MEHEM is a reinterpretation of the endings of Mass Effect 3, which allows Commander Shepard to survive the final mission, among many other changes. It features custom videos and slides, re-engineered gameflow, original as well as re-arranged voice acting, new music, etc.
What does MEHEM do in detail (obvious spoiler warning)?
- It removes the catalyst scene. No ifs, not buts. It's gone for good. (So is your choice, you will now destroy the reapers no matter what)
- It introduces a whole new scene showing how Joker disobeys orders and keeps the Normandy in the fight long enough for Shepard to be rescued (with the help of a certain Alliance captain :))
- The Normandy no longer crash-lands on the Weirdo Planet
- The Geth and EDI survive. EDI is now present during the memorial and new slides were added to the epilogue that will show the geth, if they are alive.
- The epilogue slides now show survivors on the Citadel, most prominently Aria and Cpt. Baley.
- You will see your Shepard reunited with his crew (and even some interaction unique to your LI if the LI is part of the Normandy crew). While they don't exactly have a party, now it is a real bitter-sweet ending with the emphasis on "sweet" rather than on "bitter"
- The musical score is changed quite extensively, including the credits song
- Since by the time of v0.3, quite a few people have contributed to this mod, I implemented some MEHEM credits in the stargazer scene.
- Since v0.2, Harbinger will say a few lines during the beam run
MEHEM v0.5 changelog:
New features and improvements:
- The mod is now a DLC
- JohnP's additional LI mod is implemented
- New final Normandy flyby scene
- Adjustments to the credits
- Most problems with the installer should be a thing of the past, since MEHEM is now a DLC
- NG+ not working after playing through MEHEM is fixed
- Subtitles (speaker names) are fixed
- Video timing has been slightly adjusted
- Emails are corrected for spelling/grammar (thnaks to RPGenius and giftfish)
- Cpt. Fob's email now triggers properly
- If you want to combine MEHEM with JohnP's extended Anderson conversation mod, the music fix is no longer necessary
New features of MEHEM v0.4:
- MEHEM now features 2 very different endings. Which one you will see depends on you EMS score
- The high EMS ending has been improved with new custom made videos
- Upon installation of MEHEM v0.4, you can now choose between the old v0.3 soundtrack and an entirely new and original soundtrack, composed and provided by sH0tgUn jUliA
- The slides for Miranda and Jack will now show during the epilogue, with Miranda having a new slide
- Miranda's and Jack's final moment after the memorial scene has been remade
- You will now get a couple of additional emails throughout the game*, as well as an additional action the SPECTRE terminal on the Citadel
- Adjusted the credits to account for all the people who came in to help on the project
- There is one more secret addition. If you find something unexpected while playing, report it here or on the BSN forums. :)
MEHEM v0.3 changelog:
New features and improvements:
- Jack and Miranda now have individual farewell videos (this is still a bit buggy, will be fixed in v0.4)
- A couple of new and colour corrected scenes for the videos
- The game now detects automatically if you saved the geth or not and shows the appropriate slides. No more manual file changes are required
- Stargazer scene now features MEHEM credits
- Various bugfixes
MEHEM, the Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod just got updated to v0.5. The biggest change is that the mod now uses the DLC method, meaning it is self contained in it's own DLC, rather than changing game files that already existed. This increases compatibility with other mods and general user convenience.
Other updates include the addition of Miranda and Jack to the memorial scene (if romanced by Shepard), a higher quality final flyby video, fixed subtitles and a restored NG+ import capability.
With switch to DLC also gives us more freedom for further additions in future versions of the mod, so stay tuned.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.