Fix on one map for those rare few who are not using New Vision (Final Release). If you are NOT using New Vision Final then the Lucky Money map will not...
A Deus Ex gameplay, challenge & general improvements mod.
Lead Design by CyberP.
Programming by dasraiser.
-More life-like AI and new enemy types.
-Improved and balanced augmentations.
-Improved and balanced skill system.
-Improved choice & consequence.
-Optional hardcore difficulty mode.
-Increased overall challenge (think System Shock on realistic, but a "true" challenge on the Hardcore mode (highly recommended)).
-Balanced & improved weaponry.
-Fixes many Vanilla & GOTY edition bugs.
-Altered level design in the interest of challenge, realism and choice and consequence.
-Many miscellaneous new features.
-Deus Ex updated to latest patch 1.112fm. GOTY version has this patch default.
-The recent (2012) HDTP Beta.
-Sufficient Deus Ex Knowledge (Have completed the game before).
-You will need to start a new game.
NOTE- You need to download & install HDTP FIRST before GMDX. Make sure HDTP is working before attempting to install GMDX.
Guide to installing GMDX:
Getting Deus Ex mod-ready.
1. Install Deus Ex.
2. Launch Deus Ex up to the main menu. At the main menu look for the text "v1.112fm". If "v1.112fm" is NOT displayed and some other version number is then apply the Official patch v1.112fm.
Installing New Vision
A graphics mod for Deus Ex (world textures). New Vision is optional but this guide assumes New Vision will be installed.
1. Download New Vision. Launch NewVision.exe. The installation wizard gives you options for custom launchers and renderers. It is recommended you check the boxes for Kenties DirectX 10 renderer and Kenties Launcher.
2. Install to your Deus Ex directory and click "Yes" to whatever else the wizard asks.
Optional: Now make a backup copy of the Deus Ex directory, mod ready and New Vision installed. New Vision is compatible with all other mods.
A graphics mod (objects, characters, weapons etc).
Beta01: Copy HDTPPapers into DeusEx\System.
Beta02: Copy HDTPCharacters, HDTPDecos & HDTPItems into DeusEx\System and overwrite when prompted.
Beta03: Copy DeusEx.u into DeusEx\HDTP\System and overwrite when prompted. Copy HDTPAnim.utx into both DeusEx\Textures & DeusEx\HDTP\Textures for good measure. Copy HDTPBookOpen & HDTPBookClosed into DeusEx\System.
Now launch Deus Ex via the .exe found in DeusEx\System. Select "data directories" and check the HDTP & New Vision related boxes. All of them. In "configure", check "non-scaling GUI" and change the resolution to better suit your machine and get the most out of the graphics. Change renderer to "Direct3D 10 support" for best graphics.
Run the game and check out the great new graphics.
1. Download GMDX. Extract the contents of the Maps folder to DeusEx\NewVision\Maps. Replace/overwrite all.
2. Extract the contents of the Music folder to DeusEx\Music.
3. Place Deus Ex.u, Models.u & the GMDX.u file into DeusEx\HDTP\System and replace/overwrite when prompted. Place the DeusEx.int file into DeusEx\System and replace when prompted.
Now launch Deus Ex from the .exe again. Look in "data directories" and make sure you have checked all the HDTP and New Vision related boxes.
Almost there. Note you have to start a new game. Once you start playing press Esc and go into "HDTP options", select "custom" then set all characters to True except for "MJ12", which should be false. This is because of a bug with HDTP MJ12 code. You can disable any of the other HDTP character models if you don't like them or if Deus Ex is running slowly.
Now you are finally ready to play, enjoy!
We are on the last stretch, but still it is taking time. Since we have been way off target with the specified release date I have decided to upload this little teaser of just the latest weapon modifications.
We cannot provide a solid release date due to circumstance, so just "watch" the mod using moddb's modwatch feature to receive all future updates either by email or notifications on moddb.
Brace yourselves for impact! It won't be long now.