Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Why sniper rifles suck so hard in Misery 2? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Favorite weapon : Why sniper rifles suck so hard in Misery 2?) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 2 2013 Anchor

My Kar98k seems to have lower accuracy than RPK-74 I found in one of the bodies and it needs 3 hits in the chest to kill bandit without body armor. Can anyone explain that?

Aug 2 2013 Anchor

A lot of weapon damages seem screwed up right now, you can't even shoot people in the head to kill them with most weapons now..

Just wait for a patch. I feel like they kinda nailed weapon damages in V1, now in V2 its like they've picked completely random damage values that make no sense. Shooting a bandit in the chest 5 times with 5.62 and he's still standing. Awesome gameplay decision, not.

Aug 2 2013 Anchor

BTW weapon bugs - Mosin uses 7.62x39 ammo, should use 7.62x54R, StG-44 uses 7.92x57, should use 7.92x33, Galil uses 7.62x51 NATO, should use 5.56x45 and so on... it's all one huge mess.

Aug 3 2013 Anchor

I give it until the end of the month until they give us a patch that fixes the issue of of 48 bullets in the head at point blank range to kill a experienced STALKER

Aug 3 2013 Anchor

Hmm there are a number of ways they can fix this issue. I think some of you guys are not doing it right if you see a stalker who is wearing Armour switch to a Armour pricing round if you are using the sniper you start of with and you shoot him in the head he will die.

But if you are using the Markov and you shoot someone in the head with a helmet even with a Armour pricing round it will not kill him, why? Because the Markov dose not have enough power to do so. So just use common sense really guys, not to hard.

But im not ruling out it is all our fault and we are all just moaning, the devs have slipped up a little bit to. For example if i shoot someone with the mosin (weapon you start of with as the sniper) 3 times in chest guess what he dose? He shoots me across the map instantly flatting me out whilst also adding the fact i wear a heavy overcoat with a gas mask with a fair amount of protection. Same with a assault rifle shoot him 3 to 4 times don't work he instantly kills me. Even worse in close quarter situations where he just shots you instantly as you come round the corner with his Aimbot like aiming. Even if you disable hardcore aiming A.I he will still kill you right away.

They dont even flinch or nothing i get shot and my characters head flys backwards. I shoot them they do nothing just keep on firing.

I love this mod so much you can tell it has been worked on but there are some little problems that could do with some fixing and then everyone will be happy. Either that or i will have to start messing about with files myself. And then it will only be me who benefits from it. Unless they (the misery team) want me to upload it for people who want a more fair, logical, REALISTIC misery.

Also if they tone down the speed of the enemy's it would be nice that if they could increase the magnification on the scope you start with i find it hard to use that gun its scope is just so terrible my AN-94 has a higher magnification than that sniper and its a assault rifle hahaha so you know, deffiantly could do with a weeee bit of tweaking.

Plus the hole mix up with the ammo types. The mosin uses 7.62x39, instead of 7.62x54R.

Aug 3 2013 Anchor

>if you see a stalker who is wearing Armour switch to a Armour pricing round
Thing is I am using only AP rounds.

Aug 4 2013 Anchor

Carry AP rounds in the Bolt Action for long range NPC killing. Side arm a Hydro 1911 or an Over-Under with buck. The Snipers are inaccurate as shit though, started as the Sniper class and I can't hit things worth shit if its more than 30 meters out. Is there bullet drop or wind that i need to account for?

Aug 4 2013 Anchor

Sniper accuracy is bugged, definitely not a feature. Just tested my dragunov on a bunch of bandits several time by quickloading before the gunfight. At first i thought the hits weren't registering at all, but then finally realized: the sniper has bad accuracy. Sometimes the shot zeroes in on the sight just fine, sometimes it goes apeshit and flies towards the crows. It'll probably be patched soon.

Edited by: usersd

Aug 8 2013 Anchor

Guys, i made a tweak in my thread just for that:
Moddb.com

As for the accuracy, they really went nuts with class weapon proficiencies, snipers can't even shoot assault rifles properly, other classes are extremely poor with sniper rifles.

Edited by: Stiivais

--

Author of a bunch of tweaks and stuff:

• [Misery 2.0] Misc adjustments.
  • [Misery 2.0] Stealth fixes.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - Misc tweaks.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - New performance texture pack and radio songs addon.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - SweetFX shaders (poor man's ENB).

Lost all my files - goodbye... : /

Aug 8 2013 Anchor

I wouldn't say the sniper accuracy is bad. It's just that the reticule on the PU scope is just god awful! Getting rid of Mosin Nagant and it's terrible scope with haste is highly advised!

Aug 8 2013 Anchor

Idk why y'all made a awesome mod and used horrid scope reticule a for almost all te scopes...the scopes should all be like the one on the aks74 cobra. Where the scope doesn't take up your entire screen, but does its job and has sharp and precise lines on the damn scope

Aug 8 2013 Anchor

Yeah I love the mod and suport the devs heck I would donate if I could, but scope on mosin should be black and more sharp not white...

Edit: Would it be possible to use Red Orchestra 2 mosin nagant model?

Edited by: Prefect

Aug 8 2013 Anchor

I've started modding the damage values now, starting with the rifles. The range and velocity of the bullets is largely correct, but the some of the damage values are insanely inconsistent. Some of the 7.62x51 battle rifles (FAL, FAL PARA, Galil) do barely more damage than a 5.56 rifle, while the sniper rifles of the same caliber do more.. Sorry, in real life, a bullet doesn't care if it travels out of a "sniper" rifle or a "battle" rifle. If the barrel lengths are the same, it will do equivalent damage.

I also "overpowered" the weapons to give them a real life dangerous feel. In the vanilla mod, a FAL does something like 0.8 damage, where 1.0 is needed to kill an unarmored stalker. Having seen its effects, I can tell you that a 7.62x51 round will punch a very nasty hole through you, and it does NOT require two shots to the torso to put you down. In addition, it's a very effective armor and cover defeating round, and in real life a high level class of body armor is required to defeat it effectively. the 7.62x54 Russian round has a bit more punch even, so the SVU and SVD reflect that. Also, weapon accuracy seems to be widely inconsistent, with some near 100 yard MOA weapons having terrible accuracy

As a note to a comment above, there actually is a Galil model that shoots 7.62. However, the magazine model would have to be changed, something like the current m14 or fnfal.

Aug 17 2013 Anchor

Well the FN FAL Para has a good permanent scope, as it is a more original digital scope.

Aug 17 2013 Anchor

Because you cant get headshots? Or use AP Ammo?

I can kill a exo stalker with 2 heart shots with a K98k with SA rounds. Or one to the head @ 100 m

So get out of here stalker XD

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.