This mod improves the Zero Hour game by fixing almost all bugs in the game, with tons of balances, improved AI, and many enhanced features. There are also additional stuffs for all factions and sub-factions including Civilians. This mod also including playable Boss General with fully functional AI.
Progress and updates trough August. The improvements still continue.
Posted by n5p29 on Aug 27th, 2009
n5p29 here returns with more fixes and improvements!
Here what have done in this month:
Getting tired watching retarded attacking Avenger (that turn the whole body instead just the turret)? Now it's no more! I made the Avengers can turn their front turret when attacking with their designator laser.
I also found sometimes Avenger have a "strange thing" that appeared when moving, it looks like a little rock, so I remove that "thing".
And, sometimes you still can recognize a Bomb Truck that disguising as Avenger by just a look (the AA turret looks a little different). Now it's harder to see the difference.
Some more improvement I made for Firebase:
- Firebase now fires at better angle.
- New texture for Firebase. It's not using USA Airfield runway texture anymore.
- Remove the useless deploying animation. I don't know what this animation for, because no needs to Firebase to deploy before attacking. It's not a mobile defense/artillery like Nuke Cannon. I suspecting this animation was taken from Strategy Center Bombardment cannon.
As you know, in ZH the Toxin Tractor will upgrade its turret when it get salvage crates.
But after I look closer to the model (UVToxinTrk.W3D) it not just upgrade its turret. Salvages also give additional toxin tanks! It should be like this.
- no salvage
- first salvage --> bigger turret and toxin tanks
- second salvage --> even bigger turret and also additional toxin tank on the back
Dr. Thrax army speciality is toxic weapons. He also need to more utilize his Toxin Tractor into a more monstrously weapon.
The new Toxin Tractor have much heavier armor, allowing it to stands up against stronger enemies. It also have more toxin tanks to store more loads. Funnily, why he put the additional tanks in the front side? To grinds enemy infantry maybe?