15 December 2018 is the tenth anniversary of the Titanium Wars Mod. Congratulations! And... take new latest version of this Mod. ===========================================================
Titanium Wars Mod for Soulstorm ver. 1.00.26. (It was restricted on ModDB, explanation here and here.) All videos here!!!
NB!: Also read Titanium Wars FAQ item 4.8 (about private status). Do not ask about download here on ModDB. Just look on other resources mentioned in messages.
Grumbling Orc Game Development,
Grumbling Orc Great Hall, December 2008 - March 2020.
NB!: Titanium Wars is very old well-known Mod for good experienced RTS-players and true W40k-lovers with real serious work over DoW-content. Do not search here the popular-casual-gameplay. Popular does not mean the best.
- !!! - NB!: Also please read the rules of moderation of comments in the end of this page (press on "READ MORE"). - !!! -
NB!: TWM-players created a community in Discord [click] for regular online gaming in the Titanium Wars Mod. JOIN TO IT! It will be interesting. From the activity of this gaming community will depend the further life of the Mod.
NB!: This Mod only for Soulstorm ver.1.2 (not for Dark Crusade)!!!
Dark Crusade version see here.
NB!: Before ask here on ModDB any question about the Mod,
read Titanium Wars FAQ here in forum section. Also look on Change log.
Thread on Warforge forum - official forum of the Titanium Wars Mod.
Welcome to the World of epic wars on Titanium Wars Mod arena.
This is almost classic gameplay DoW Mod but with almost all GW units. If you was tired by "revolutionary revision of gameplay" mods you are welcome here. In this Mod you'll see very interesting dynamic extended gameplay with fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer. If you dream about epic Warhammer 40000 battles then this is your Mod. If you want to see all Warhammer 40000 units in one mod then this is your Mod. This Mod is a kind of a superstructure over original masterpiece from Relic and it isn't a radical revision of all gameplay ideas of DoW. Main motto of this Mod: "All Warhammer 40000 units must be in DoW!" See Mod's readme-files and visit the official forum of the Titanium Wars Mod on Warforge for more information. This is HUGE Mod. So much work was done and so much work awaits in future development!
Good luck in your epic battles in Warhammer 40000 Universe!!!
Features of this mod:
- Many-many new units and buildings. Extended tech tree. 12 playable W40k-races.
- Many-many new abilities and upgrades.
- New Heroes and fully functional Heroes wargear.
- RPG elements from CutterShane's Heroes System. Experienced units after battles.
- Fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer.
- And finally Titans and Titan-like units!
- Main goal of this Mod: all Games Workshop units in DoW game.
- This is high quality Mod. This Mod was made with Relic standard of quality (and even higher for some parts and aspects).
- This Mod was the first DoW mod when you can see Titans and Titan-like units in all game types (campaign, skirmish and multiplayer).
- This Mod changed mind of DoW Community about Titans in game (balance issue). Now we see many mods with Titans.
- A lot of work was made in this Mod framework on 3D-level and in OE-code for Relic and DoW Community models. Many units and buildings were reworked to more quality variants (behaviour especially). Titanium Wars stuff are used in many other mods now.
- This Mod is new view on campaign. You can see new quality of game in campaign (especially in strongholds with new scar-code scripts).
Installation instructions can be found in readme files (file setup(eng).txt in Mod's folder in archive file) and/or here on ModDB local forum.
Note about known software problem under Windows 7: Known problem with campaign playing. Old DoW engine is not truly compatible with Windows 7. (Maybe Windows Vista and Windows 8 too. No any problems under Windows XP 32bit.) The problem is only in the end of some Strongholds in campaign. Sometimes DoW game crash after playing outro before end-mission-screen. This is software problem. Methods of solution are described in Titanium Wars FAQ item 2.11. Please read and use one of these methods.
I WISH TO EXPRESS MANY THANKS TO:
- Games Workshop for creation our beloved Game Universe and serious support to Warhammer 40000 fans for many-many years.
- Relic as best game developers team in all Our World.
- Corsix's Mod Studio and its creator.
- Dawn of War Texture Tool and its creators.
- Brother Santos as creator Santos' Tools for 3Dsmax 2008.
- Annihilation, TTRU (especially), Firestorm (especially), DoW Pro, Steel Legion, Inquisition Daemonhunt (especially), Whitch Hunters (especially), Craftworld, and Tyranid (especially) mods creators. Without those mods, I would never find so many ready-made models and its corresponding elements (textures, icons, sounds) necessary for basic idea of this Mod.
- Enthusiast-creators of new models, textures and FXs for DoW. This Mod was never created without good hard work of modelers and artists from International DoW Community. They created many beautiful good functional models for DoW Mods. Take my hot gratitude guys...
- Special thanks to Winterdyne as author of Warhound Titan model.
- Special thanks to Catwell as author of models: Great Unclean Ones, Keeper of Secrets, Hierophant Bio-Titan, and special Greater Daemon (used in TWM as Worlds Crusher, independent Greater Daemon of Chaos).
- Special thanks to Maestrorobertus as author of Stompa model.
- Special thanks to BoyChaos as author of Annihilation Barge, Doomsday Ark, and Ghost Ark models.
- Heroes System. Original Heroes idea and implementation by CutterShane 2006. Heroes Special rework by Arkhan 2007. Big thanks for their work.
- AI programmers from Dawn Of Skirmish Mod Team.
- Special thanks to Karandras for his great work for many years over 3D-models and gameplay concept of the Adeptus Mechanicus playable W40k-race.
- Special thanks to Thudmeizer for his directions to some existing DoW models which were unknowing for me. (Needs list was partially satisfied.)
- Thanks to SS BugFix mod team for their detailed readme file. Some of their observations were very useful and some of their fixes were incorporated into the Titanium Wars Mod.
- Eugene Roshal for his great multi-functional file-manager Far.
- My best friend Vadim Nikitin for support.
- Alexei Yudichev, Evgeny Nikiforov, and Irina Fridman for their help with editing of English variant of readme-file.
- And you for reading this text and your interest for Titanium Wars.
Also great thanks to our donators. Look on file "Donations.txt" in the Mod's folder or follow to this link to make donations. List of TWM-donators can be seen there. Donations remind modders that modders have to work. :)
Grumbling Orc Great Hall, February 2012.
- !!! - Please read the text below before write here anything. - !!! -
The rules of moderation of comments.
- Abusive, disrespectful and rude behavior is prohibited.
- Stupid questions are prohibited too. Please think before you'll speak and write.
- If you are not able to download files from ModDB, do not ask me about it in comments. Ask ModDB admins about it. Or use alternative download links on Warforge.
- Read Titanium Wars FAQ. Do not ask questions from the FAQ.
- Do not promote other mods (in any form). Also do not make any other offtopic.
- Do not ask huge questions about TWM in comments. Please go to the forums for that.
- Do not ask technical questions here. Please read Titanium Wars FAQ first. Go to the forums if you did not find the answer to your question.
- Do not use public comments as PM to me. Use true PM for private communication.
- Please never ask about link to free access to latest version of TWM-SS here. I had made "easter eggs" enough in order to people be able to find my private download links.
- Please do not discuss here free access to TWM-SS, it does not make sense. We must respect the decision of the admins of ModDB here. TWM-SS was restricted here officially. If you have wish to restore free status for TWM-SS here on ModDB, ask admins of ModDB directly and persuade them about it in personal mails.
Comments (which do not comply with these rules) will be deleted. Please do not spam here. If your comment was deleted, it means that it does not conform to the rules. Just stop posting here. Go to the forums if you are needed the answer to your questions and/or discussions...
Version 1.00.26 (17 March 2020)
- !!! Greatest news within Titanium Wars Mod !!! Gargant was made. 3D-model and textures from BoyChaos. Very old his work, it was made in 2012. Additional work (lots! huge! time-eating!): additional 3D-corrections, new animations, OE-code, and gameplay realization from GrOrc. My work over it was started 11 May 2019. This unit in game since 17 May 2019 (technically). 18 May 2019 my first ordinary game with this ready unit from my hands. :) Congratulations! Orks celebrate!!! This day is happiest for them in the Titanium Wars Mod!
- New lesser hero for Orks -- Weirdboy, Orks' psyker. Limit 2. Available in Headcrushaz Banner. Can use abilities: Zzap, Frazzle, Warpath, 'Ere We Go. He unable to use his abilities without enough numbers of other Orks nearby. 3D-kitbash, new animations, OE-code, and gameplay realization from GrOrc.
- Mega Armored Nobz can be teleported over the battlefield now (with hero).
- Mad Dok from honour guard (in campaign) was renamed to Da Best Dok, and he have new ability Healing Juice. Provides temporary bonus to health regeneration rate of the Ork boyz or Squiggoth. Ordinary Mad Doks have no such ability.
- Necron Annihilation Barge model and textures were updated by BoyChaos. OE-code and some other additions in 3D were updated by GrOrc.
- Great update for Eldar Autarch. Now TWM have new model which is essentially reworked old unfinished model 2010. Many new anims, huge OE-code, and gameplay realisation from GrOrc. Now TWM has four type of Autarch: Autarch Scorpion, Autarch Banshee, Autarch Hawk (with Swooping Hawk Wings), and Autarch Skyrunner (on jetbike). All Autarchs can use grenades. Each Autarch has interesting weapon upgrades via TWM-wargear system. Some of them are essentially new.
- Significant update for Swooping Hawk and Swooping Hawk Exarch. Fixed some 3D bugs in 3D-geometry. Swooping Hawk Exarch wings are animated now. New aims-anims for these units which allow them shoot on any angle (360 degrees). Now Swooping Hawks are true assault units. In addition Swooping Hawk Exarchs can replace Hawk's Talons with a Sun Rifles (3D design from GrOrc).
- New system of Grav Platforms. Now all small Grav Platforms can be built separately. List of small Grav Platforms: Shuriken Cannon Grav Platform, Scatter Laser Grav Platform, Starcannon Grav Platform, Missile Launcher Grav Platform, Bright Lance Grav Platform. All of them have cumulative cap 10 now. Moreover small Grav Platform model was reworked in 3D by GrOrc, and now it can rotate its turret 360 degrees. Therefore small Grav Platforms can fire in move now on any angle. D-cannon Grav Platform, Shadow Weaver Grav Platform, Vibrocannon Grav Platform have cumulative cap 6 now. Any Grav Platform requires squad cap 1 only. This is true infantry support now.
- Shining Spear Squad uses support cap 2 (old value squad cap 1 and support cap 2). Can use grenades now. Their jetbikes can be upgraded with Shuriken Cannons.
- Reworked colour scheme for Eldar Jetbikes.
- Arbites and especially Arbites Fire Support models were updated. Arbites Fire Support has correct all aims and able to fire in movement with shotguns now. And they has sinc-kills now. And some other improvements.
- Imperial Missionary is able to fire in movement now (with his shotgun). OE-code was updated.
- Adeptus Astartes Candidates are able to fire in movement with shotguns now.
- Three new units for Administratum race in Chaos Renegades doctrine: Apostate Preacher, Rogue Psyker, and Enforcer:
-- Apostate Preacher is corrupt priest. Has passive abilities like other priests in the TWM. In addition he has ability Battle Fury.
-- Rogue Psyker is very dangerous untrained psyker. Has abilities Psychic Lash and Lightning Arc. Can attract daemons from Warp and easily become possessed by them. The Psyker dies as a result of the unsuccessful using of his psy-abilities, and a Warp Portal appears. Lesser Daemons and even a Greater Daemon able to come from Warp through this hole to Immaterium. By this feature of Rogue Psyker, player can receive daemonic squads (the same daemonic squads as within Chaos race).
-- Enforcer is strongman, appointed as overseers within the ranks, forcing the men to fight and follow orders, often at gun point. Has ability Execute.
- New taskbar for Administratum race. Thanks to Obsorber for his good 2D-art work. Also great thanks to him for textures of Apostate Preacher and Rogue Psyker.
- Exorcist tank uses support cap 3 now.
- Penitent Engine uses support cap 3 now.
- All lesser daemons' OE-codes were updated (for future project). Horrors able to uncapture strategic points now.
- New special rework of Heroes scar-script. Builder Scarabs level 7 (and + 1000 EXP) are automatically transformed into Ancient Builder Scarabs. Also another new feature was made: reworked Heroes scar-script checks if a unit could be transformed (via possess mechanizm only), and if is it true, then experience will be trasferred to transformed unit. In the TWM for SS this new feature are used only for these pairs of squads: Chaos Lord - Demon Prince, Saint Celestine - Saint Celestine with Katherine Armor, Archmagos - Archmagos Prime, Hell Stalker - Orbital Stalker. Also another new feature: units level info is visible for all players now. And great new feature: units' level info and attached units' level info are shown on taskbar now! And with tooltips! Thus the levels are not just abstract words and numbers, but now it is detailed element of legend of the game. The old levels' counter (in the combat screen) was preserved, and it can be shown/hided by clicking on the words about the levels in the taskbar.
- In addition to previous item. Special rework of Heroes scar-script especially for Farsight Enclaves: detached Commander Drones take level from Commander-owner.
- Fixed bug with AI Donations scar-script. Now AI Donations works after save-load procedure.
- Fixed sound for Griffon Mortar Tank and Hydra AA tank.
- Some other very important changes.
- UCS-files were updated. Huge update with new references to the legend of the W40k-universe.
Jubilee version of the Titanium Wars Mod. Ten years ago (15 December 2008) it was the first day of the development of the Titanium Wars Mod. Now the Mod...
14 January 2014. TWM with Tyranids have private status now. Explanation on Warforge site and here below.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
In the starter of this theme I wrote about the well-known technical problem in the campaign under Win7. I've found that editing the file in accordance...
In the starter of this theme I wrote about the well-known technical problem in the campaign under Win7. I've found that editing the file in accordance...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.