December 2013. I released this version with hope that Tyranid mod team will change their mind and they'll see that new Tyranid (remade by GrOrc) content is really interesting. What we saw afterwards? Only complaint from Zaha on ModDB and Relicnews, his accusations of theft, his other unfriendly actions against GrOrc and TWM. Very strange behaviour, isn't it? Topic about TWM for SS on Relicnews forum was freezed after such actions. And download link to TWM for SS was deleted by admins here on ModDB. Now many people believe that the Tyranid content has been stolen by GrOrc. Very strange opinion. Look on all TWM-info-files and Internet-sites. All copyrights (including for Tyranid mod) are mentioned there. The thief will never admit to stealing. But word "theft" is not about TWM. TWM obey all DoW-Community rules always and TWM never break any copyrights. TWM is old famous DoW-mod now with more than 5-years history. GrOrc worked on all DoW-Community so lo-o-o-ong time. Now we see strange hasty action on the part of administrators of ModDB site and Relicnews forum. It casts a shadow on GrOrc and his TWM. But all can see that GrOrc never do anything against civilized rules of DoW-Community. Just play TWM. Just read TWM-info-files in any version of TWM. I hope that all is clear now for all people. Here my point of view on this situation.
My recent misunderstanding with Tyranid mod team was unexpected for me. Almost all DoW-modders are friendly to me and my DoW-project (TWM) and I never had such problems in the past. Objectively Tyranid mod team just prohibit to TWM using of Tyranid content without "simple combiner" method. Many times I asked Tyranid mod team to allow using of Tyranid content without "simple combiner" method exclusively for TWM. This is not a question about copyrights. This is just a technical question. TWM can not use combiner method because many-many technical reasons. This is my firm position. However TWM never break any copyrights. All copyrights are mentioned always in all TWM-info-resources. TWM have 5 years history now. Everyone knows that TWM always mentioned true copyrights in gratitudes sections and change logs.
Most Warforge users (main part of Russian DoW Communty) disagree with current position of Tyranid mod team in regard to TWM. They want to play with Tyranids in TWM. GrOrc has some obligations to Warforge community. Therefore Warforge community will use latest version of TWM always. It lead us to special decision about current situation with TWM for SS.
Now Titanium Wars Mod for Soulstorm with Tyranids race on board goes to private status. Only users (visitors) of Warforge forum able to use TWM-SS with Tyranids (just a visitors of Warforge too). TWM-SS file with latest version (with Tyranids on board) will be passworded and it can be extracted only by Warforge users. This private status do not break any rules (any copyrights or ModDB terms of service). Any person can use anything in private manner (and for close circle of friends). This private status will be preserved until Tyranid mod team will change their mind or true old creators of Tyranid 3D-assets will appear from their present silence and they allow Tyranid content freely to all DoW Community without any restrictions. In my humble opinion all 3D assets of DoW Community must be in public domain now. DoW1 is too old game now.
I hope this situation will be resolved in future. Ask Tyranid mod team about it...
Alexander aka Grumbling Orc (GrOrc)
P.P.S. I summarize long troll's thread (after releasing ver.1.00.14 [31 May 2014]) from my side here.
P.P.P.S. Happy birthday, Titanium Wars Mod!!! Now we celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Titanium Wars Mod. TWM-SS version 1.00.18 was released 15 November 2014 for this day. This is jubilee version. 5 years ago the first public version of the Titanium Wars Mod (for DC) was released (15 November 2009). Happy birthday article on Relicnews forum here and on Warforge forum here.
Anniversaries for TWM: 15 December 2008 -- the first day of the development, 15 November 2009 -- the first public release (DC-version), 16 February 2012 -- the first public release for SS-version.
New version 1.00.07 with essentially updated WH race and new Necron units: Annihilation Barge, Doomsday Ark, and Ghost Ark. This is first version of TWM...
First full version of TWM-SS-campaign is released in new ver.0.99.06. Global campaign update was completed. The SS-campaign was fully updated within TWM-SS...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.