Tiberium Dusk 1.25 - mechanics testing video
In another above video shown are two new mechanics that will be changing the way Kane's Wrath works majorly as I continue working. ;)
The first mechanic shown is Airburst projectiles, though obviously buggy at the moment, the airburst mechanic works successfully and can be used to shower a rain of projectiles on an area.
The main development this is going to be used for is a recreation of the Nod "Multi-Missile", the classic Superweapon from Tiberian Sun. I do plan on using it for other things however such as Artillery and special powers. :D
The second mechanic shown is the new "Mutant Hijacker", still in its testing phases he can only capture specific vehicles currently and provide "infiltrator" effects to certain buildings; for example:
- Can powered down "powered" buildings for 1 minute, effectively disabling them.
- Can disable the radar of radar structures for 1 minute
- Can steal money from resource structures
When finished this will work across the board, with the hijacker being able to steal T3 units (Mammoth Tanks, Tripods, Avatars etc) and being able to enter any building (he can only enter GDI structures currently).
Its reasonably hard to see his remodelling from the Nod Militant in the video, but its easily visible ingame.
There are other mechanics / features that have been implemented, from fixing up the Mastodon (still needs working AI script for subweapons), implementing a "No superweapons" option and various other rebalances such as the buffing of MoK basic cyborg units and Scorpion tanks. (Seen in the video at the end)
Planned Renegade OST
I'm planning on adding several more songs from the Renegade OST as well as a...
Possible 2nd mod for Red Alert 3...
This probably wont come quickly / any time soon, but I've been planning the groundwork for another "classic" style mod for Red Alert 3, I've been tinkering around with the RA3 Mod SDK of which I've been using in order to create the airburst effect above (though RA3's Sage Engine parameters were completely different to Kane's Wrath, so it was pretty hacky to get it to work, there's no Apex based projectile explosions in KW)...
Red Alert 2 was one of my favourite games as a kid, so making a "sister" mod to go alongside Tiberium Dusk would be something amazing that I'd love to undertake, assuming that the workload isn't too big.
This may or may not happen, but as far as what I've already considered in my head; this is what I envision:
- Return to the Classic Red Alert Soundtracks (fairly easy to implement)
- Classic style gameplay, removal of the overly micro-orientated unit switching / ability mechanics
- Classic sound effects
- Possible implementation of the gore system already in Tiberium Dusk
- *possible* changing of the eco system, though this is probably more effort than its worth
- Removal of the excessive goofiness, making a more serious game
- Making special powers reliant on buildings rather than "Generals Points", as in C&C3.
- Changing unit behaviour to behave in a more "classic" fashion, not sure how this would be implemented across the board, but it would be something fun to make.
Recently I made a Patreon (thanks to a suggestion from a friend) which is in its early stages, here's my account link anyway:
Hope everyone's keeping well, and apologies that I've been fairly slow going / quiet recently, been a lot of new things I've been trying to learn which has taken up more time than I'd originally anticipated.
Thanks for staying with me. :D