Tiberium Dusk 1.24 - Brutal KW contains a new gore system, a new map, new units, large (existing) unit changes, a few new music tracks, new artwork / graphics and more. Please view the changelog below for further information.
Its here! The release of Tiberium Dusk 1.24, packed with new gameplay features and other stuff. I couldn't quite fit in what everyone wanted, but ultimately I wanted to get this release out the way so I feel I could move on without giving people too huge a delay in development. :)
Tiberium Dusk version 1.24
(relatively) Comprehensive Changelog
- Hell Island! New multiplayer map added. Installation instructions are in the readme provided.
- Added descriptions to power plants.
- Superweapons now cost 3000 credits
- To buy epic units, you first need to purchase a superweapon. This change makes Superweapons more important, rather than just a gimmick.
Global Defence Initiative (GDI)
- Tiberian Dawn Infantry added. Has new sound effects, new weapons and overall better functionality. The tiberian dawn grenade trooper is completely different damage wise to the Tiberium Wars game trooper and its noticable ingame, with Tib Dawn grenades being much more effective vs vehicles. (like classic) Rocket Soldiers fire faster velocity rockets.
- Addition of the Hover MLRS, costing 1700 credits and being highly manueverable, it can get around the battlefield in no time.
- Improved ZOCOM Shatterer, still needs more work though as its functionally clunky. Fires super sonic wave every 4 seconds. Costs 2000 credits.
NOD (General - All factions)
- Cyborgs cannot be "Call for Transport" anymore, however, the Marked of Kane Cyborg Commando can be airlifted in a unique fashion. ;P
- Basic Nod Cyborgs faster.
Marked of Kane
- Attack Buggy Gattling Buffed, does slightly more damage (unit still needs renaming and description however)
- Light Infantry Squads buffed. Confessor leaders get better "Supercharged Particle Beams" when upgraded now, doing substantial damage.
- "Militant Rockets" made to function like their Tiberian Sun counterparts, with fast autoloading rocket launchers and inaccuracy against moving targets. EXTREMELY deadly even in late game. When facing these rocket soldiers, don't go stationary, they'll smash you very quickly!
- "Heavy Cyborgs" - Marked of Kane exclusive Cyborgs with classic Tiberian Sun chainguns. Slower than Nod Cyborgs but highly damaging chainguns and improved armor offsets this.
- "Cyborg Commando" is now an official Epic Unit, though not in the sense you might be expecting. He still has "Commando" in his name! An armored monstrosity of an infantry unit, he can raze bases with his custom green flamethrower, and put up a fight against entire armies with his Heavy Plasma Cannon when alone, though he can be quickly overwhelmed if you're not being careful. ;) He also has a unique "Call for Transport" pickup too.
- "Blaster" beam cannon slight rework. Now does considerably higher damage and has a proper Cameo / Icon for his differences. Does around 0.7x the damage of an obelisk, so this isn't a vehicle you can take lightly, it can easily destroy most vehicles in 1-2 hits.
- Marked of Kane "Spectre" now had a huge rework. Fires much more accurate shells (though they still have travel time), and the splash radius for the shell has been reduced and given a "taper off", so if it doesn't direct hit, it does slightly less damage. Direct Hits can be catastrophic however. Can now bombard areas marked by Shadow Teams.
- "Banshee" bomber. New high speed strike fighter aircraft for Marked of Kane. It replaces the Vertigo and offers enormous firepower in a heavily armored package, however, it loses its ability to combat air units and its Stealth for its advantages. Very effective vs infantry, tanks and structures. Costs 1800 credits.
- Tiberium Troopers can now spawn visceroids. (Needs to be added to unit description)
- MoK Turrets now have descriptions explaining that they are singular and don't have 3 mini-turrets.
Scrin (General - All 3 factions)
- Disintegrators Rebalanced. Now actually require skill to use more than vanilla. (Something the AI doesn't have lol) Trades range and damage for firing speed and anti-infantry effectiveness. This means disintegrators can fire earlier and do more damage, but can't kill infantry or rapidly kill vehicles in groups. Now also costs 400 credits to match other faction anti-tank infantry.
- Gun Walkers / Shard Walkers rebalanced. Much needed change. Still effective at killing and dispatching infantry / aircraft, but it isn't completely overkill when compared to vanilla in that a group can absolutely decimate aircraft / infantry the moment they get into range.
NOD Faction General Changes
- Hover Mechanics improved for almost all hover vehicles, before Hover Vehicles could "wobble" on fast turns, but now they perform very smoothly. Amphibious capability is still a major component to Hovering.
- Gore System Added, including exploded, "normal", burned and poisoned deaths so far. Allows for more fancy looking combat. Possibly more demanding, so I recommend the installation of the 4gb Patch for this version of the mod.
- 6 New songs added
- C&C 80s Mix First Half - CNC1
- Warfare - CNC1
- Airstrike - CNC1
- Face the Enemy Original - Red Alert 1
- Mud (Remix) - Red Alert 1
- Dense - Red Alert 1
Thank you for all those who tag along and enjoy. :)
Any changes that you wanted / listed will likely come later in newer versions of the mod, but I wanted to get this release out the way so I don't have to delay it anymore than I have to. :D