MEHEM is a reinterpretation of the endings of Mass Effect 3, which allows Commander Shepard to survive the final mission, among many other changes. It features custom videos and slides, re-engineered gameflow, original as well as re-arranged voice acting, new music, etc.
What does MEHEM do in detail (obvious spoiler warning)?
- It removes the catalyst scene. No ifs, not buts. It's gone for good. (So is your choice, you will now destroy the reapers no matter what)
- It introduces a whole new scene showing how Joker disobeys orders and keeps the Normandy in the fight long enough for Shepard to be rescued (with the help of a certain Alliance captain :))
- The Normandy no longer crash-lands on the Weirdo Planet
- The Geth and EDI survive. EDI is now present during the memorial and new slides were added to the epilogue that will show the geth, if they are alive.
- The epilogue slides now show survivors on the Citadel, most prominently Aria and Cpt. Baley.
- You will see your Shepard reunited with his crew (and even some interaction unique to your LI if the LI is part of the Normandy crew). While they don't exactly have a party, now it is a real bitter-sweet ending with the emphasis on "sweet" rather than on "bitter"
- The musical score is changed quite extensively, including the credits song
- Since by the time of v0.3, quite a few people have contributed to this mod, I implemented some MEHEM credits in the stargazer scene.
- Since v0.2, Harbinger will say a few lines during the beam run
MEHEM v0.5 changelog:
New features and improvements:
- The mod is now a DLC
- JohnP's additional LI mod is implemented
- New final Normandy flyby scene
- Adjustments to the credits
- Most problems with the installer should be a thing of the past, since MEHEM is now a DLC
- NG+ not working after playing through MEHEM is fixed
- Subtitles (speaker names) are fixed
- Video timing has been slightly adjusted
- Emails are corrected for spelling/grammar (thnaks to RPGenius and giftfish)
- Cpt. Fob's email now triggers properly
- If you want to combine MEHEM with JohnP's extended Anderson conversation mod, the music fix is no longer necessary
New features of MEHEM v0.4:
- MEHEM now features 2 very different endings. Which one you will see depends on you EMS score
- The high EMS ending has been improved with new custom made videos
- Upon installation of MEHEM v0.4, you can now choose between the old v0.3 soundtrack and an entirely new and original soundtrack, composed and provided by sH0tgUn jUliA
- The slides for Miranda and Jack will now show during the epilogue, with Miranda having a new slide
- Miranda's and Jack's final moment after the memorial scene has been remade
- You will now get a couple of additional emails throughout the game*, as well as an additional action the SPECTRE terminal on the Citadel
- Adjusted the credits to account for all the people who came in to help on the project
- There is one more secret addition. If you find something unexpected while playing, report it here or on the BSN forums. :)
MEHEM v0.3 changelog:
New features and improvements:
- Jack and Miranda now have individual farewell videos (this is still a bit buggy, will be fixed in v0.4)
- A couple of new and colour corrected scenes for the videos
- The game now detects automatically if you saved the geth or not and shows the appropriate slides. No more manual file changes are required
- Stargazer scene now features MEHEM credits
- Various bugfixes
Mass Effect Legendary Edition came out this year, and is a collection of the three mainline Mass Effect games alongside all the DLC and many patches to bugs, visuals, and more. It’s a pretty solid collection and a must-have for any Mass Effect fan looking for an excuse to replay the franchise for the thousandth time.
Of course, the value of any game collection goes up a lot when you factor in mods - and thanks to the creators of Legendary Explorer (shortened to LEX), modding for these games has just been turned up a notch.
Whilst many mods were made for the original Mass Effect games - Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod (MEHEM) being one of the more popular hosted on ModDB - it was a difficult process to create any substantial new content, and one that the older games simply were not built for.
The collection spans the entire story of Mass Effect, culminating in the apocalyptic third entry in the series
LEX features easier script editing thanks to compiling tools, level editing, and direct integration with BioWare’s plot system for editing the course of the narrative more comfortably. More features are planned, as well as stability improvements as LEX is in public beta and “not yet stable”, as their twitter reported.
That being said, the tools are released and ready to use. Many detailed mods have already been created for Legendary Edition, and as time goes on, we can only dream of the mods people may make with this powerful new toolset.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
An installer for MEHEM v0.3. The installer automatically creates a backup of all your files and is also packed with an uninstaller which will restore...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.