The Deus Ex Advancement Mod designed primarily for Immersive Sim enthusiasts and Deus Ex fans.
A Deus Ex Advancement Mod.
What if? What if Ion Storm continued to work on Deus Ex rather than releasing it when they did?
What if it were more uncompromising in it's design? What if it's widely agreed upon flaws were no more?
GMDX may very well be the closest answer. The goal is to expand upon the game whilst strictly staying true to the original design principles.
Project Lead/Design by CyberP.
Additional Programming by dasraiser.
Installer by ggrotz
GMDX In combination with HDTP & New Vision brings you the next logical step for Deus Ex, 14 years since the original game's release. The mod is still in development but it is at a stage adequate to be labelled an "advancement mod".
We are currently seeking animators to improve NPC animations, reload animations and add new sequences.
To learn more about the modifications in GMDX click here
For a step by step guide to installing GMDX click here
-Deus Ex updated to latest patch 1.112fm. (GOTY version has this patch default).
-The recent (2012) HDTP Beta (comes bundled with GMDX in v6 onwards).
-Sufficient Deus Ex Knowledge (Have completed the game before).
-You will need to start a new game.
Stop by GMDX's website to learn more about the mod in general.
The Deus Ex Advancement Mod Designed Primarily for Immersive Sim Enthusiasts and Deus Ex Fans.
- Tech goggles can see through walls (albeit with short range) at advanced and master environ skill level.
- Demolitions increases blast radius & at master level gas grenades can K.O unaugmented pawns with the initial concussion-inducing blast.
- Combat strength increases melee attack speed in addition to damage to balance out against Microfibral Muscle, and because fun.
- Speed Enhancement produces noise when crouched, therefore making silent running worth a damn.
- Restored Aggressive Defensive System's ability to detonate proximity mines for balancing reasons.
- Increased microfibral muscle throw velocity a touch.
- Implemented Rate of Fire mods.
- Weapon mods are now stackable in the inventory.
- Improved ballistic impact effects further.
- Removed custom glock as rate of fire mods made it somewhat redundant and rebalanced pistol stats.
- Reduced grenade detonation time by 1 second and increased throw range a touch.
- Pepper gun & fire extinguishers are significantly more reliable.
- Minor recoil adjustments.
- GEP gun now accepts clip size weapon mods. Fire rockets in succession, compatible with the new guidance systems too.
- Buffed tranq dart damage so that every human NPC that does not have a helmet, is not augmented or invincible can be K.O'ed with one shot to the head.
- Renamed the assault gun to the name it is given in the blueprints found in-game.
- Increased running anim speed by 5% and melee attack speed by 10% to make them look a touch more convincing.
- AI notice when cameras are beeping at you and hunt in the direction they are looking in. (hardcore mode only).
- Increased running animation rate by 5% to make them look more convincing. Melee attack by 10% (this one also makes them more threatening).
- Nerfed vanilla mib & Wib
- Many changes to barks and pain/death/K.O sounds for realism.
Effects & Audio:
- Significant improvements to gore.
- Heavy EMP damage disables the HUD. Find a way to reboot it.
- throwing objects in water makes a splash effect.
- Added new footstep sounds for when landing from height (currently wood and carpet only, more to come).
- Slowed camera spinning speed upon player death and added screen flash upon death.
- Improved rocket & explosion effects further.
- Minor modification to electricity effects.
- Improved plasma effects further.
- Increased chance of containers spawning trash, less chance to spawn rat.
- Increased number of fragments spawned by deco when taking damage.
- Increased the speed of tracers a touch.
- Significantly increased chances to gib the player from explosives. Originally you could take rockets to the face, you'd die but just flop to the floor instead of becoming mince meat.
- Significant improvements to NYC streets maps.
- Fixed crashing when hacking a terminal in NYC sewers.
- Fixed an AI issues when stealing from one of the triads.
- Distributed rate of fire mods across the game according to the approach in vanilla design.
- Added additional aesthetic detail to a small number of maps.
- Removed liberty island plants present in v6.1.
- Made non-swinging cameras reset view rotation after tagging player (vanila fix)
- Fixed bug that makes carcasses already in a map with a weapon in it's inventory just crap out as it has not got spawned ammotype (vanila fix).
- there was a small variation in the time you could pick up a body you just killed/K.O'ed. This is now removed. (vanilla fix).
- Removed haxor line from GMDX load path.
Note to players of GMDX v6.1 ONLY: this should be fine to install on top of a current playthrough and continue.
This is likely to conclude development of the mod. I may pick it back up again one day.
Highest Rated (2 agree) 10/10
I truly think this mod deserves a 10. What it does, it does exceptionally well. The mod makes a number of very cool changes to the base game (with HDTP). First is the overall increase of challenge via various mechanisms such as improved ai, less resources and some nice map alterations. Other very cool features include additional options for role playing at certain parts of the game. There are also conservative (for the sake of balance), but noticeable improvements (in my opinion) to various augmentations…
Apr 8 2014, 10:14am by phillon