I have been improving one of Undying Nephalim's older releases of Hyrule Total War - namely the 3.8 version released at the end of 2014 and the final version with all the old faction rosters. The mod will have custom strat-map cities/agents, custom battle-map settlements, new resources on the map, new factions such as Majora and the Oocca, new units for most older factions and the minor factions especially, new animations, new 2d-art. Majora will use unused reskins for the Zora, Kokiri, Gorons and Hylians made by the Undying Nephalim, while also using new re-skins made by Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord for the rest of the intended factions that Neph intended for Majora to use - and this submod aims to bring you the most finished Hyrule Total War yet - using the older models because i think some of them were better but not all, i am also oldschool!
Features of the original 3.8 mod by Undying Nephalim:
1. All the old Hyrule faction rosters.
2. Mission 19-29 of the Hyrule Historia Missions plus the "Final Mission" against Majora in Majora Prime.
3. Custom Battles with all the old factions.
4. Free-form Campaign using all the old scripts.
Features of the submod:
1. All the vanilla Medieval 2 strat-map agents replaced with Hyrule ones made by Undying Nephalim.
2. Every strat-map vanilla settlement-model replaced by custom ones made by Undying Nephalim.
3. All the battle-map cities from vanilla Med2 replaced with custom ones made by Undying Nephalim.
4. All the older factions will spawn in the early game and be a challenge in the Free-form campaign, unlike before where some factions never spawned, and others did but never had an impact because they stood no chance against the vastly expanded factions.
5. New units for many factions - borrowed with permission from the recent version of Hyrule (such as mounts, minor faction units and the Oocca units) or from the demo of the Great Sea: Total War expansion project (New Hyrule units).
5. New factions in the Free-form campaign such as the Church of Majora and Oocca factions.
6. Majora will use never-before used or seen reskins for the Kokiri, Gorons, Hylians and the Zora - made by Undying Nephalim many years ago, but coded into the mod for the first time by me now. The Church of Majora will also use re-skins made by Codeman for the rest of the originally intended factions that Neph wanted Majora to use in their roster.
7. Most of the unused units of the old version will be used.
8. Scripts will be improved or finished.
9. New religions imported from the recent version - fixed UI problems for the Lizalfos and the Gerudo in the diplomacy screen.
10. New diplomacy and changed game-play - good factions are allied and evil factions are allied.
11. All the animations of the HTW 4.6 version and the Great Sea: Total War demo have been implemented - meaning we can use all their units and every attack.
12. All the 4.6 projectiles/missiles with their textures and model-files have been implemented - they will look like in 4.6.
13. Videos made by Undying Nephalim, the creator of Hyrule Total War - edited for the Freeform Campaign, as in cut to fit the win, defeat, death and intro categories - by me, and i did use as much story as possible to give the cinematics a proper use in the mod now that the Ancient pack and the Twili pack are not working in the recent Hyrule, and the working packs are no longer available.
The videos are available unchanged on Youtube so i downloaded them from there and made them fit the campaign instead.
I've re-worked all the mission videos of the Hyrule Historia from the Ancient Era to the Fallen Sage - ending with the beginning of the Labrynna tale after the victory of Hylia.
You will now have videos playing when you start the campaign, when you win, when you are defeated and when you or the AI kill off other factions as most factions have their own death-movies unique to them.
14. New resources on the map has been properly placed on the old map manually - replacing old models and vanilla models on the map. New resources include much superior models seen in HTW 4.6.
And additional changes later to be described.
4gb patch/Large Adress Aware- they are included in the download and make sure to patch your game .exe with these for the mod to be able to run.
Patch your kingdoms.exe, and only do it once. It will make all heavy mods work and be more stable. Without the patch you may experience alot of crashes. If you have Steam it's the medieavl2.exe you will need to patch - you don't need to use this patch if you've done it for other mods already.
It's stand-alone, you don't need HTW 4.5/4.6 to play this version - being a submod just means i didn't make the full mod, i continued work on Undying Nephalims older 3.8 version.
- Being a submod doesn't mean that you'd need to copy/paste this on-top of a different version - you do only need the downlod right here to play this version of the mod.
To install the mod using the CD-version, move the mod-folder named "Hyrule" inside of your Medieval II Total War/mods-folder - after first using the latest version of winRAR to extract the folder - by moving it out manually by dragging the folder with your mouse. And start the mod by clicking the .bat-file. Be advised that you must move the entire SEGA game folder out of program files to prevent issues on new computers, also you'd have to deactivate the UAC (User Account Control) as it interfere with mods making them not work. - Read more about disabling the UAC at TWC (Total War Center) or just shut it down totally).
Always patch the .exe files with both the large adress aware and the 4gb patch to be secure- then make sure that the mod is not located in Program Files (X86) on any windows more recent than win 7- sometimes Win 7 won't allow this neither due to being updated by automatic windows updates, because i had zero problems until an automatic update happened. I have had mods for Med2 running on win 10 as well, but it required some work in order to get them to run without issues.
First of all, don't have the mods in Program Files (X86) because the modding won't be read and the mods will probably CTD all the time. The security shit of win 10 will make sure that the mirror files saved in a different directory is read instead of the modded files. The computer would copy the game to a different location and read the vanilla files instead of the files in the mod-folder- causing all kinds of trouble for the modder. I didn't know why none of my changes had any effect at first. So move the entire SEGA-folder out of Program Files (X86) and place in D/Games or something.
The above is only for the CD-version of the mod/game- you have no other choice for the Steam version than to have it in program files (X86).
Also, i've recently uploaded a tutorial video about how to install Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate for the Steam version of Medieval 2.
It's a short four minute video about installing the mod for the Steam version of the game, including also some additional info regarding the "Battle Immersion Mod" by Hit&Run that follows with the mod.
Furthermore, remember to patch the main medieval2.exe with the 4gb patch as well. If you've done it for other mods already then you don't need to do it again. It's a program so you will just start it as an administrator, then browse to the .exe of your Medieval2 game, and then select the .exe and click patch using the program.
Additionally i've uploaded a two hour video yesterday about most of the changes of the december 2019 release of Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate. The video weren't created back then because i were tired.
By the way, don't miss out on the Hyrule Historia Campaign Cinematics that are optional to download for this mod, as they take up a huge amount of space on your harddrive. The Gerudo Wars Hyrule Historia Missions are also optional.
The installation instructions are in this video:
Download Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate here:
Beware that the mod will crash a lot more if you use the "Third Person Mod"- but it still works quite well.
Credits for the mod:
Hyrule Total War - from the first version, and up to Hyrule Total War Version 4.6 - Undying Nephalim (Nephy/Neph) - the sole creator of the mod and all of it's original assets.
SirLion and Tedster1995 - The community Patches and fixes of 2014 that are all included in this sub-mod - fixed many issues in the mod back then.
Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate Sub-Mod - Mr_Nygren, been working on improving the dec 2014 HTW 3.8 version alone, after permission from Neph!
Re-skins of most of the Majora regional rosters - Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord helped me with them, and their banners.
Link-crash and Ooccoo-hero - Warcraft TW modeler Bantu Chieftain helped me fix the Link crash, by moving the sword from the left hand to the right - then he also helped me with removing the Oocca Commandant helmet without it causing the muscles connecting the arms to disappear - so he helped with these two models.
- He did also make an Oocca strat-model out of the Neph battle-model of the Oocca Commandants but unfortunately it crashed and wasn't included, but it is in the files of the mod.
Sky City creation - Undying Nephalim.
Making the Sky City custom settlement playable - Makayane.
Sky City Strat-model creation - Makayane.
Oocca strat-model - Model Creator Undying Nephalim, rigging it from battle model to strat model - Bantu Chieftain, Re-rigging the model, reducing the size of the model and it's textures- Makayane and lastly fixing the hands/arms - Gigantus.
I'm now releasing the BIG update that i've been working on most of my time for the last three months. The new update adds a lot of new stuff- three alternative...
New Alliances based on Neph's original ideas - and the Hyrule Historia videos, added info-text for those heroes/units that lacked it, new unit_info-portraits...
Hello, i have created a video and uploaded it on Youtube, in which i show you how to properly install the cinematic packages and Hyrule Historia Videos...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
I'm now releasing the BIG update that i've been working on most of my time for the last three months. It might seem smaller but this is due to the fact...
I've re-worked all the mission videos of the Fallen Sage Mission arc for the Freeform-Campaign - this here is the Order of the Wizzrobe videos. This is...
I've re-worked all the mission videos of the Fallen Sage Mission arc for the Freeform-Campaign - this here is the Stalfos and Lanayru Province videos...
I've re-worked all the mission videos of the Fallen Sage Mission arc for the Freeform-Campaign - this here is the Oocca material. You will now have videos...
I've re-worked all the mission videos of the Gerudo Wars Mission pack for the Freeform-Campaign. You will now have videos playing when you start the campaign...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.