Immersion mod to extend the functionality, variety and depth of the Dynamic News system.
- For Dead Air players, Install this AFTER the english translations.
- Totally safe to install or remove, no new game is required, no saves can be effected.
- Compatible with everything (as long as the dynamic news files remain untouched)
- Available in english and russian.
- This add-on is available for:
- Call of Chernobyl 1.5
- Call of Chernobyl 1.4.22
- Call of Misery
- Last Day
- Dead Air
- MLR 8.3 for CoC 1.4.22
This is a re-creation of the dynamic news system used in MLR and Last Day, both mods use 5 separated scripts to add new collection of news.
This one completely overwrite and revamp the news system by relying on an improved CoC 1.5 script. it has been made compatible with all CoC variants as well.
- Fixed a case in vanilla script where stalkers are "watching screams" or "seeing noises".
- Fixed a case where stalkers reporting wrong faction info.
Vanilla news are about:
- Witnessing death of other stalkers (killed by mutants or stalkers)
- Hearing screams and shooting.
- Bought items from traders.
- Finding artifacts.
- Wounded enemies.
This mod add news about:
- Obituaries (details about killed stalkers by mutants or other stalkers)
- Random/spam messages
- Factions news
- Factions activity in the zone
- Reports about dead stalkers.
- Expected date of upcoming surges.
- Loots from corpses.
- Time of day.
- Stolen stashes.
- Dumb zombies.
- Nearby enemy activities.
- Stalkers responses about surges, finding artifacts or death of their fellows.
- Companions chitchatting about all sort of things, whether its their own thoughts on factions, the maps they visit, or even the player himself.
- You have a complete control over what type of news you want to show up through your game, and the time cycle of those news right from this menu.
- To access it: load your game, then open the main menu and press Page-Up button.
- You can change the default button as well.
Credit goes to SashaRed, RadioactiveToilet and Azure for their translations of Dynamic News in MLR 8.3
- Fixed a crash related to responses on found artifacts.
- Improved, unified script.
- Fixed a case with stalkers reporting wrong faction of victim (credit goes to rus_odin)
- Fixed a bug about showing %s in found artifacts news.
- Fixed issue of showing "Player" rather than the actual player name
- Updated Weather news to be accurate.
- Complete grammar fix for a lot of text (credit goes to RadioactiveToilet)
- Added russian language support (credit goes to av661194)
- Added dynamic news menu that allows the player to control the news (credit goes to av661194 cause i used his UI script)
- Added news: Nearby enemy activities.
- Added news: Factions activity in the zone.
- Added news: Dumb zombies.
- Added news: Stolen stashes.
- Improved script for less bugs and issues.
- Turning off specific news will increase the chance of other news (from the same catagory) to appear more.
- Added (news show time) option in the menu, allows you to control how long the news must stay on your HUD before fading away.
- Fixed a text bug happening on underground areas.
- More corrections to the text (credit goes to SashaRed).
- Fixed a case where death reports (obituaries) show "player" instead of the actual name of the player
- (3.2) [from av661194]
- Updated support for russian language.
- Fixed a little bug that prevents the default button of news menu from working without (axr_options.ltx)
- Fixed a bug in death reporting news about providing wrong community.
- Added Misery-style background for the news menu in CoM and Last Day.
- (3.3) [from av661194]
- Fixed some mistakes in text
- Added support for Dead Air.
- Fixed a bug where other types of news don't show up even after enabling them.
- Fixed a case where both killer and victim are from the same faction.
- Fixed some news about fake reports of presnese of specific mutants.
- Fixed a lot of grammar mistakes (credit goes for Victor-933)
- Fixed mistakes in russian version.
- Fixed a crash related to corpse detection (Dead Air)
- Fixed a crash related to nearby enemy activity news.
- Fixed few bugs
- Stolen stash reports are now off by default (you can enable them from news options menu)
Report any bug you might encounter, suggestions are also welcome.