Version 7 release of the Deus Ex Advancement Mod designed primarily for Immersive Sim enthusiasts and Deus Ex fans.
NEW PERK SYSTEM
- 32 new empowering perks.
- Features skill requirements; you must first upgrade the respective skill to the corresponding level to be able to purchase the perk.
- Enables new features such as the ability to toggle grenades that explode on contact or timed, and the ability to hack security systems at range with multitools.
- Click the "perks" button from the skills screen.
-More choice, more depth. How will you build your character?
Description: An agent's standing accuracy bonus with pistols is accelerated by 20%.
Requires: Pistols (TRAINED)
Costs: 250 skill points.
Description: An agent's vision is not impaired whilst drowning.
Requires: Athletics (TRAINED)
Costs: 75 skill points.
Description: Multitools gain considerably increased wireless signal strength, enabling an agent to hack security systems at range.
Requires: Electronics (ADVANCED)
Costs: 200 skill points.
Description: Nearby proximity mines emit audible feedback to your infolink, revealing their location.
Requires: Demolitions (ADVANCED)
Costs: 125 skill points.
Description: An agent's stamina regenerates even when crouch-walking.
Requires: Stealth (MASTER)
Costs: 350 skill points.
- Pickups and decorative objects now move when taking damage, meaning explosions send objects flying, hitting objects or shooting them knocks them around.
- Force is transferred when one object hits another.
- AI are knocked back by high-powered weaponry.
- Pool ball physics improved.
FURTHER WEAPON MODDING EXPANSIONS
- New weapon mods: damage & fully-automatic firing modes.
- Added a "Installed Modifications" display to weapon inventory descriptions. This shows all the weapon mods you have installed with clarity.
- Also updated and improved general weapon information information, such as whether a weapon is semi-automatic or fully-automatic..
- Installing weapon mods produces various different sounds based on type.
- More weapons accept more types of mods.
EXPANDED & IMPROVED LEVEL DESIGN
- Bigger & better than before, GMDX expands upon Deus Ex's level design in every respect whilst staying true to the original style.
- Every map has received attention, improving all aspects of gameplay, enhancing level audio design with ambiance and scripted audio, making things look prettier and more detailed, improving mission scripting and adding more noteworthy places to explore.
- The example image you see below is an overhead shot of a beautiful expansion to the Paris Metro HUB map, where on one side of the map you had the hostel, the bakery, the club and such, but on the other side there was very little at all. On this side you'll have to avoid or take out MJ12 troopers on their patrols by sticking to the side alleys or climbing on the roofs, and you'll find a number of interesting areas to explore.
FURTHER IMPROVED AI
- AI in GMDX v7.0 are polished to a very high standard, but there's always more you can do. So in GMDX v8.0 we have some finishing touches. Examples:
- Some high-level AI use new augmentations, such as a typhoon-like aug, and visual shielding.
- Improved AI's GMDX camping behavior; behavior when taking cover and holding their positions.
- Optimized AI shooting/aiming behavior primarily related to projectile attacks.
- If an alarm is sounded more enemies are called in (high security areas only).
- Dogs chase and attack the player more effectively, and when they spot you they bark loads and alert nearby AI to your presence. (in other words, they behave closer to real life guard dogs).
- Whilst AI death animation is playing there is no longer invisible collision that blocks bullets and enemy decision-making algorithms.
- A focus on making AI/the game a little easier on lower difficulty levels.
- EMP damage causes an augmented MIB's augmentations to malfunction.
- Yet more appropriate variation in pain, death and knockout sounds.
- Blowing up NPCs doesn't destroy their inventories (Credit: Yuki of Shifter).
- If a military bot stomps over a corpse the corpse will gib.
AUDIO DESIGN & EFFECTS
- Deus Ex at this point in time (GMDX v8.0 milestone) now features over 200 new sounds, resulting in a much-needed audio design overhaul.
- New interactivity sounds, the HUD alerts you audibly when biolectricity is low, an extra focus on level audio design (ambiance, scripted sounds) this time around, plenty new player and AI sounds and much more.
- further gore expansions, such as AI head decapitation, improved blood effects and general polish.
- Many other effects such as augmentation activation effects, weapon and explosion effects, player movement-based effects and of course, much, much more.
That's enough show & tell. The full changelog will be available upon release.
GMDX is shaping up to be a significant achievement in terms of game design, as well as a personal accomplishment. GMDXv8.0 will be the final release of the mod, and additional contributors are sought before that time:
- Heavy-duty testing will be required.
- An animator would be fulfilling as new animations & behavior such as first person takedowns, a greater variation in AI death animations, mantling animations and new anims for the objects that were left behind by Ion Storm.
- Any skill is up for consideration. If you're talented, I'm listening.
Thank you to those that have contributed to GMDX in the past.
Highest Rated (7 agree) 10/10
GMDX is a comprehensive "advancement" modification which aims to improve upon almost every aspect of the Deus Ex experience. Gameplay mechanics have been painstakingly tweaked and revised in order to provide far better balance between skills, augmentations, and expendable items. NPC and enemy AI has been altered to behave more realistically and challenge the player to a far greater degree than ever before. Meanwhile, each level has been retouched and/or expanded with a number of graphical, decorative…
Aug 30 2014 by WildcatPhoenix