DML 2.4 it's an open source (BSD 3 License) C# launcher & organizer for Doom's (But also Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Chex Quest, Strife etc...) mods! Works with many zdoom-like modern sourceports, such as GZdoom, Zandronum, Skulltag... and of course also with zdoom itself!
Doom Mod Loader is a Doom (but NOT ONLY, here's the full list of compatible games) launcher & organizer for Windows (7, 8.1 & 10) that allow you to easily load your game with your favourite mods and also:
- Works with most of modern doom sourceport (like zdoom, skulltag, gzdoom***, zandronum** etc... see below the tested ones)
- Saves groups of mod you want to play togheter in presets.
- Writes engine console parameters* for you (Or even add other ones if you know them!)
- Change mod loading order, so you can load different mods without let them replace each other stuff without control.
- Change launching options such as the starting level, the skill level, chose if play with faster monster, let them respawn (like in NIGHTMARE! difficulty) or just remove them.
- Change the video renderer mode.
- Use an alternative sourceport .ini file without the need of swapping them manually.
DML 2.X do not need to be installed, it's fully portable.
If you are upgrading from an old version (2.1 or greater) and want to keep your settings, replace just the old exe with the new one, this way all your settings will be kept.
If you need help take a look to the readme file included with the download, if you can't find there the answer that you were looking for there, feel free to contact me.
Changelog 21/04/2021 - v2.4
- Added support for loading ".iwad" and ".ipk3" file has an IWAD (original game)
- Added file explorer shortcut to each "FILE" subfolder under the "Open" menu on the left of the software main window.
- Added "Mod list view mode" to manage the new 3 view mode of the file list: "ONLY FILE NAME" show only the mod name, "FOLDER AND FILE NAME" show the file name and the folder where it's placed and "FULL PATH" shows the full path to the mod. Can be changed in the preferences menu, default to "ONLY FILE NAME"
- Added welcome screen with some info about the software and how you can contact me.
- Mods in mod order window can now be directly pushed to the top or the bottom of the list by holding down "CTRL" while clicking on the "UP" or "DOWN" button.
- Mods now can be also ordered by folder and path.
- Mods in the Mod Loading Order window can be moved UP or DOWN with the arrow keys.
- Mods in the Mod Loading Order window can be removed with the DELETE key.
- Updated about box with new P36 Software logo, new support email, button links to my "business" twitter (@p36software) and to Tank Rider (my new game).
- Updated "unhandled exception" message to show the current software version.
- Updated assembly info
- Fixed bug where "search" and "extension" filter in mods list were resetted to default when clicking on "Reload resources".
- Fixed bug where "USE_ADVANCED_SELECTION_MODE" flag was ignored on appllication start until the user opened and closed the preferences window.
- Fixed bug where application would crash if in the mod load order windows, the last mod was removed and, without selecting another mod, the user tried to move up or down a mod.
- Fixed bug where all mods name in Mod Load Order window will change to "DoomModLoader2.Entity.PathName" .
- Fixed bug where the select preset will reset to "-" when the user clicked on "Reload resources".
- Fixed bug where the latest added iwad file does not always get automatically selected.
- Fixed bug whe preset name with spaces at the beginning or end of the file will make resets DML2X ini values to defaults.
(This is only the latest version changelog, you can find the full DML version history here)
As for this version, the only tested sourceport are:
- GZdoom (v4.5.0), -height and -width do not work due to gzdoom way of handling resolution)
- LZdoom (v3.87c)
- Zandronum (3.0)
- QZDoom (2.1.0)
PARTIAL COMPATIBILITY (Some DML features will not work):
- Chocholate Doom (3.0.1)
- PrBoom+ (2.6um)
(As long as it follows the zdoom command line standard, any engine should work fine)
NOTE: Need Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 to work. If your system is up to date you should have it arleady.
* DML is more like a "modern sourceport launcher", that writes the engine console parameters for you, that means you STILL NEED a modern doom port to load your mod. I've tested so far the ones I've wrote, but as far a port use the console parameters linked above it will work fine!
** On Zandronum the "Disable SFX" (-nosfx) seems to do disable all sounds instead of disable only the sfx. Don't know why.
*** On GZDoom, -height and -width do not work anymore, due to the changes they did to the code that handles the resolution. This afflict any DML version. See the DML 2.0 changelog above for more info, I also mention a possible workaround for this issue.
Check out the project on Github! Here you can find the software sourcecode and beta releases
If you're interested in my softwares, games, open source projects or just want to contact me, you can find me here:
🔗 Website: P36software.net
✉ Support e-mail: email@example.com (for reporting bug/give feedback/ask for help)
✉ Info e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (for anything else)
🐦 Twitter: Twitter.com (@p36software, gets updated more often)
📄 Github: Github.com
🔧 ModDB: Moddb.com
🎮 IndieDB: Indiedb.com
🎥 Youtube: Youtube.com