After a year of intermittant developing in my spare time, the 2.4 version it's finally out!
As always I want to dedicate a few lines to thanks eviltechno, who helped me a lot, from suggesting new features (most of them comes from his ideas) to testing DML 2.X inside out.
Without his help this project would not be the same.
Changelog 21/04/2021 - v2.4
- Added support for loading ".iwad" and ".ipk3" file has an IWAD (Now you can launch "Castelvania: Simon's Destiny" and other unofficial games trough DML 2.X!)
- Added file explorer shortcut to each "FILE" subfolder under the "Open" menu on the left of the software main window.
- Added "Mod list view mode" to manage the new 3 view mode of the file list: "ONLY FILE NAME" show only the mod name, "FOLDER AND FILE NAME" show the file name and the folder where it's placed and "FULL PATH" shows the full path to the mod. Can be changed in the preferences menu, default to "ONLY FILE NAME" (Thanks to rye74 for suggesting this feature)
- Added welcome screen with some info about the software and how you can contact me.
- Mods in mod order window can now be directly pushed to the top or the bottom of the list by holding down "CTRL" while clicking on the "UP" or "DOWN" button.
- Mods now can be also ordered by folder and path. (Thanks to rye74 for suggesting this feature)
- Mods in the Mod Loading Order window can be moved UP or DOWN with the arrow keys.
- Mods in the Mod Loading Order window can be removed with the DELETE key.
- Updated about box with new P36 Software logo, new support email, button links to my "business" twitter (@p36software) and to Tank Rider (my new game).
- Updated "unhandled exception" message to show the current software version.
- Updated assembly info
- Fixed bug where "search" and "extension" filter in mods list were resetted to default when clicking on "Reload resources".
- Fixed bug where "USE_ADVANCED_SELECTION_MODE" flag was ignored on appllication start until the user opened and closed the preferences window.
- Fixed bug where application would crash if in the mod load order windows, the last mod was removed and, without selecting another mod, the user tried to move up or down a mod.
- Fixed bug where all mods name in Mod Load Order window will change to "DoomModLoader2.Entity.PathName" .
- Fixed bug where the select preset will reset to "-" when the user clicked on "Reload resources".
- Fixed bug where the latest added iwad file does not always get automatically selected.
- Fixed bug whe preset name with spaces at the beginning or end of the file will make resets DML2X ini values to defaults.
(This is only the latest version changelog, you can find the full DML version history here)
As for this version, the only tested sourceport are:
- GZdoom (v4.5.0), -height and -width do not work due to gzdoom way of handling resolution)
- LZdoom (v3.87c)
- Zandronum (3.0)
- QZDoom (2.1.0)
PARTIAL COMPATIBILITY (Some DML 2.X features will not work):
- Chocholate Doom (3.0.1)
- PrBoom+ (2.6um)
(As long as it follows the zdoom command line standard, any engine should work fine)
The .zip folder contains also a readme file which should answer most of your question on DML 2.X, if not feel free to contact me.
If you're upgrading from a previous version (v2.1 or more recent) you can just replace the old .exe with the new one. This way you'll keep all your settings and presets.
This is an open source project, licensed under the BSD 3 Clause License.
The sourcecode can be found on github at Github.com
As I said before, this project is no longer actively developed, so do not expect any new update in the near future, maybe this will be the last version, who knows? (I will do at least one last bugfix update, if any new bugs are found)
On github you can find the beta release, which I do update much more often then the stable releases (The first 2.4 beta was released back in June 2020!).
The beta release have the latest and greatest features and bugfixes, but they come with a catch: (potentially) new unknown bugs and generally a (potentially) less stable software.
You will find all 2.4b/2.5 beta releases (if any) here Github.com
Thanks for all your support! <3
If you're interested in my softwares, games, open source projects or just want to contact me, you can find me here:
🔗 Website: P36software.net
✉ Support e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (for reporting bug/give feedback/ask for help)
✉ Info e-mail: email@example.com (for anything else)
🐦 Twitter: Twitter.com (@p36software, gets updated more often)
📄 Github: Github.com
🔧 ModDB: Moddb.com
🎮 IndieDB: Indiedb.com
🎥 Youtube: Youtube.com