Red Eclipse is a fun-filled new take on the casual first person arena shooter, featuring parkour, impulse boosts, and other tricks.
Red Eclipse is a futuristic FPS game which focuses on agile gameplay.
Unlike in other FPSes were you constantly need to search for health, armor or ammo items;
in Red Eclipse you get health regeneration & no armor by defaullt. This fosters a fast and
to-the-point type of gameplay, were you concentrate on what matters: FRAGGING!
You can carry up to a max of 3 weapons from a total of 9 unique available weapons:
- Melee (ground punches & aerial kicks).
- Rocket and
All weapons (except the Rocket & Grenades) have unlimited ammo.
The gameplay brings us some innovative and unique moves such as:
- Impulse dash,
- Wall run,
- Wall kick,
- Power jump and
- Power slide moves.
With a wide range of game modes to choose from:
- Capture the Flag with sub-modes:
- Defend the Flag with sub-modes:
- Bomber Ball with sub-modes:
- Time Trial (a Parkour mode).
Along with a whole lot of mutators for the modes:
- Resize and
- League (currently in development)
As for environments, it has a total of 37 unique maps.
All this points put together give this game a Highly Balanced Gameplay.
If _FRAGGING_ is your business, this game won't dissapoint you. Get it!
Based on the Cube 2: Sauerbraten engine, this is definitely the best Mod ever created for it.
- Easy to learn and start with
- Cool parkour-style movement
- Big amount of mutators to fine-tune the match just how you want it
- Co-op edit mode allows you to create a map together with other players on the server or run around and fight on a map that other players are working on that very moment
- Rifle is relatively underpowered and hard to use compared to other weapons
- Server browsing allows you to see how much percent of the server variables are modified, but not which. You can have a guess at what has been changed, but you can't be sure until you join the server.
9/10 - A few things can be improved but the game is near-perfect.
I'm not that big of a FPS gamer but this game is actually quite fun to play with that satisfying ping when you hit your target and instagib for the win :D
A single player campaign or story would seriously do this game justice.
now we just got to fill the servers :P
I love this game; it's always fun to play. The weapon balance is good, the maps are really creative, and the mutators give the game virtually endless possibilities. The unlimited ammo and health regeneration is a great move; it's a lot more fun this way.
One of my favourite things about this game is the parkour, where you can run across a wall or kick off it to reach higher places. This is no gimmick, either: I find it to be invaluable in a number of situations.
Great game; 10/10
I have been playing the game for a year now, and have been a highly active player. I use and check out the SVN versions of this game, it's just too much fun to be free. If life wasn't a thing, I would gladly spend 95% of my time on this game (5% is for eating, because I like eating, OK?).
Red Eclipse. Fun. Red Eclipse. Fun. They just go together. Red Eclipse is Cube Engine 2 perfected. The graphics are brilliant, and can run at a fairly high FPS even on a crappy computer or laptop (such as mine). gameplay-wise, it's twitch perfected. nailing that perfect headshot has never been harder thanks to the chainshot which is both useful for a quick escape and makes it hard to get a bead on the enemy. The maps and gamemodes are very varied,with mutators available to keep gameplay fresh and new just when you got bored. all in all Red Eclipse is a game very much worth downloading. It's completely free and plays a better multiplayer round than some of the big guns (CoD, Team Fortress 2, Quake Online), meaning it's got great value for money.