15 December 2018 is the tenth anniversary of the Titanium Wars Mod. Congratulations! And... take new latest version of this Mod.
Titanium Wars Mod for Soulstorm ver. 1.00.22. (It was restricted on ModDB, explanation here and here.) All videos here!!!
NB!: Also read Titanium Wars FAQ item 4.8 (about private status). Do not ask about download here on ModDB. Just look on other resources mentioned in messages.
NB!: Titanium Wars is very old well-known Mod for good experienced RTS-players and true W40k-lovers with real serious work over DoW-content. Do not search here the popular-casual-gameplay. Popular does not mean the best.
NB!: Also please read the rules of moderation of comments in the end of this page (press on "READ MORE").
NB!: TWM-players created a community in Discord [click] for regular online gaming in the Titanium Wars Mod. JOIN TO IT! It will be interesting. From the activity of this gaming community will depend the further life of the Mod.
Grumbling Orc Game Development,
Grumbling Orc Great Hall, December 2008 - January 2019.
NB!: This Mod only for Soulstorm ver.1.2 (not for Dark Crusade)!!!
Dark Crusade version see here.
NB!: Before ask here on ModDB any question about the Mod,
read Titanium Wars FAQ here in forum section. Also look on Change log.
Thread on Warforge forum - official forum of the Titanium Wars Mod.
Welcome to the World of epic wars on Titanium Wars Mod arena.
This is almost classic gameplay DoW Mod but with almost all GW units. If you was tired by "revolutionary revision of gameplay" mods you are welcome here. In this Mod you'll see very interesting dynamic extended gameplay with fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer. If you dream about epic Warhammer 40000 battles then this is your Mod. If you want to see all Warhammer 40000 units in one mod then this is your Mod. This Mod is a kind of a superstructure over original masterpiece from Relic and it isn't a radical revision of all gameplay ideas of DoW. Main motto of this Mod: "All Warhammer 40000 units must be in DoW!" See Mod's readme-files and visit the official forum of the Titanium Wars Mod on Warforge for more information. This is HUGE Mod. So much work was done and so much work awaits in future development!
Good luck in your epic battles in Warhammer 40000 Universe!!!
Features of this mod:
- Many-many new units and buildings. Extended tech tree. 12 playable W40k-races.
- Many-many new abilities and upgrades.
- New Heroes and fully functional Heroes wargear.
- RPG elements from CutterShane's Heroes System. Experienced units after battles.
- Fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer.
- And finally Titans and Titan-like units!
- Main goal of this Mod: all Games Workshop units in DoW game.
- This is high quality Mod. This Mod was made with Relic standard of quality (and even higher for some parts and aspects).
- This Mod was the first DoW mod when you can see Titans and Titan-like units in all game types (campaign, skirmish and multiplayer).
- This Mod changed mind of DoW Community about Titans in game (balance issue). Now we see many mods with Titans.
- A lot of work was made in this Mod framework on 3D-level and in OE-code for Relic and DoW Community models. Many units and buildings were reworked to more quality variants (behaviour especially). Titanium Wars stuff are used in many other mods now.
- This Mod is new view on campaign. You can see new quality of game in campaign (especially in strongholds with new scar-code scripts).
Installation instructions can be found in readme files (file setup(eng).txt in Mod's folder in archive file) and/or here on ModDB local forum.
Note about known software problem under Windows 7: Known problem with campaign playing. Old DoW engine is not truly compatible with Windows 7. (Maybe Windows Vista and Windows 8 too. No any problems under Windows XP 32bit.) The problem is only in the end of some Strongholds in campaign. Sometimes DoW game crash after playing outro before end-mission-screen. This is software problem. Methods of solution are described in Titanium Wars FAQ item 2.11. Please read and use one of these methods.
I WISH TO EXPRESS MANY THANKS TO:
- Games Workshop for creation our beloved Game Universe and serious support to Warhammer 40000 fans for many-many years.
- Relic as best game developers team in all Our World.
- Corsix's Mod Studio and its creator.
- Dawn of War Texture Tool and its creators.
- Brother Santos as creator Santos' Tools for 3Dsmax 2008.
- Annihilation, TTRU (especially), Firestorm (especially), DoW Pro, Steel Legion, Inquisition Daemonhunt (especially), Whitch Hunters (especially), Craftworld, and Tyranid (especially) mods creators. Without those mods, I would never find so many ready-made models and its corresponding elements (textures, icons, sounds) necessary for basic idea of this Mod.
- Enthusiast-creators of new models, textures and FXs for DoW. This Mod was never created without good hard work of modelers and artists from International DoW Community. They created many beautiful good functional models for DoW Mods. Take my hot gratitude guys...
- Special thanks to Winterdyne as author of Warhound Titan model.
- Special thanks to Catwell as author of models: Great Unclean Ones, Keeper of Secrets, Hierophant Bio-Titan, and special Greater Daemon (used in TWM as Worlds Crusher, independent Greater Daemon of Chaos).
- Special thanks to Maestrorobertus as author of Stompa model.
- Special thanks to BoyChaos as author of Annihilation Barge, Doomsday Ark, and Ghost Ark models.
- Heroes System. Original Heroes idea and implementation by CutterShane 2006. Heroes Special rework by Arkhan 2007. Big thanks for their work.
- AI programmers from Dawn Of Skirmish Mod Team.
- Special thanks to Karandras for his great work for many years over 3D-models and gameplay concept of the Adeptus Mechanicus playable W40k-race.
- Special thanks to Thudmeizer for his directions to some existing DoW models which were unknowing for me. (Needs list was partially satisfied.)
- Thanks to SS BugFix mod team for their detailed readme file. Some of their observations were very useful and some of their fixes were incorporated into the Titanium Wars Mod.
- Eugene Roshal for his great multi-functional file-manager Far.
- My best friend Vadim Nikitin for support.
- Alexei Yudichev, Evgeny Nikiforov, and Irina Fridman for their help with editing of English variant of readme-file.
- And you for reading this text and your interest for Titanium Wars.
Also great thanks to our donators. Look on file "Donations.txt" in the Mod's folder or follow to this link to make donations. List of TWM-donators can be seen there. Donations remind modders that modders have to work. :)
Grumbling Orc Great Hall, February 2012.
- !!! - Please read the text below before write here anything. - !!! -
The rules of moderation of comments.
- Abusive, disrespectful and rude behavior is prohibited.
- Stupid questions are prohibited too. Please think before you'll speak and write.
- If you are not able to download files from ModDB, do not ask me about it in comments. Ask ModDB admins about it. Or use alternative download links on Warforge.
- Read Titanium Wars FAQ. Do not ask questions from the FAQ.
- Do not promote other mods (in any form). Also do not make any other offtopic.
- Do not ask huge questions about TWM in comments. Please go to the forums for that.
- Do not ask technical questions here. Please read Titanium Wars FAQ first. Go to the forums if you do not find the answer to your question.
- Do not use public comments as PM to me. Use true PM for private communication.
- Please never ask about link to free access to latest version of TWM-SS here. I had made "easter eggs" enough in order to people be able to find my private download links.
- Please do not discuss here free access to TWM-SS, it does not make sense. We must respect the decision of the admins of ModDB here. TWM-SS was restricted here officially. If you have wish to restore free status for TWM-SS here on ModDB, ask admins of ModDB directly and persuade them about it in personal mails.
Comments (which do not comply with these rules) will be deleted. Please do not spam here. If your comment was deleted, it means that it does not conform to the rules. Just stop posting here. Go to the forums if you are needed the answer to your questions and/or discussions...
Jubilee version of the Titanium Wars Mod. Ten years ago (15 December 2008) it was the first day of the development of the Titanium Wars Mod. Now the Mod has reached its primary goal: to make good dynamic balanced gameplay for all classic W40k races with almost all Games Workshop units, also Titans and Titan-like units. Now you can see new update with new features. Many important changes. Also important changes in campaign. This is another FC-version (FC = Final Candidate). In our time any TWM-version may be last. TWM-project is almost completed now.
Version 020 (15 December 2018)
- Great news (!) about Heroes system. Since version 1.00.20 levels and experience of all units will restore correctly after save-load procedure. I (GrOrc) made new version of Heroes scar-script with this good feature. Item 2.12 in the Titanium Wars FAQ is no longer actual for versions of TWM-DC 1.00.32 and TWM-SS 1.00.20.
- Tau Warrior (and Shas'ui) model was remade by GrOrc. Universal functionality (including melee fight with Bonding Knife in hand).
- XV88-2 Broadside Battlesuit model and its OE-code was essentially improved by GrOrc.
- New unit XV88 Broadside Battlesuit. A variant of XV88 Broadside Battlesuit with missile weapons. This unit has artillery role for Tau race. Limit 4.
- XV8 and XV89 Crisis Suits have wargear upgrades now (Multi-tracker, Shield Generator, Target Lock). AI able to use them too.
- XV89 Crisis Suits have second weapon choice now.
- New elite unit for Tau: XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Bodyguard Shas'vre. Limit 2.
- XV8 Crisis Honor Guard (in campaign) has more weapon variants now.
- Build animation with crane for Coalition Center.
- Kroot Shapers have Feed the Monster ability now. Restores 2000 HP for Krootox and Greater Knarloc.
- Kroot Hounds have Cannibalize ability now (OE-coded too).
- XV22 Stealth Field and XV89 Energy Shield are two different weargear researches now (in skirmish).
- XV89 Commander model and OE-code was updated (GrOrc). More good behaviour of this unit.
- Night Spinner Grav Tank is essentially more effective against buildings. This is new tactical role for this unit.
- Mobilize for War research and Annihilate the Enemy research increases maximum squad size of Dark Reapers and Fire Dragons now.
- Autarch has Wider Vision of Battle ability now. In accordance with the Path of Command. Dramatically increases the line of sight around all squads.
- Laud Hailer morale effect was increased.
- Predator tank was added for Witch Hunters.
- Canoness has additional abilities now. Canoness model has new OE-code from GrOrc. Canoness Seraphim has additional abilities too (but different).
- New uber-turrets were added for Imperial Guard and Witch Hunters.
- Dark Eldar Raider uses support cap 2 now.
- Necron Ghost Ark uses support cap 1 now.
- Vindicator (for CM and SM), Destroyer Tank Hunter and Thunderer uses support cap 3 now.
- Hierophant Lair has new geometry based on Hierophant model (new OE-code and 3D features from GrOrc). Now this building is very different from the Hive Spire.
- Additions for "cap system". Some units for some races increases maximum squad cap and support cap by 4: Chosen Champions for Chaos (and for "Chaos Renegades" doctrine of Administratum), Grey Knight Grand Master for Daemonhunters, Dais of Destruction for Dark Eldar, C'tans for Necrons, Living Saint (or Saint Celestine) for Witch Hunters, Chapter Master for Space Marines (Force Commander for "Call the Angels of Death" doctrine of Administratum), XV89 Commander for Tau (and for "Loyal Service of Tau Empire" doctrine of Administratum), Hive Tyrant for Tyranids. Imperial Guard has same effect after obtaining Governor's Raiment wargear for Company Commander. Ork Warboss increases population cap by 10 and maximum support cap by 4. Avatar of Khaine increases maximum squad cap by 8 (new value) and support cap by 10 (old value) for Eldar.
- All maps (both MP and SP) was remade with new FoW functionality. Player see far now. Problem with flyers was fixed on all maps. Soulstorm compatibility achived.
- Fixed bug with wrong position of animation of Fighta Bomma for player. In addition, now Fighta Bomma can fire on enemy targets while landing operations.
- File "autoexec.lua" was changed for new functionality. Read the file "WarhammerFilm(eng).txt" about it.
- Skirmish game setup screen was made more correctly and comfortable. Also more comfortable listboxes in Army Painter.
- Race info was added to Military Tab of post game summary screen.
- New faction was developed within TWM -- Farsight Enclave. It was made as a doctrine for Tau race. Legendary hero O'Shovah has come in game with his elite forces. Now Titanium Wars Mod has Farsight Enclave as playable faction within DoW engine. Short description below:
-- Tau race has two doctrines now: Tau Empire and Farsight Enclave. This is very early choice in Tau HQ. Tau Empire doctrine contain classic TWM-gameplay for Tau race which is well known (from previous versions of the Mod) for all TWM-players.
-- Farsight Enclave is ultimate variant of Mont'ka doctrine. Crisis Suits are main forces for Farsight Enclave. More Crisis Suits may be used in this doctrine. Main hero is Crisis Suit -- XV8 Commander as alter ego of player. Moreover O'Shovah is most powerful Crisis Suit with legendary Dawn Blade. Moreover O'Shovah has all his minions from legendary the Eight: Commander Arra'kon, Commander Bravestorm, Commander Brightsword, Commander Sha'vastos, Sub-Commander Torchstar, Shas'vre Ob'lotai 9-0, Honour Shas'vre O'Vesa.
-- All legendary Commanders (from the Eight) have weapons, Crisis Suit's special systems, and special abilities in accordance with Codex: Tau Empire Supplement - Farsight Enclaves. Each of them have gameplay realization within DoW gameplay system.
-- New squad Fire Warriors Assault with Pulse Carbine as one of squads of base infantry.
-- All Fire Warriors (Shas'la and Shas'ui) able to fight in melee with their Bonding Knives.
-- Two new types of Crisis Suits: Frontline variant and Fireline variant.
-- New very specific elite unit: XV8-02 Crisis Battlesuit Bodyguard Shas'vre. Limit 2. Equipped with two Flamers and Onager Gauntlets. Able to fight in close combat with his ancient Onager Gauntlets.
-- New unit: Warscaper Drone. Concept in accordance with Codex: Tau Empire Supplement - Farsight Enclaves. 3D-design and DoW-gameplay realization from GrOrc.
-- Kroot army is disabled for Farsight Enclave but squads of Kroot Mercenaries can be hired in Cadre Headquarters and Communications Tower. Requires captured Critical Location only. Contains Kroot Shaper as leader, Kroot Carnivores and Kroot Hounds as squad members in any proportions.
---- The end of description of Farsight Enclave doctrine. ----
- New faction was developed within TWM -- Adeptus Mechanicus. Thanks to Karandras for his great work for many years over 3D-models and gameplay concept. This faction was remade by GrOrc in the TWM-framework. Some 3D-models were fixed. Some buildings were added. New gameplay features in TWM-style were added too.
- Some important cosmetic changes.
- UCS-files were updated.
- Readme-files were updated.
- Easter Egg was added. ;) Secret gameplay bonus for WH-race. The spiritual quest of Canoness (works for both type of Canoness).
Version 021 (18 December 2018)
- Fast update. Fixed two specific bugs in campaign for Tau race:
-- Non-working Stronghold of Tau (unexpected scar-error because all maps was specifically changed for TWM-SS).
-- Farsight Enclave doctrine was disabled for CPU-player too. (It should have been done in the previous release but there was unexpected behaviour of DoW engine).
Version 022 (10 January 2019)
- Some important cosmetic changes.
- Some rebalance overpatching was made.
- UCS-files were updated.
- Readme-files were updated.
P.S. Do not ask me about small patch for ver.1.00.20. Just download new updated full version.
14 January 2014. TWM with Tyranids have private status now. Explanation on Warforge site and here below.
New version 1.00.07 with essentially updated WH race and new Necron units: Annihilation Barge, Doomsday Ark, and Ghost Ark. This is first version of TWM...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.