The first actual release of Tiberium Dusk, a mod that's been in the work for almost a year now, which continues from an unreleased mod I made for Tiberium Wars.
Tiberium Dusk 1.22 Release
(Somewhat) Comprehensive List of changes / additions that I can remember:
- GDI MARV is now the Conqueror Supertank, functions as a traditional tank with HUGE cannons, can be upgraded with railguns and still has infantry modules.
- Steel Talons now has the Mastodon which has two loadouts (can be selected in the lower right corner), the Mammoth Mk.2 Loadout costs $2000 credits and equips the Mastodon with Dual Mk.1 Railguns, behaving similarly to Tiberian Sun's Mk.2, except without the penetration. The Devastator Cannon loadout costs $3000 credits and gives the Mastodon Rocket pods a sidegrade EMP Shockwave missile, and arms the Mastodon with an enormous slow firing cannon. Generally this upgrade does less damage over time, but over a very large radius.
- ZOCOM MARV is mostly unchanged, except it comes trained with Veteran Status and two can be built at any one time. MARV sonic shell is nerfed in terms of damage, but now has a splash radius that respects the visual effect.
- Black Hand "Chieftain" Epic Unit is a essentially a Redeemer, but unlike the regular Redeemer it acts as a beacon of Kane and heals all units nearby, as well as buffing their stats. A true teamplay weapon, it also heals allied vehicles too.
- Devastator Hexapod, new end-game 8000 credit Eradicator Variant. Has dual tripod lasers, plasma disk launchers, the super (green) plasma disk launcher and healing pods. Has 25% extra armor, but is slower than the MARV; making it the slowest unit in the game.
- The Kane's Tower Propoganda Structures also do the same thing as the Chieftain above.
- The "Brawler" Emissary for Black Hand also provides a Propoganda effect.
- Shadow Emissary for Nod and Marked of Kane provides a blanket of Stealth when deployed.
- All expansion units deploy in 3 seconds.
- GDI / ST / ZOCOM Surveyor has now swapped roles with the Rig, which now provides ground control and automated weapons systems and has also been uparmored. The Surveyor now functions as a Mobile Sensor Array, giving GDI the ability to detect Stealth. (Stealth is planned to be buffed in the future)
- ST Mammoth Tank Mk.1 and Mammoth Tank Mk.2, Mk.1 is an economy mammoth tank that never receives railguns and has a poor performance engine, however, is cheaper than the GDI Mammoth. Mk.2 is the strongest Mammoth Tank in the game.
- ST Adaptive Armor is now a permanent upgrade, providing a small armor bonus and EMP immunity.
- ST Titans now no longer receive railguns, but their cannons and armor are buffed. Cost is increased significantly.
- Nod Avatar is now nerfed and functions similarly to the Titan, though stronger. Costs $1850 credits. Upgrades for the Avatar now refund some of the cost, making it an actual viable strategy to upgrade an Avatar.
- Purifier is WIP, but has a charge-up obelisk laser in addition to its flamethrower, costs $3000.
- Annihilator Tripod now costs $2700.
- Stinger Scorpion ($900) and Defender Scorpion ($800) and Nod Scorpion ($700), two variants of the Scorpion for Black Hand and Marked of Kane. Black Hand has the Stinger, which is a 2 barreled Scorpion; one laser and one cannon atop this tank. Much faster than the regular Scorpion, but less armor; making it a fragile hit and run tank. Defender Scorpion is the opposite, up-armored, and with its Supercharged Particle Beam upgrade being weaker than the laser upgrade (though more effective vs infantry), its the least offensive scorpion of the three.
- Viper Scout Bike (BH - $600), Reaper Attack Cycle (MoK - $600), Nod Attack Bike ($500), Viper Scout Bike is a faster version of the attack bike, firing 3 missiles instead of 2. Same armor. Reaper Attack Cycle is an uparmored version of the attack bike, firing a single heavy missile with Tiberian Sun sound effects.
- MoK Blaster Beam Cannon; Marked of Kane's Beam Cannon variant. Fires a charge-up obelisk laser for moderate damage.
- GDI Juggernaught Mk.2: GDI's new juggernaught, it actually fires upwards unlike Vanilla and has extremely damaging shells. Far superior range, very slow fire rate. $2800 credits.
- MoK Phantom Artillery: Marked of Kane's new spectre, longest range unit in the game. Must deploy to fire, which requires user to press a button. Loses stealth upon deploying.
- MoK Obelisk of Darkness: $3000 credit Super Defence, has larger range and can shoot down air units.
- ZOCOM Sonic Shatterer: $3000 credit Super Defence, fires a Sonic Wave that hits twice, 1-shots many of the weaker units in the game but cannot shoot air.
- ZOCOM Goliath Heavy Tank: Heavy predator which has missiles, has an upgraded engine and slightly more armor.
- Reaper 17 Hunter Seeker: New artillery variant of the seeker, has purple reskin, fires heavy plasma shells that cause collateral damage and can often damage friendly units. Cannot shoot at Air Targets.
- Reaper 17 Stormcaster Fighter: Shielded Reskinned Stormrider, fires heavy plasma shells at ground targets and has a small laser for defeating air targets. $2500 credits.
- New MoK Light Infantry Squad and "Tiberium Wars" era Nod Militant Squad.
- New Music, new sound effects.
- Blue Tiberium now explosive, visceroids spawn when infantry cross tiberium.
- Cabal Announcer for MoK.
- Resource / Harvesting adjustments and power / radar changes to make the game more accurately reflect a classic C&C game.
- Start games with a small force of units, like classic C&C games.
- Return of the classic Ion Cannon.
- ST Behemoth is functionally different, works as more of a support / assault artillery.
There are tonnes of other numerous changes to mention but that wouldn't fit on the page, so I just included the major changes.
One of the more smaller changes for example is the new Militant Squads, which are trained by Nod Legion. Effectively I took the Militant Squad from Tiberium Wars (AKA hoody soldiers, EA lore ftw) and used it as Nod Legion's primary infantry unit. (Nod Legion is essentially the Nod Splinter Faction, essentially being the wastelanders of Nod / GLA of Nod.) Now Marked of Kane is the "actual" Nod faction, being that it is Kane's army; and hence has the "Light Infantry Squad" using the Combat Armor mk.2 that EA for whatever reason changed for Kane's Wrath, which is supposedly superior to GDI armor.
If anybody needs any help PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks everyone. :)