After some troubles and long development TE 1.6 is released. It´s beta which means there might be some bugs and ballance issues left. If you find anything wrong please report back to me so I can fix that in some future patch.
TE 1.6 is full of experiments that might prove as bad idea so please approach to it open minded. Things like Gdi Firestorm Generator, recently added Nod Tunel Network or more epic/superheavy units for each faction sound cool, but might become serious problem in time, but still I wanted to try it all.
Tiberium Essence 1.6 Beta - Credits
Developer - Jiri "Carnius" Chalupa
Vladimír "Vlado32" Moncoľ - New music tracks, Menu music
55blahh55 - Icon Image for Nod Militant Infantry and Nod Toxin trooper
Most important changes in v1.6
There is a lot game improvements and ballance changes, but unfortunately over time I have lost track about what is really new and what is old. So here is some of the most important things you should know before play.
- Added wall gates to all factions - important note - due engine limitations gates requires precise placing, I´m sorry but this is the only way.
- All stealth detectors show aura style radius which tell you how far they see cloked units
- Added Weinhole monster - in general works as tiberium field but damages also vehicles (except harvesters), weins can be also harvested by all factions and got 3x greater value than green tiberium, unlike tiberium field weinhole monster can be destroyed though.
- All new superheavy units is no longer in Tacitus archive as was previously announced, but have been added to normal production.
- Presence of Leviathan mothership, Kodiak II and Montauk on map is for now announced by Eva as "mothership deployed" (from certain poit of view all of them can be understand as some sort of mothership)
- Added a lot and lot props into world builder
- Added snowy and ice bridge into world builder
- New skirmish maps - Tiberium infestation, 4 player map, 2v2 style
- Arctic Desolation, 4 player map, free for all
- Added Kodiak II Command ship to Air tower production tab, unique superheavy aircraft - support, anti-aircraft and anti-tiberium role.
- Added Firestorm generator - defensive structure, can activate firestorm plasma shield - makes allied units virtually invulnerable while in the same time damages enemy units.
- Call for transport cost 100. Requires Dropship command. Transport aircraft flee of map after unloading its cargo as do in vanilla CnC3. Changed back on request.
- Removed Mobile EMP from warfactory due ballance issues (at least for now).
- Jetpack Trooper - attack damage vs vehicles reduced by 50% and vs aircraft by 25%, reduced armor vs missile type weapons.
- Added Montauk Command vehicle to Construction yard production tab, unique superheavy vehicle, support and anti-aircraft role, deploys additional reinforcement.
Note Montauk do not deploys into warfactory! Based on experience I have gain over time I find this idea not good really, it made montauk easy target and unable to gain experience (which can´t be fixed anyway)
- Added Tunel Network Center to Construction yard support tab - works as substation tech structure in vanilla cnc3, only 3 units at once can enter tunel network due some engine limitations
- Saboteur benefits from Forced Evolution upgrade
- Added Taratula drone to Secret Shirne production tab - in general replaces fanatics as nod suicidal unit, cloked when stand still
- Added Conqueror command walker to Gateway production tab, unique superheavy walker, support role, seeds tiberium, assimilate technology by killing enemy units, heals scrin units
- Annihilator got new model, changed from tripod to quadropod, got 3 turrets
- Stormrider - tiberium upgrade replaced by plasma missile upgrade that improves his anti-air attack power earlyer in game, available on Nerve center
- Leviathan mothership - removed seed tiberium ability, enabled anti-air attack and blink pack
- Contaminators spawned by Corrupter and Leviathan weapons can see in small radius
So try it and report back anything on your mind.
I hope v1.6 fulfill at least partially your expectations. I have tried to do my best, but you know, sometimes some things not go as planned. Anyway I will keep working on TE to make even better in future.