The Deus Ex Advancement Mod designed primarily for Immersive Sim enthusiasts and Deus Ex fans.
A Deus Ex Advancement Mod.
What if? What if Ion Storm continued to work on Deus Ex rather than releasing it when they did?
What if it were more uncompromising in it's design? What if it's widely agreed upon flaws were no more?
GMDX may very well be the closest answer. The goal is to expand upon the game whilst strictly staying true to the original design principles.
Project Lead/Design by CyberP.
Additional Programming by dasraiser.
Installer by ggrotz
GMDX In combination with HDTP & New Vision brings you the next logical step for Deus Ex, 14 years since the original game's release. The mod is still in development but it is at a stage adequate to be labelled an "advancement mod".
We are currently seeking animators to improve NPC animations, reload animations and add new sequences.
To learn more about the modifications in GMDX click here
For a step by step guide to installing GMDX click here
-Deus Ex updated to latest patch 1.112fm. (GOTY version has this patch default).
-The recent (2012) HDTP Beta (comes bundled with GMDX in v6 onwards).
-Sufficient Deus Ex Knowledge (Have completed the game before).
-You will need to start a new game.
Stop by GMDX's website to learn more about the mod in general.
Coming within the month, further advancement to Deus Ex's core design continues.
Some notable changes:
- Further Improved AI: they react to you smacking melee weapons against walls, the greasel has been given a few major improvements, military bots have had some significant changes and more.
- Further simulated interaction with pickups. All non-vital pickups can be destroyed with varying results: bottles break, splashing alcohol and glass everywhere. Fire extinguishers can be destroyed, releasing halon gas with the potential to blind enemies, shooting or setting flares on fire ignites them, and even grenade pickups explode, so you have to be wary of them!
- New rare ammo type for pistols: Armour piercing.
- HEAL ALL button in the health interface always uses 1 medkit, so you can distribute your medkits more tactfully.
- New camera effects for attacking with melee weapons & improved current effects for shooting.
- Further improvements to effects such as gore and explosions.
- Hackable and pickable objects/doors display the damage threshold.
- More bug fixes both vanilla & GMDX.
View some of these changes below:
Highest Rated (2 agree) 10/10
I truly think this mod deserves a 10. What it does, it does exceptionally well. The mod makes a number of very cool changes to the base game (with HDTP). First is the overall increase of challenge via various mechanisms such as improved ai, less resources and some nice map alterations. Other very cool features include additional options for role playing at certain parts of the game. There are also conservative (for the sake of balance), but noticeable improvements (in my opinion) to various augmentations…
Apr 8 2014, 10:14am by phillon