This my Personal Launcher for any idTech1 Game. I Coded this thing with The main focus in optics and the speed of starting the multiwads, levels.
LH.IDTech1(Start) Version 0.97
Grafical Frontend for:
Doom 1, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Doom64, Final Doom, Heretic, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Raiders Hexen: Beyond Heretic, Hexen Death Kings of the Citadel, HACX - Twitch 'n Kill , Strife: Quest for the Sigil, Freedoom Phase 1 + 2 inc Deathmatch, Chex Quest Episode 1-3
LH.IDTech1(Start) is a fast and uncomplicated Doom1 (and for other idTech1 based Games) Frontend Launcher to start the Games. With the main Focus on a clean graphical appearance. This no overloaded with buttons or checkmarks but has all the Features. The other main goal is to add easily Resources and Levels. You can add 'unlimited' resources and Levels and mix them. This Frontend is no limited to a number of Levels or is restricted to a Source Port. With the inbuild Wad Reader it has the ability to autoselect the map if you select a Level. Because sometimes it's annoying to look in the Readme for xx Level. For a faster usability this Frontend has fully support with Drag'n'Drop.
- Support 64+ Wad Files inc Hash Check
- Support 15+ Source Ports (Doomsday, g/zDoom, Chocolate etc)
- Configurable wad, deh, bex, lmp, pk7, pk3, zip lists
- Inbuild Textviewer
- Inbuild Wad File Reader
- Inbuild Explorer with Popup Lite Menu
- Quick *.Wad, *.pk3, *.zip LevelInfo
- Drag'n'Drop Support for Adding Levels, Resource's
- Drag'n'Drop Support for Adding iWad's
- Save and Load Configurations (No Limit)
- Create Batch Files from Saved Configs
- Create Desktop Shortcut's from the Saved Config's
- Easily quick mix id Tech1 Game's Resources, Levels
- Steam Doom Collector's Editon, Steam Doom Ultimate, Steam Final Doom & GOG Doom Bundle are supportet too
- Manageable Tool to Configure idTech1 Games
Marked as Beta ?
- Is written under Windows 7 and not tested or debugged with the Purebasic IDE under Windows 8/8.1/10.
If you found a Bug or Crash please post a message :)
I hope you enjoy this Grafical Frontend Launcher for IDTech1 Games :)
Version 0.97 (2017-02-01)
- Added Support for qzDoom, zDoom is doomed
- Added Support for a Old Versions and new Version for zDoom, gzDoom annd qzDoom ports because compatibility with old zDoom,gzDoom Games
- Fixed locked File state on select a *.WAD file
- Fixed Checksum Ident dor DOOM 1.0 Shareware (v0.99)
- Added DOOM 0.3 Alpha ....
- Code Upgraded to Purebasic 5.42 LTS
Version 0.95 (2016-03-16)
- Fixed Crash ‘Create Desktop: Icon Mixed Mode’ Memory List-size to small (2015-09-03)
- Mini Explorer: More Handle and Detailed Info @Delete Files. (2015-09-10)
- Removed unused Window Size Code. (2015-09-10)
- Eternity Engine: Support for *.edf Files (2015-09-10)
- HacX 1.0/1.1: Use Automatic if found in the same Directory how Hacx.wad the Dehacked
Files Hacx.deh/ Hacx_F.deh (2015-09-10)
- Added to Save Commandline Arguments to the User Configs (2015-09-15)
- Added iwad File Path Support for Steam: Doom Collector’s Edition and GOG: Doom Bundle Collection (Section Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom).
- Auto select works only if iwad Path is Empty (2015-09-16) * Couldn't Test Doom Collector’s Edition, I don’t have this
- Added Batch-file Creation , Look at ‘Save Configuration: Popup Menu’. Config will be
- Default saved To Desktop (2015-09-16)
- Small additions and fixes (2015-08-27)
- Source Code Optimize (Added More Macros) (2015-08-28)
- Bug Fix 'Extern Resource Select'. Open\New Directory on File caused Error (2015-08-28)
- Fixed: Hexen -Death Kings Of Citadel Section, show only Expansion Maps (2015-08-28)
- Fixed: Doom 64 Section (Working Path) (2015-08-29)
- Added: Jump through the Games Section rembered the last Path 'Resource Directory's' (2015-08-29)
- MouseMenu Changes: 'Saved Configurations'. Config's can bes saved to other idTech1 games (2015-08-29)
- Szenario - You have a HD Resolution Pak Configured with Doom1, you can save now
the same Configuration for Doom2 or other Games.
- Added Source Port Home -and Build Page Buttons (2015-08-29)
- Added Additional Info to the Home Page Tooltip (2015-08-29)
- Added Iwad's: Doom Ultimate and Doom 2 BFG Editions
- Added ini 'Enable_GameSelect = false/true' for Doomsday Engine Game Mode Identifier. . (2015-08-29)
- if the value set to false, LH.IDTech1(Start) runs DDE with '-game xxxxxx'
- I have noticed that if you run Doom Ultimate, Hexen: death Kings of Citadel, Heretic: SotSR
- Doomsday Engine bring up the Game Mode Selector and if you added levels or HD Textures etc..
- These added files are no longer available after the Game Mode Select. This can be avoided if add the command '-game xxxxx'.
- Added ini 'Enable_SearchPath = false/true' for Doomsday Engine (2015-08-31)
- Joint the Doomsday command line Options '-nodoomwaddir , -nodoomwadpath , -nosteamapps'
- Added Checkboxes to all Sections: NoSound, NoMusic, NoMonsters, Respawn, Fast (2015-08-31)
- Redirect Logfiles to a Subdirectory '\Logfiles\' (2015-08-31)
- Source Port StringPath Box and Working Folder StringPath Box Support now Drag 'n' Drop (2015-08-31)
- Extended the Tooltip Infos on 'Resource Storage', 'Source Port -' and 'Working Folder' (2015-08-31)
- Typo Fix on 'Extern Resource Select' / PopUp Menu > Paste Files or Folders (2015-08-31)
- Desktop Shortcut function Extended: You have 3 Options (2015-09-01)
1. Use LH.IDTech1(Start) Collection, if you don't like the icons you can replace by own
2. Use From Selected Source Port. LH.IDTech(Start) take the Icon from SourcePort and Set this.
3. Mixed Mode: LH.IDTech1(Start) search in the Folder where is the wad located for an Icon. If not found it takes from Source Port. If this fail it takes it from the Icon Collection (Data\Shortcut Icons\)
- Removed a barrier, saves now Config without having files in the 'Resource Storage' (2015-08-31)
- Removed the 64Bit version. I think the launcher doesn't need technical a 64Bit adressspace Memory
- I've Purchased the GOG Version Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom Today (2015-09-01)
Final Doom is the 'Rare' ID Anthology Version
Plutonia Hash: 3493be7e1e2588bc9c8b31eab2587a04 / TNT Hash: 1d39e405bf6ee3df69a8d2646c8d5c49 I marked this in the Final Doom Section, in the Combo box
- Added a default Language File (German) (Build in is English) in \Data\Language\ For Locale Code (2015-09-01)
- look in \Data\Log files\ and open a *.log. If you like you can translate the Langauge.
- Extended the Wad File Input Function for Error Checks (See Log Files) (2015-09-01)
- Added zip and pk3 Support to retrieve the Level Info (2015-08-23)
- Retrieve Level info from *.zip\*.Pk3 'MAPINFO' (2015-08-23)
- Extended and changed Tooltip info on 'Extern Resource Select' (2015-08-24)
- Added a Mouse Popup Menu to 'Extern Resource Select' (2015-08-24)
- Added Drag 'n' Drop support for 'Extern Resource Select' (In/ Out ) (2015-08-24) e.q Quickly Drag and Drop files to Slade :)
- You can Drag and Drop the most Doom files ( "Zip, Pk3, Pk7, Wad, deh, bex, Lmp") from 'Extern Resource Select' to the 'Resource Storage'
- Reduce Loading Time if select a Zip/pk3 Archiv with more as 999 Entries (2015-08-24)
- Minor Type Fix Tooltip Info at 'Level Name's' (2015-08-24)
- Inbuilt Wad File Reader: Redirect State IWAD info (2015-08-25)
- Extern Resource Select: Auto refresh Handle on Delete (2015-08-25)
- Inbuilt Wad File Reader: Extended (Heretic MapInfo > E6M3) (2015-08-25)
- Inbuilt Wad File Reader: Extended (Hexen MapInfo > Map59) (2015-08-25)
- Fixed: Invalid 16Bytes Memory Error (2015-08-25)
- Added: Desktop Shortcut set a Icon from the Selected saved Configuration (2015-08-26)
- Fixed: Try to find the Level and Auto-Select if zipped Archive has Multi Wad files (2015-08-26)
- Added more IWAD Verification (2015-08-26)
- Added Debug Log Functions (2015-08-26)
- Adjust Warp command if using Doomsday Engine 1.x / 2.x. (2015-08-26)
DDE use non default formatted command For Doom2 And other idTech1 games they uses Maps. Load Doom2 Map 28, Default Source Port/Original: '-warp 28', Doomsday Engine: '-warp 1 28')
- Added Right Mouse button Click on 'Resource Storage'. Right Click on File Jumps directly to the Directory. (2015-08-26)
- Added iWad Support: Freedoom1.wad and Freedoom2.wad/Freedm.wad (2015-08-19)
For Freedoom1 look at 'The Ultimate Doom'
For Freedoom2/FreeDM look at 'Doom 2: Hell on Earth'
- Reduced LH.IDTech1(Start).exe File size (2015-08-19)
- Level, Resources in 'saved Configurations' holds the current selected Port and IWad (2015-08-20)
- I think this method is better and faster if use Default Highres Packs With lot of pwads
- Added Wad File format ( LH.IDTech1(Start) has now in build Wad File Reader) (2015-08-20)
- Added Automatic Level Select (Not yet Support for Wad Files in Packed Archives) (2015-08-21)
- Single-click on a *.wad level in 'Extern Resource Select' Retrieves info from the Wad File and auto select the Level in the 'Warp Combo box'
- Extended Tooltip info on 'Extern Resource Select' if you select a *.wad File (2015-08-21)
- Typo Fix On Source Port Selection (2015-08-18)
- Name Change on Home Screen ("Doom Ultimate" to "The Ultimate Doom") (2015-08-18)
- Return to Home Screen with 'Media Mouse Back button' alias 'Browser Back Button' (2015-08-18)
- Drag 'n' Drop Support for Main Wad Files (2015-08-18)
- Press Right Mouse button on button 'Remove a PWad from the Storage List' Remove all Items (2015-08-18)
- Fixed Possible Callback Crash .. i hope now (2015-08-18)
- Drag 'n' Drop Support for Resource Storage (2015-08-18)
I have tested other Frontend and Launcher but the was restricted to a Port or other things and not any
has a graphical UI. My Idea for a small Doom Launcher. Done... First Public Release (2015-08-17)
Show the Zipfile Content\*.wad Level Info and other Wad Files in the Tooltip
Show the Zipfile Content\*.wad Level Info in the Tooltip
IWAD select support Hashcheck
Show Level Info and if found autoselect the Map. Works in Archiv with multiple Wad Files
Doubleclick on a Text File pupup the inbuild Text Reader
Select the current Source Port
Create Desktop Shortcut
Inbuild Explorer Menu.
This tool ... util .. frontend is totally free. NonProfit, Gratis etc..
Wrote in Purebasic 5.42.