This is a SubMod for Edain Mod which only works with the "Glorfindel23's Map Pack" (Link in the description). The main goal of this SubMod will be to : - Add new SubFactions (with new units, heroes, buildings and powers). - Add some models and texture to my pack of maps to improve the global design of the maps. - Solve the ButtonImage problem for all the CommandButtons in my maps. - To add some new useful Command Buttons (to mask the trees in "Caras Galadhon" for example).
Link of the Maps : Modding-union.com
You can also download the maps in ModDB -> in ROTWK > addon
(I will rework all the maps and fiw all the bug in the SubMod)
Note than this SubMod need the latest version of Edain Mod to work: Moddb.com
I will briefly explain how my submod works:
It is very easy: just choose one of the maps available in my pack and select one of the factions you are supposed to use for this map. At the start of the game the chosen faction will receive the new options.
For exemple in Barad Eithel maps :
- If you chose Imladris, it will be changed in Noldor
- For all the other factions, the map will be playable normally.
Why a submod which work with maps?
I think this is the best way to make an original content.
- First I very like edain and I think it is perfect. I so decide to keep it like the edain concepters decide to give it.
This system which so allow me to keep Edain Mod adding it an original touch.
- In a second time I can say than with this system the number max of factions will be illimited and I will not be obligaded to make subfaction.
For exemple If I want to make a faction KazadDum in map moria I can without make her as a subfaction of erebor.
- Also this system allow me to choose different game strategies for the balance of the game. For exemple all the faction are balanced but in my map minas tirith I want to make gondor faction better than mordor cause they will fight against 3 mordor. I will so add to them a lot of heroes units which can easely defeat the orc of mordor.
I introduce my SubMod with a list of the Maps and SubFactions than it will contain.
Maps Fortress :
- Amon Sul
- Minas Tirith
- Osgiliath 2475
- Osgiliath 1437
- Minas Ithil
- Henneth Annun
- Helm's Deep
- Barad Eithel (Lindon)
- Mithlond (Lindon)
- Gondolin (Lindon)
- Shire (Hobbit)
- Caras Galhadon
- Wood of Lorien
- Mirkwood (Mirkwood)
- Khazad Dum (faction extended)
- Blue Mountains
- Hiron Hills
- Ered Mithrin (faction extended)
- Ered Luin
- Esgaroth (faction extended)
- Dale (faction extended)
- Barad Dur
- Cirith Ungol
- Mistrand (Rhun)
- The Rhun (Rhun)
- Umbar (Umbar)
- Harad (Harad)
- Dunland (Dunland)
- Carn Dum
Maps Skirmish :
I will also make Skirmish maps standard because I think the players want not play always in the fortress maps (I will explain later wath will be exactly the system for the skirmish maps).
- Gondor (Faction Extended):
-> Minas Thirith
- Dol Amroth (Faction Extended)
- Mirkwood (Faction Extended)
- Mordor (Faction Extended):
-> Cirith Ungol
- Ered Mithrin (Faction Extended)
- Kazad Dum
- Isengard (Faction Extended)
- Dunland (Faction Extended)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.